Official Xperia Z Thread

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
Just curious. Currently I am using Xperia Z. Say next year I change to another Xperia phone, would the Sony backup / restore software be able to restore from my Xperia Z exactly same to the new Xperia phone?
 

hush66

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2001
Messages
6,703
Reaction score
0
Just curious. Currently I am using Xperia Z. Say next year I change to another Xperia phone, would the Sony backup / restore software be able to restore from my Xperia Z exactly same to the new Xperia phone?

It should work. But I've read that sometimes it doesn't.

For me, whenever I switch to a new Xperia phone, I always do a fresh installation to ensure that everything works fine. I only restore my contacts & SMS (using Super Backup app), Whatsapp and LINE messages. Everything else is re-installed from fresh.
 

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2000
Messages
45,489
Reaction score
13,909
Before I sell it, it just happened I dropped before the deal. Haiz.. My Z have to die with me.
 

jameshong

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
843
Reaction score
3
Hi guys. I hope there are still some Xperia Z users here. I need some feedbacks. Recently I notice my Z will suddenly vibrate but there is not emails or messages coming in. It kinda freaks me a bad feeling that the phone may be dying soon.

Can anyone advise what is happening?

Ghost month...:eek:!
 

meowth82

Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
206
Reaction score
0
Hi All, can i buy the magnetic charging cable for Z2, Z Ultra to use on my Xperia Z? Help needed. Thanks
 

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
4
Hi All, can i buy the magnetic charging cable for Z2, Z Ultra to use on my Xperia Z? Help needed. Thanks

no you can't the magnetic charger for Z1,Z2,Z Ultra is different from what is found on the original Xperia Z.

The one found on Xperia Z
Sony-Xperia-Z-Charging-Cradle-4.jpg

The one found on Xperia Z2
14069054049_02ff24114e_z.jpg
 

spiez1

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2014
Messages
693
Reaction score
1

yhw22

Master Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2002
Messages
4,928
Reaction score
370
Anybody manage to update it, got any battery drainage problem. Please feedback. Thank.
 

Princej79

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2010
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Updating problem

Anybody manage to update it, got any battery drainage problem. Please feedback. Thank.

I am trying now, but stuck at steps 3, can't detect my phone to continue, followed the instruction few time...sigh.

Anyone else?

Thanks
 

N3wXTyp3

Master Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
3,965
Reaction score
1
Anybody manage to update it, got any battery drainage problem. Please feedback. Thank.

Z is quite an old phone (Yes I am still using) and is my main phone.

Will replace it with Z3 end of the year (hopefully)

I personally felt, to gain out most of Z, you should look into custom ROM.

I have been using 4.4.2 (Custom but using default Sony ROM as based)

and it is working very well despite it is a 1 3/4 years old phone.

I am using with SW2 and the battery normally last me the entire work day before I reach home.

Usual activity of chatting and calling and internet browsing.

very little gaming!
 

yhw22

Master Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2002
Messages
4,928
Reaction score
370
Local FW normally release slightly later cause need to pass to Telco's to add their own stuffs.. LOL

it will depend leh. it is able to detect new firmware but during updating then hits error. :(:(:(

now my phone is in 4.4.2 ..... lucky with airplane mode....whole nite drop only 2%..... :D
 

Princej79

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2010
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Mine detect new firmware but can't proceed further, after PC companion shut down my Z.

It just doesn't detect to continue the updating.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top