Only 5 days & Note 4 already dead! Please help!

hencanz

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2004
Messages
1,784
Reaction score
0
Got my Note 4 last Sunday, so not even a week yet.

Today when using Whatsapp as usual, phone suddenly frozen and all buttons not responding, so took out battery & reboot.

Immediately after that, it froze again. So took out the battery, again, after reboot it froze again.

After that it won't turn back on anymore. Battery was around 90% before phone went dead.

Here's what i've tried to resuscitate the phone but all failed:
- press & hold power button for very long, almost 1 minute
- press & hold both power & home button for almost 1 minute
- press & hold power button + both volume button
- plug in the charger, slide the battery in & out touching the contacts to jumpstart the battery (some ppl used to revive their phones)

Any help will be appreciated. :(


UPDATE:

I was outside without phone just now, so couldn't update this.

Anyway, I went to Samsung after work & I showed them the photo showing the error message i posted above (I never root so I have nothing to hide). The lady went inside & talked to the manager & technician, then she came out & approved the 1 to 1 exchange. I didn't even have to proof anything because they never mention anything about rooting.

I even asked her what does the code mean, why it says "custom" & whether is my firmware official, she said it could be hardware failure.

But since I didn't bring my receipt with me just now, they can only initiate the exchange once I bring the receipt tomorrow. Well, finger's crossed!

For disclaimer, before someone put words in my mouth, I never accuse Red White Mobile of selling rooted or telco set. The root is only released a few days ago, so it wasn't out yet when I bought. Samsung also never mention rooting. As for whether telco set or not, it was just my assumption that I saw M1 apps, but after the factory reset they were gone. So I never explicitly say RWM sell telco set.
 
Last edited:

tootboy

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2007
Messages
1,326
Reaction score
6
Got my Note 4 last Sunday, so not even a week yet.

Today when using Whatsapp as usual, phone suddenly frozen and all buttons not responding, so took out battery & reboot.

Immediately after that, it froze again. So took out the battery, again, after reboot it froze again.

After that it won't turn back on anymore. Battery was around 90% before phone went dead.

Here's what i've tried to resuscitate the phone but all failed:
- press & hold power button for very long, almost 1 minute
- press & hold both power & home button for almost 1 minute
- press & hold power button + both volume button
- plug in the charger, slide the battery in & out touching the contacts to jumpstart the battery (some ppl used to revive their phones)

Any help will be appreciated. :(

Take down to service centre and request for a 1-1 exchange.
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Got my Note 4 last Sunday, so not even a week yet.

Today when using Whatsapp as usual, phone suddenly frozen and all buttons not responding, so took out battery & reboot.

Immediately after that, it froze again. So took out the battery, again, after reboot it froze again.

After that it won't turn back on anymore. Battery was around 90% before phone went dead.

Here's what i've tried to resuscitate the phone but all failed:
- press & hold power button for very long, almost 1 minute
- press & hold both power & home button for almost 1 minute
- press & hold power button + both volume button
- plug in the charger, slide the battery in & out touching the contacts to jumpstart the battery (some ppl used to revive their phones)

Any help will be appreciated. :(

remove the battery and wait for one minute.

try turning it on. if it still doesn't turn on, hold down vol - and power and home button together and force it into download mode.

use kies 3 for software restore. u will lose everything.
 

StationA

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2011
Messages
1,106
Reaction score
201
remove the battery and wait for one minute.

try turning it on. if it still doesn't turn on, hold down vol - and power and home button together and force it into download mode.

use kies 3 for software restore. u will lose everything.
even if you got fixed with this, it's still possible to happen again. for this kind of situation, the correct solution is to goto svc and ask for exchange la. only when you are out of warranty you may try find other solutions...
 

kiroro1986

Banned
Joined
Apr 10, 2008
Messages
5,744
Reaction score
0
Not even 1 week. Means demand for 1 to 1 exchange.. if they try to find excuse n dun change then be aggressive if u need to..
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
even if you got fixed with this, it's still possible to happen again. for this kind of situation, the correct solution is to goto svc and ask for exchange la. only when you are out of warranty you may try find other solutions...

ask for exchange also must wait right? why not try this first then ask for exchange if it happened again..
 

hencanz

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2004
Messages
1,784
Reaction score
0
Thanks everyone!

Anyway, after giving up & leaving it for a while. I tried again by removing the sim card & then reinserting again.

I came back to live. But it was short lived, it kept freezing and the motherboard is super hot, never been this hot since using it.

So I quickly did factory reset. Took me almost 10 freeze/reboot cycle before managed to complete the setup process.

Anyway I notice when it first boot up, it will show the black screen then vibrates twice before showing the sparkling Samsung logo.

It is the latest firmware updated OTA 3 days ago.
 
Last edited:

hencanz

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2004
Messages
1,784
Reaction score
0
Ok, after factory reset, so far its no longer freezing. But if I power on, it will reboot twice after vibrating twice. So there is still an underlying issue.

I try not to drop this to service center 1st cause they will take a few days even if exchange.

I will be overseas next week so I need the phone, I hope this can tide me a few days. :(
 

hencanz

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2004
Messages
1,784
Reaction score
0
remove the battery and wait for one minute.

try turning it on. if it still doesn't turn on, hold down vol - and power and home button together and force it into download mode.

use kies 3 for software restore. u will lose everything.

I have kies software, but i'm using Mac version.

Just now before I did factory reset, I briefly saw the Note 4 screen got error message about "service pack 3" when connected to the kies. After that the screen went off & couldn't be turned on anymore.
 

hencanz

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2004
Messages
1,784
Reaction score
0
even if you got fixed with this, it's still possible to happen again. for this kind of situation, the correct solution is to goto svc and ask for exchange la. only when you are out of warranty you may try find other solutions...

Not even 1 week. Means demand for 1 to 1 exchange.. if they try to find excuse n dun change then be aggressive if u need to..


This is my 1st Samsung, do people managed to get 1 to 1 exchange?

Last time my wife got dead S4 they refused to exchange & only fixed the mobo.
 

kiroro1986

Banned
Joined
Apr 10, 2008
Messages
5,744
Reaction score
0
1st 7 days usually easy to get 1 to 1 exchange... its only people after 7 days wan to go have 1 to 1 abit hard to bargain.

so u should do it too...
 

hencanz

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2004
Messages
1,784
Reaction score
0
Lol, now this appeared. Oh, well. Looks like no choice have to go down Samsung later.

IMG_0030_edit.jpg
 

walkingcorpse

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
6,261
Reaction score
0
Knox warrenty void 0x1 normal meh or custom recovery and rooted. Good luck in exchanging 1 on 1.
 

seller4

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
15,756
Reaction score
41
Did you try to root your phone and brick it? I saw Knox Warranty Void = 0x1 (1)

IMG_0030_edit2_zps726bc329.jpg
 
Last edited:

hencanz

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2004
Messages
1,784
Reaction score
0
Well no! I never even root my phone at all. How is that even possible?

Unless the Red White Mobile sold me a rooted set. I never do anything except OTA update from Samsung.
 

hencanz

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2004
Messages
1,784
Reaction score
0
Like I said in the beginning, I was just using the phone as normal until Whatsapp froze on me.

Then this happened.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top