Official Xperia Z Thread

bigbadber

Banned
Joined
Mar 7, 2007
Messages
44,787
Reaction score
2,793
Received my order of 4 pieces of flaps from AliExpress.

came earlier than expected. took 1 week only.

looks exactly the same.

pictured with the spoilt flap what I removed.

However I wont be putting it back cos eventually it'll spoil again. Anyway, I dont need the waterproofing feature.

DSC_1668_zpsf48eddba.jpg~original


DSC_1671_zpsbc0c5902.jpg~original


DSC_1672_zpsa822b3c2.jpg~original
 

bigbadber

Banned
Joined
Mar 7, 2007
Messages
44,787
Reaction score
2,793
But how do u install the flaps???

I hvnt try yet. I suppose just hold it firmly with a tweezer and squeeze it in?

Read the link on my previous posts a few pages back.

I got the instructions from that guy who described a step by step process
 

sunnycrowe

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2011
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
1
My z reset itself when I open dolphin browser, happened 4 times in the past week.. Never happened before previously... Anyone encounter this issue?
 

Stagss

Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2013
Messages
139
Reaction score
0
Guys, i went to the service center @bishan to repair my usb cable.

i took the opportunity to ask if i can change my rubber flaps since one is gone while another is loose.

The staff there said that they can help us too change the rubber flaps 1 time for free.It required about 3hrs before i could collect my phone again
 

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
4
Guys, i went to the service center @bishan to repair my usb cable.

i took the opportunity to ask if i can change my rubber flaps since one is gone while another is loose.

The staff there said that they can help us too change the rubber flaps 1 time for free.It required about 3hrs before i could collect my phone again

Really? I should go and ask haha :s13::s13:
 

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
4
Sony service centre really improve limo leh. Replacement of flap is free. Took less than 3 hours.
 

dreamz13

Master Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2002
Messages
3,445
Reaction score
21
sibeh sianz...I think have to wait till May for Z to get kitkat...mid-Q2 supposedly
 

dreamz13

Master Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2002
Messages
3,445
Reaction score
21
Sony is slightly slow in terms of update I guess. But Sony tend to add more improvement to it I guess?
I just hope the kitkat update will fix the call-speaker mode issue. It's rather annoying even though I don't make many calls.
 

LorMaiGai

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2011
Messages
528
Reaction score
0
Hi Guys.
Pretty satisfied with Sony Service Centre @ Bishan today.
Sent my phone for repair yesterday and they called me up this noon and told me my phone was ready for collection.

My Xperia Z got water damaged and caused the volume down button to jam , forcing into safe mode and water under the screen.

Didn't have to pay for any charges. Everything was free.
They changed almost everything except motherboard i guess.
The flaps , battery , screen , and the whole casing. Used to be scratches and dents at the corner but its gone when i received back my phone :D
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top