Official Xperia Z Thread

Princej79

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2010
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
PACE Router rebooted

Hi all,

Previously I have posted about the above issue and despite got the Router replaced, the problem still persist.

I called Singtel again just now and they told me they are doing another firmware update. This will take awhile.

I will update here again for the benefit of those affected, if the problem is truly solved.

Thanks...:)
 

DXMachina

Banned
Joined
Apr 26, 2003
Messages
6,259
Reaction score
0
MicroSD expandable to 32GB or 64GB? I read on the net, 64GB works. Anyone?

For the bros who have invested in a microSD card to store HD content on the phone, especially full length movies, you may have been disappointed to find that you can only format the microSD card in FAT32, thus having the 4gb filesize limitation which a lot of HD files far exceed.

However, I chanced upon this mod at XDA which actually allows you to format your card to exFAT: [MOD] exFAT support for Xperia Z(non-Japanese verisons) - xda-developers

Now I can throw everything on my 64gb microSD without any limitations. :)

Like other bros have noted, please format your card using your phone for the first time, then format it to exFAT using this mod. Should work like a charm!
 

killerer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2001
Messages
688
Reaction score
1
Hi all,

Previously I have posted about the above issue and despite got the Router replaced, the problem still persist.

I called Singtel again just now and they told me they are doing another firmware update. This will take awhile.

I will update here again for the benefit of those affected, if the problem is truly solved.

Thanks...:)

Thanks brah!
 

DXMachina

Banned
Joined
Apr 26, 2003
Messages
6,259
Reaction score
0
Yup the cam is very disappointing. 13 MP but what the heck?!!

Of course I do not expect DSLR quality but... :(

Coming from my previous Lumia 920 which has one hell of a kickass cam, I'm feeling the pinch when it comes to the XZ's inferior cam. Hell, even my old iphone 4 and current iPad takes better photos.
 

Unknownx

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
16
Does XZ slow in focusing before taking picture? Coz after owned few Xperia phones, I feel this is the main problem...
 

dreamz13

Master Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2002
Messages
3,445
Reaction score
21
Hi all,

Previously I have posted about the above issue and despite got the Router replaced, the problem still persist.

I called Singtel again just now and they told me they are doing another firmware update. This will take awhile.

I will update here again for the benefit of those affected, if the problem is truly solved.

Thanks...:)
any estimated timeline?
 

viniss

Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
293
Reaction score
0
Anyone got a backup for the official firmware (ftf) for singapore local set? Can link it somewhere?
I accidentally flashed random firmware and forgot to backup =.=
 

iNFINITExx

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2012
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
you guys have any issues with apps crashing?

My LINE has been crashing non stop on my Z.... i have also deleted the app and re-installed from Play.

:(
 

iNFINITExx

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2012
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
yup, i have slow focus issues as well.... i noticed it might be due to the new Superior Focus mode , choose the normal focus mode and use the tap function to do the focusing ... camera load is slow though .. should have been instant load .. zzzzz
 

Angteko

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2013
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
For low light, use normal instead of the auto.
My indoor shoot is like normal lighting which I consider very much sufficient lighting to have a decent pic, yet it wasn't. My xs did a very good job. One of the best mobile cam.
Btw,what resolution did u guys set?
 

Angteko

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2013
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
I just enabled my 4g, and it was superb. Super fast loh. Can't even notice it loaded. But stupid Singtel required me to call in twice before getting it enabled. Wth with their services nowadays?
 

shadey

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
6,780
Reaction score
721
whenever you reset the phone,you have to refill the APN manually:

name: sunsurf
APN: sunsurf
username: 65
password: user123
authentication type: none
APN type: default

save it. press back key,choose it and enjoy.

Nope, just run the Setup utility when you first boot the phone, the phone will set the APNs automatically on it's own. It will ask you "do oyu want to configure data access" then just say "yes".
 

Angteko

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2013
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
I'm sending this while in underground mrt. Though no 4g connection, but I feel the connection of 3g quite strong. Better than xs
 

Lostsouls

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
1,175
Reaction score
0
For the bros who have invested in a microSD card to store HD content on the phone, especially full length movies, you may have been disappointed to find that you can only format the microSD card in FAT32, thus having the 4gb filesize limitation which a lot of HD files far exceed.

However, I chanced upon this mod at XDA which actually allows you to format your card to exFAT: [MOD] exFAT support for Xperia Z(non-Japanese verisons) - xda-developers

Now I can throw everything on my 64gb microSD without any limitations. :)

Like other bros have noted, please format your card using your phone for the first time, then format it to exFAT using this mod. Should work like a charm!

I have a site to download blu ray 720P & 1080P movies from 700MB to 2.5GB. Quality is good...
 

jazzman80

Master Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
4,787
Reaction score
0
Nope, just run the Setup utility when you first boot the phone, the phone will set the APNs automatically on it's own. It will ask you "do oyu want to configure data access" then just say "yes".

My bad. Didnt know this as I reset it a number of times, I did the manual job all the time too.
But I didn't come across any "setup utility"
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top