Official Xperia Z Thread

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
1) does get warm with prolonged usage, but not hot enough to cook egg
2) using without stamina mode, can last a day
3) not much regrets so far, camera performance could be better.

1) My response will be to run it under the tap to cool it!:s12:
2) So far I have been jamming dragon ball tap battle on it. I must admit I was expecting the batt to drain faster.
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
Most of the sony apps removed.CPU control integrated in the settings,white balance settings too..Fast and smooth :D PRE-ROOTED :s13:

I just gotten mine yesterday at 8.30pm, the battery level was 60%. After 1.5 hours, it dropped to 36%. I walked back to the HP shop and wanted to return the phone back to them. It doesn't heat up that bad though.

I traded in my S3 LTE for my current Xperia Z. I like my Zee. There is something drawing me to my Zee and I have no idea what.

The screen colours is extremely difficult to look at. I have to turn up the brightness to around 60% to see my screen properly. Then there is the sound issue. I can hardly hear it at max volume. I put it in my bag and I use my office phone to call my Zee, I cannot hear it. I put it in my pocket and use my office phone to call my Zee, I cannot hear it.

The HP shop guy was very kind. He agreed to change my Zee for the Optimus G and return me my exact change. However, LG and HTC doesn't support microSD so I am kinda stuck with either Samsung or Sony. *sigh*

I can only say that the battery need more charging cycle to stabilize and season.

As you are blinded by the brightness from your AMOLED screen of S3 so you will find Xperia Z screen not so bright, that is normal but Xperia Z gives you more natural colours and it will not make your eyes tired after you view too long on the screen.
 

Chipero

Master Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2000
Messages
2,980
Reaction score
0
I can only say that the battery need more charging cycle to stabilize and season.

As you are blinded by the brightness from your AMOLED screen of S3 so you will find Xperia Z screen not so bright, that is normal but Xperia Z gives you more natural colours and it will not make your eyes tired after you view too long on the screen.

Well, the brightness on my S3 was at 20%. I have to crank up till 60% on my Zee.

Any ways on increasing the max volume ? With xLoud and without xLoud , no difference :(
 

umts_lte

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Proud Xperia Z Owner

I owned a Note 1 unit and now a Xperia Z. Well before the Note 1, i had a Xperia Arc.

The user experience in the first few days of use are rather poor as i experienced sever dropped mobile coverage inclusive of data connection. I have managed to install the 7.2MB of patch and it works wonder. Problem resolved.

Here are some + and - i have for Xperia Z.

* I love the Xperia Z UI (although with some short coming) like the Index page with creation of apps folders. Cool.

* Camera is definitely good with quick response and natural tones.

* Launching apps are quick (i hope they can be consistent for long)

* Great screen with clean and clear visual experience

* Size of phone is handy and much more pocketable, thinking back, i don't really need a big screen for day to day use

* With or without Stamina, the battery seems rather strong for 2 days with Data Connection always on (i hope they can be consistent for long)

- Dislike the missing feature to create folders for relevant apps in apps section

- Dislike the missing GPS on-off via the drop down page

Generally, the design is cool and sleek. I am a happy owner for now.
 

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
13,742
Reaction score
0
My sdcard will temporarily go undetected when th unit heats up.
I was at Legoland (a steamboat with swelling temperatures) and I thought I lost all my photos...
Wash it and after cooling down, the card was detected again. :D
 

cityscream

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2010
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
I owned a Note 1 unit and now a Xperia Z. Well before the Note 1, i had a Xperia Arc.

The user experience in the first few days of use are rather poor as i experienced sever dropped mobile coverage inclusive of data connection. I have managed to install the 7.2MB of patch and it works wonder. Problem resolved.

Oh? You mean that the mobile coverage is poor initially? what kind of patch is it? :s22:
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
Guys, any of u have problem with whatsapp on your Z? I am using Go keyboard, and I notice sometimes the keyboard will suddenly just shrink away and I have to "pull" it back.
 

umts_lte

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Oh? You mean that the mobile coverage is poor initially? what kind of patch is it? :s22:

Hi.

That was the latest patch available i found last friday. The build says 10.1.A.1.434. Downloaded it from the East coast and all the way to North Singapore with more than 10 dropped connections. Was rather upset with this new phone from telco.
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
Most of the sony apps removed.CPU control integrated in the settings,white balance settings too..Fast and smooth :D PRE-ROOTED :s13:

I owned a Note 1 unit and now a Xperia Z. Well before the Note 1, i had a Xperia Arc.

The user experience in the first few days of use are rather poor as i experienced sever dropped mobile coverage inclusive of data connection. I have managed to install the 7.2MB of patch and it works wonder. Problem resolved.

Here are some + and - i have for Xperia Z.

* I love the Xperia Z UI (although with some short coming) like the Index page with creation of apps folders. Cool.

* Camera is definitely good with quick response and natural tones.

* Launching apps are quick (i hope they can be consistent for long)

* Great screen with clean and clear visual experience

* Size of phone is handy and much more pocketable, thinking back, i don't really need a big screen for day to day use

* With or without Stamina, the battery seems rather strong for 2 days with Data Connection always on (i hope they can be consistent for long)

- Dislike the missing feature to create folders for relevant apps in apps section

- Dislike the missing GPS on-off via the drop down page

Generally, the design is cool and sleek. I am a happy owner for now.

Do you mean creating folders in the application list? You can do that by opening the application list, select under Own Order in the top left corner drop down menu and you can press and hold any application icon onto another app icon to create folder.
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
Most of the sony apps removed.CPU control integrated in the settings,white balance settings too..Fast and smooth :D PRE-ROOTED :s13:

Well, the brightness on my S3 was at 20%. I have to crank up till 60% on my Zee.

Any ways on increasing the max volume ? With xLoud and without xLoud , no difference :(

XLoud is to enhance speaker and not earpiece volume so do not mix up.
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
Most of the sony apps removed.CPU control integrated in the settings,white balance settings too..Fast and smooth :D PRE-ROOTED :s13:

Hi.

That was the latest patch available i found last friday. The build says 10.1.A.1.434. Downloaded it from the East coast and all the way to North Singapore with more than 10 dropped connections. Was rather upset with this new phone from telco.

What type of drop connection you mean? I would suggest you do a repair via pc companion, it might be software corruption.
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
Most of the sony apps removed.CPU control integrated in the settings,white balance settings too..Fast and smooth :D PRE-ROOTED :s13:

My sdcard will temporarily go undetected when th unit heats up.
I was at Legoland (a steamboat with swelling temperatures) and I thought I lost all my photos...
Wash it and after cooling down, the card was detected again. :D

What SD card you are using? I never encounter such a issue even when my phone heats up while playing game consistently for up to 30 mins.

I guess the heat up is due to the JB cos other phones using the same JB also heat up too.
 

wolvie77

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
2,147
Reaction score
15
I just gotten mine yesterday at 8.30pm, the battery level was 60%. After 1.5 hours, it dropped to 36%. I walked back to the HP shop and wanted to return the phone back to them. It doesn't heat up that bad though.

I traded in my S3 LTE for my current Xperia Z. I like my Zee. There is something drawing me to my Zee and I have no idea what.

The screen colours is extremely difficult to look at. I have to turn up the brightness to around 60% to see my screen properly. Then there is the sound issue. I can hardly hear it at max volume. I put it in my bag and I use my office phone to call my Zee, I cannot hear it. I put it in my pocket and use my office phone to call my Zee, I cannot hear it.

The HP shop guy was very kind. He agreed to change my Zee for the Optimus G and return me my exact change. However, LG and HTC doesn't support microSD so I am kinda stuck with either Samsung or Sony. *sigh*

U need to give it a full charge & then use & recharge a few cycles. I use my Z with juice defender battery life better than my S3. I can fully charge at 12pm use till 7+ still left 50+%. If it was my S3, it would have dropped to 20-30+%
 

casshern

Master Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Messages
3,670
Reaction score
0
I just gotten mine yesterday at 8.30pm, the battery level was 60%. After 1.5 hours, it dropped to 36%. I walked back to the HP shop and wanted to return the phone back to them. It doesn't heat up that bad though.

I traded in my S3 LTE for my current Xperia Z. I like my Zee. There is something drawing me to my Zee and I have no idea what.

The screen colours is extremely difficult to look at. I have to turn up the brightness to around 60% to see my screen properly. Then there is the sound issue. I can hardly hear it at max volume. I put it in my bag and I use my office phone to call my Zee, I cannot hear it. I put it in my pocket and use my office phone to call my Zee, I cannot hear it.

The HP shop guy was very kind. He agreed to change my Zee for the Optimus G and return me my exact change. However, LG and HTC doesn't support microSD so I am kinda stuck with either Samsung or Sony. *sigh*


wah which shop so good, let u change phone after opening and using for some time
 

umts_lte

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Do you mean creating folders in the application list? You can do that by opening the application list, select under Own Order in the top left corner drop down menu and you can press and hold any application icon onto another app icon to create folder.


Got it. Big Thanks.
 

umts_lte

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
What type of drop connection you mean? I would suggest you do a repair via pc companion, it might be software corruption.

The dropped connections i meant referred to both voice and data. This was especially prominent in the highway where i see no major concern in Note 1.

Anyway, the problem was resolved after the recent update.
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
The dropped connections i meant referred to both voice and data. This was especially prominent in the highway where i see no major concern in Note 1.

Anyway, the problem was resolved after the recent update.

Good but I have no issue with the previous firmware also. What telco is yours and probably the issue lies on the settings for the Network.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top