OLA EC @ Anchorvale

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2019
Messages
7,573
Reaction score
736
Then tomorrow PG agent will tell u even though the pricing for OLA might be competitive but there are a lot of disadvantages to that particular EC.

Which location is better? PG or OLA?
I think if not for current market conditions OLA would have launched similar to PG.
 

momoeagle

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2007
Messages
2,800
Reaction score
519
Then tomorrow PG agent will tell u even though the pricing for OLA might be competitive but there are a lot of disadvantages to that particular EC.

Lol! I really can imagine that happening.

Anyway funds that were for EC are slowly entering certain counters I was looking at for a long long time. So no EC for some time.

Likely I will go for resale instead few years down.
 

holasingapura

Master Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
3,263
Reaction score
464
Lol! I really can imagine that happening.

Anyway funds that were for EC are slowly entering certain counters I was looking at for a long long time. So no EC for some time.

Likely I will go for resale instead few years down.

Choose the right counters and easily make 20-30% in a year. You can buy a 5 bedder then.

Buy property today and you will either be flat or in the red over the same period. And people still want to rush for OLA? :s22:
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
Which location is better? PG or OLA?
I think if not for current market conditions OLA would have launched similar to PG.

Honestly I prefer staying near waterway park than near hospital.
I also tried walking from PG to Waterway Point mall, walkable lah.
Thus PG for me.
 

ryuxdragonx

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
961
Reaction score
0
Choose the right counters and easily make 20-30% in a year. You can buy a 5 bedder then.

Buy property today and you will either be flat or in the red over the same period. And people still want to rush for OLA? :s22:

There are many factors when it comes to buying a property for own stay. I'm not rushing per se but if I'm buying a place for potentially 10-15 years of stay, and OLA checks all the right boxes for me, judging from the current market space after doing all my research, I'm getting the conclusion of 'why not'.

The pricing might not be 100% ideal but as you said before, buying a property also has an emotional aspect to it. If I'm buying a property solely for investment now then OLA is definitely not the right choice.

But more so than monetary terms, waiting around for a few years for the perfect property for my future family may have more potential capital gain but you would lose a few years, and time, my friend, is way more valuable than money to me. You can study trends and cycles but no one can predict the future for sure. For example, who would have predicted these two global disasters going on at the same time right now.

What do you think?
 

ryuxdragonx

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
961
Reaction score
0
Honestly I prefer staying near waterway park than near hospital.
I also tried walking from PG to Waterway Point mall, walkable lah.
Thus PG for me.

I would have considered PG but the layout and the overall estate planning of the PG site was just a no-no for me. Not my preference.
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
There are many factors when it comes to buying a property for own stay. I'm not rushing per se but if I'm buying a place for potentially 10-15 years of stay, and OLA checks all the right boxes for me, judging from the current market space after doing all my research, I'm getting the conclusion of 'why not'.

The pricing might not be 100% ideal but as you said before, buying a property also has an emotional aspect to it. If I'm buying a property solely for investment now then OLA is definitely not the right choice.

But more so than monetary terms, waiting around for a few years for the perfect property for my future family may have more potential capital gain but you would lose a few years, and time, my friend, is way more valuable than money to me. You can study trends and cycles but no one can predict the future for sure. For example, who would have predicted these two global disasters going on at the same time right now.

What do you think?

How true.
You can keep waiting and waiting and waiting but not forgetting time is also money.
Not forgetting your loan tenure will become shorter as u aged and u will be priced out soon.
All in all, No need to rush to buy but also no need to keep waiting.
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
I would have considered PG but the layout and the overall estate planning of the PG site was just a no-no for me. Not my preference.

Layout wise I think ola better, location wise I go for PG.
Price wise ola 4 bedder looks good.
 

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2019
Messages
7,573
Reaction score
736
Honestly I prefer staying near waterway park than near hospital.
I also tried walking from PG to Waterway Point mall, walkable lah.
Thus PG for me.

To me location wise PG is better, finishing and overall feel I actually prefer OLA, maybe psychoed by the constant marketing, and that chandelier.
 

birmingham123

Master Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2011
Messages
3,014
Reaction score
77
Lol! I really can imagine that happening.

Anyway funds that were for EC are slowly entering certain counters I was looking at for a long long time. So no EC for some time.

Likely I will go for resale instead few years down.

EC most likely does not require much funds. After u sell your HDB, your profit and CPF will transfer over to pay for the ec anyway, so your on hand funds can still use to buy stocks. But anyway, I know u are a strong believer of resales, so just go for it. Some people mind resales so bo bian need to go for new launch. But best bet is still bto if still eligible and can wait for good queue number
 

ryuxdragonx

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
961
Reaction score
0
EC most likely does not require much funds. After u sell your HDB, your profit and CPF will transfer over to pay for the ec anyway, so your on hand funds can still use to buy stocks. But anyway, I know u are a strong believer of resales, so just go for it. Some people mind resales so bo bian need to go for new launch. But best bet is still bto if still eligible and can wait for good queue number

One of the biggest barriers for an EC is 30% MSR, and judging by the current prices of EC (crossing $1m), there might be a lot of people who are unable to take enough loan but not enough cash to meet the balance payment.
 

A11Glory2H1M

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2018
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
One of the biggest barriers for an EC is 30% MSR, and judging by the current prices of EC (crossing $1m), there might be a lot of people who are unable to take enough loan but not enough cash to meet the balance payment.

if my loan is not enough to cover a $1.3 million under dps. Can I still use my cpf first to cover down payment? I have existing Hdb flat.

Being next to hospital I m not so keen but I may consider if the price and level suits my budget. Yet I m reluctant to pay $45K levy and prefer to consider a PC instead in 3 years time.
 

Zetrio2006

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2017
Messages
3,028
Reaction score
225
if my loan is not enough to cover a $1.3 million under dps. Can I still use my cpf first to cover down payment? I have existing Hdb flat.

Being next to hospital I m not so keen but I may consider if the price and level suits my budget. Yet I m reluctant to pay $45K levy and prefer to consider a PC instead in 3 years time.

5% of purchase price must be in cash.
20% CPF or Cash
75% Loan

If Loan of 75% not met, then you can use CPF/Cash to cover. However, make sure that the earlier part are also covered.
 
Joined
Jun 6, 2019
Messages
2,557
Reaction score
318
Which location is better? PG or OLA?
I think if not for current market conditions OLA would have launched similar to PG.

Well, we will find out the actual pricing today.. those publish are " from " kinda pricing, meaning the cheapest unit and maybe oni 1-2 units at that kind of price and facing the hospital.. those inward facing generally are more expensive..
 
Joined
Jun 6, 2019
Messages
2,557
Reaction score
318
To me location wise PG is better, finishing and overall feel I actually prefer OLA, maybe psychoed by the constant marketing, and that chandelier.

lolss.. so the advertisement do work! to me, PG location and future potential is much better …. with the PDD / Cross Island Line coming, more room for appreciation.. layout wise I like the Ola 4bedroom especially the kitchen with the island top inside the wet kitchen..
 

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2019
Messages
7,573
Reaction score
736
lolss.. so the advertisement do work! to me, PG location and future potential is much better …. with the PDD / Cross Island Line coming, more room for appreciation.. layout wise I like the Ola 4bedroom especially the kitchen with the island top inside the wet kitchen..

The advertisement work, but that timing for its launch is quite poorly timed or just luck. The advertisement rolled out for too long, it struck my nerve enough for me to make a visit to the SF about two or three weeks back, and was pretty impressed by the standards it has for an EC. If it was launched two weeks back i am quite sure the response would be better than it being launched this saturday.

Parc Canberra launched at the right time with less fanfare and did really well too.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top