Official Xperia Z Thread

kindaichigal

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2010
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Hi carlover76, thanks for advice :)

i managed to switch off the voice output by unchecking both the Talkback and Enhance web accessibility. :D
 

hush66

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2001
Messages
6,703
Reaction score
0
yup.. i newbie to android.. switched from iphone to this... hehe...

Check to see if your proximity sensor is working properly. Go to your dialer and enter *#*#7378423#*#*. Then go to Service tests and Proximity Switch.

If it's working, then it's some software / setting issue.
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
anybody has the problem whereby the backlight will suddenly come on (when the phone is in sleep) for no reason?

Me too. My 3G data is off. How abt yours?

Its quite a batt killer lor. Last night before sleep it was 100%, 6hrs later this morning, its 6% le... :(
 

xgwei

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2001
Messages
6,549
Reaction score
13
anyone know how to disable the background display from going black when making a phone call? this is especially irritating when I am calling singtel/bankks and then realised that the display is being turned off due to battery saving... then i can't press 1 for english, 2 for whatever darn thing


by right the screen should go blank when put close to face or ear... this is to prevent our face or ear from accidentally pressing other buttons when talking.. but the screen should light up when its away from our face...
 

spyderpiggy

Senior Member
Joined
May 31, 2009
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
11
Just wondering, anybody else experiencing random signal drop? Like from full bar signal to no connection, than 2 sec later signal back up.
 

umts_lte

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Just wondering, anybody else experiencing random signal drop? Like from full bar signal to no connection, than 2 sec later signal back up.

I had this situation when i first purchased by phone two weeks ago.

Update to the latest patch and this will go away.
 

bigbadber

Banned
Joined
Mar 7, 2007
Messages
44,793
Reaction score
2,799
Go to settings and Accessibility, make sure the talkback option is not turn on


carlover76,

can you explain the standard of their earphones again?

dunno what letters or acronym you used the other time.

and is there an adapter where I can use to plug in my old Arc's earphones to use on my Z?

Cos I was thinking not to waste it and I wanna use it when I cycle
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
carlover76,

can you explain the standard of their earphones again?

dunno what letters or acronym you used the other time.

and is there an adapter where I can use to plug in my old Arc's earphones to use on my Z?

Cos I was thinking not to waste it and I wanna use it when I cycle

Do you mean the standard for earpiece? Arc is using the old standard called OMTP and new standards for all Xperia models from the Xperia S onwards are using CTIA which are set by iphone initially.

You can try and find those adapter which convert the OMTP to CTIA standards but not sure where can get it.
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
Anyone else also have problem their XZ will light up and stay lit, even though it's screen lock? I am getting two nights in a row le, woke up this morning and the battery s flat, and I am very sure it was 100%, mobile data switched off and power management on. The reason why I suspect is this is because Monday morning woke up he phone is lit and battery going low at 6%. This morning worse, flat 0...
I really need help for this, I can't be rushing to charge every morning lor... :(
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
Just to check in the network Mode under Mobile network settings, do you have the LTE/ECDMA/GSM option?

Not sure this is normal?

Screenshot_2013-04-09-08-36-22_zps31c77dac.png
 
Last edited:

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
Anyone else also have problem their XZ will light up and stay lit, even though it's screen lock? I am getting two nights in a row le, woke up this morning and the battery s flat, and I am very sure it was 100%, mobile data switched off and power management on. The reason why I suspect is this is because Monday morning woke up he phone is lit and battery going low at 6%. This morning worse, flat 0...
I really need help for this, I can't be rushing to charge every morning lor... :(

Please check the settings in Developer Options under Stay Awake? Guess you turn it on accidentally.
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
Please check the settings in Developer Options under Stay Awake? Guess you turn it on accidentally.

The function "phone will not sleep while charging" is not checked...
Could it be the snap dragon battery application? I just uninstall it to be safe...
 

F3Rm1nat0r

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2005
Messages
27,644
Reaction score
1,348
Me too. My 3G data is off. How abt yours?

Its quite a batt killer lor. Last night before sleep it was 100%, 6hrs later this morning, its 6% le... :(
same thing, even with airplane mode still happens so cannot be the 3g :(
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top