ONEPlus ONE phone

aw1007

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2005
Messages
1,562
Reaction score
237
Hi all, just got my OPO, thanks to MRC!

Very lovely piece of hardware.

One word of advice:

If you have no confidence, please do not take out the back cover!
The chrome metal frame around the screen is actually plastic and really soft.

There's no way you can use your fingernails to take it out as you need a considerable amount of force to pry the cover open section by section.

In the end I had to use a flat metallic object to twist and pry the cover open resulting in a few nicks and dents in the plastic cover and the chrome "metal" frame. Luckily the dents are really small and all at the bottom so not so heart pain.

I may think twice about buying the replacement back covers as I don't think I dare to open the cover again...
Actually,the back casing is kinda quite easy to open,if u started from the SIM tray first.:)
 

MRC

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2002
Messages
6,435
Reaction score
17
Actually,the back casing is kinda quite easy to open,if u started from the SIM tray first.:)

I wait until I get hold of the new design then I play with it. Scared my dumb hands break it then gg already.
 

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
0
Actually,the back casing is kinda quite easy to open,if u started from the SIM tray first.:)

Saw from YouTube, looks really easy but when i start trying i give up for fear of anything cracking LOL.

I wait until I get hold of the new design then I play with it. Scared my dumb hands break it then gg already.

lol bro update WA group hor hehe! Mass opening of back covers during outing LOL. i saw some guy one on OPO forum bezel scratch back crack i scared... :(
 

miyamiya

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2008
Messages
2,204
Reaction score
0
Actually,the back casing is kinda quite easy to open,if u started from the SIM tray first.:)

That's the problem, I started from the usb port. I did try from the sim tray but gave up after I saw the sim tray hole bending as I used some force.

Think when got replacement covers I will attempt again.
 

Skyy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2001
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
135
Check your PM ;)

Thanks! Wow.. the whole draw of this phone is supposed to be it's cheap price thus value for money... but with it's premium pricing, have to reconsider esp since there's no real killer feature that it has which F7 doesn't...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top