Official Xperia Z Thread

hueman

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2000
Messages
2,118
Reaction score
4
Hi which model of Pace router u are currently using? If its just firmware then I think they will push and we just have to reboot.

I just called Singtel hotline on this issue. Mine is a Pace A5520N. The customer service lady said they are not aware of this issue and asked me to use another Wifi channel and at the same time arranged for a technician visit. I obliged with her recommended channel 6, 7 or 8. Before ending the call, the router rebooted.

She said I'll have to let the technician handle it when he comes.

So till then, I'll have to disable my Pace's wifi and use another access point.

Speechless.......
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
I noticed this new problem occuring today. I have the 3G data on, then lock screen. But when I unlock screen, I notice both 3G and wifi is on, thus the wifi will "overwrite" the 3G.
Anyone else has this problem, and has solution??? :(

I found the answer myself. I have to switch off the "Location Services". Strange...
 

cuteoz

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2007
Messages
61
Reaction score
3
my friend bought at $750 telco set @ VR Zone with receipt to prove it is a local set

Good price if you buying from someone, but in shop i think still 820, 830.. which is very good price.. i think Sony all over the world sticking to same price.. wonder if price will drop when S4 released...
 

Micki78

Banned
Joined
Nov 13, 2010
Messages
3,868
Reaction score
0
I just recontact from star hub and got myself this xperiaz. But somehow I don't see any 4g or3g wording at the network bars. I also cannot suft net, no connection.

So I change to wifi. But wifi will drop connection every time there is no activity... Anyone van help?
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
I just recontact from star hub and got myself this xperiaz. But somehow I don't see any 4g or3g wording at the network bars. I also cannot suft net, no connection.

So I change to wifi. But wifi will drop connection every time there is no activity... Anyone van help?

your apn is set ?
or maybe your data is not enabled ?
or touchsood starhub didn't enabled data on your phone ?
or worst is xz lemon set
 

hawkz02

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2008
Messages
1,707
Reaction score
0
I just recontact from star hub and got myself this xperiaz. But somehow I don't see any 4g or3g wording at the network bars. I also cannot suft net, no connection.

So I change to wifi. But wifi will drop connection every time there is no activity... Anyone van help?

Try to go into setting under Xperia to download the Internet and mms setting. See if this work for u
 

sunnycrowe

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2011
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
1
I found the answer myself. I have to switch off the "Location Services". Strange...
Nothing strange abt this.... When location services is on, yr hp wifi wil auto turn on n connect to any recognised wifi signal... Wil overwrite yr mobile data once wifi is on...

But if u nev use yr hp to surf online at home, then u shld turn off location services since wifi takes up battery..
 

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
8,693
Reaction score
12
I just recontact from star hub and got myself this xperiaz. But somehow I don't see any 4g or3g wording at the network bars. I also cannot suft net, no connection.

So I change to wifi. But wifi will drop connection every time there is no activity... Anyone van help?

Maybe have to wait for abt a day for it to be activated if you changed sim. If not then have to do the apn settings.
 

Micki78

Banned
Joined
Nov 13, 2010
Messages
3,868
Reaction score
0
Maybe have to wait for abt a day for it to be activated if you changed sim. If not then have to do the apn settings.

Yes I did change sim as mine previously is blackberry plan. Need one day? The CEO never told me about it.:eek:
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
Yes I did change sim as mine previously is blackberry plan. Need one day? The CEO never told me about it.:eek:

oh u change from bb plan to normal data plan ah
then not xz fault liao
its starhub didnt tell u how long it take to migrat over

just wait 1 day lke the others advice
then call starhub to push for it or go starhub shop and xxx at them

anyway starhub LTE is cmi
so if u dont have LTE netwrok dont be surpiced
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
Nothing strange abt this.... When location services is on, yr hp wifi wil auto turn on n connect to any recognised wifi signal... Wil overwrite yr mobile data once wifi is on...

But if u nev use yr hp to surf online at home, then u shld turn off location services since wifi takes up battery..

Coz I tot that is for gps where it helps to locate places when "checking in" in facebook. Since its auto switching to wifi which I find it irritating, i will switch it off permanently le.


Anyway, I am stuck with a new problem. Say I have a new incoming facebook msg or email in my exchange mail, my XZ screen will light up and stayed lit up until I unlock the screen to read. But this is not what I want. Imagine I am away for a long meeting for few hours, it will sap ALOT of batt leh....
Is there any way I can configure so that it wont light up? Just a light notification will do.

Thanks :)
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
Coz I tot that is for gps where it helps to locate places when "checking in" in facebook. Since its auto switching to wifi which I find it irritating, i will switch it off permanently le.


Anyway, I am stuck with a new problem. Say I have a new incoming facebook msg or email in my exchange mail, my XZ screen will light up and stayed lit up until I unlock the screen to read. But this is not what I want. Imagine I am away for a long meeting for few hours, it will sap ALOT of batt leh....
Is there any way I can configure so that it wont light up? Just a light notification will do.

Thanks :)

You have to configure in the email app on the turn screen on for notification.
 

bigbadber

Banned
Joined
Mar 7, 2007
Messages
44,793
Reaction score
2,799
I just called Singtel hotline on this issue. Mine is a Pace A5520N. The customer service lady said they are not aware of this issue and asked me to use another Wifi channel and at the same time arranged for a technician visit. I obliged with her recommended channel 6, 7 or 8. Before ending the call, the router rebooted.

She said I'll have to let the technician handle it when he comes.

So till then, I'll have to disable my Pace's wifi and use another access point.

Speechless.......


unless you dont mind paying for the technician's visit,

do ensure over the phone that his visit would be free.

also, read through the paper that he gives you to sign after he is done with his work,

cos i did have visits from starhub tech support come to my house before,

supposed to be free,

after doing his stuff, he gave me that paper to sign,

luckily i read though and spotted the $XX payment he wrote there.

otherwise, if i had signed blindly, i would have been charged in the next billing.
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
You have to configure in the email app on the turn screen on for notification.

Did it last night, and I thought everything is fine liaoz. This morning I wake up shocked to see the batt showing low on 6%, and it was full 100% before I slept with 3G data switched off de... :'(
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
Did it last night, and I thought everything is fine liaoz. This morning I wake up shocked to see the batt showing low on 6%, and it was full 100% before I slept with 3G data switched off de... :'(

Then you have to check what apps are running in the background as those apps can just run without 3G Data. =:p

If you switch on Stamina Mode then there will not be any drop of percentage over the night.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top