Opennet installion - share experience please

ideatalk

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2007
Messages
1,595
Reaction score
0
huh? I bought the norm ones found im retail stores.

previously i tried to lay the cable from living to study room but realised that i cant run the cable with the connectors as it required to run along the existing trunking and then thru tight holes. may damage the connectors if force the cable thru tight holes so i bought bare cables then crimp the connectors later. lucky the singtel tech crimped for me free of charge
 

hitmen

Master Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
3,852
Reaction score
35
How to setup ONT when the TP is not even installed? Even after TP is installed there is backend testing on OpenNet side before one can sign-up for Fiber BB.

BTW, there's no need to concern about ONT or RG as this will be handle by the RSP which will liaise with NC. For ST and SH, installation on these 2 devices is done by their own staff whilst M1 will get NC to do it.

simi is RSP?:s11:
 

joshua182

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2008
Messages
6,178
Reaction score
265
Opennet installed the TP in the wrong location in my house. 1 month later and no resolution from them. Piss poor service.
 

ragegoh

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2008
Messages
2,084
Reaction score
5
They even call me to throw leftover by them for them.

Hopefully when its time for ONT to be installed after I sign up, there will be no issues.
 

GlennHebe

Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2013
Messages
171
Reaction score
0
SINGAPORE - OpenNet, the builder of Singapore's fibre broadband network, has been fined a total of $750,000 for not meeting its Universal Service Obligation (USO) and Quality of Service (QoS) standards, said the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA) in a statement today. :s8:
 

ljxdad

Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2008
Messages
367
Reaction score
0
Hi Guys,
Need some advise here...Open net going to install Fibre cable in my place soon. I plan to get a contractor to help lay the fibre cable on my false ceiling to my living room where the TV is.

I notice there is discussion on laying cables to rooms. Is that necessary if I am using wireless? I know wired connection is better then wireless but I can live with wireless without cables running all over my place.

If I plan later to have a extra mio setup box in my rooms, do I need to lay the fibre cable to my rooms?

Sorry dont really understand how fibre cable setup. Need to know more before I engage the contractor what to do.

Thanks.
 

ideatalk

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2007
Messages
1,595
Reaction score
0
Hi Guys,
Need some advise here...Open net going to install Fibre cable in my place soon. I plan to get a contractor to help lay the fibre cable on my false ceiling to my living room where the TV is.

I notice there is discussion on laying cables to rooms. Is that necessary if I am using wireless? I know wired connection is better then wireless but I can live with wireless without cables running all over my place.

If I plan later to have a extra mio setup box in my rooms, do I need to lay the fibre cable to my rooms?

Sorry dont really understand how fibre cable setup. Need to know more before I engage the contractor what to do.

Thanks.

fibre is only from the TP to the ONT. the rest will be by LAN cables
 

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
39,097
Reaction score
13
They recommend, you decide.

Edit:Cabling Inside Your Home
Many of them will choose the easiest for themselves & give all sorts of excuses when you choose a more difficult location. And there are those who clearly know nuts.

My flat is a newer one with patch panel hidden inside the utility closet near the main door. This is common sense but even for someone who doesn't know, even Open Net's website tells you this.

For a set up like mine, best place to install the TP is inside the utility closet 'cos the patch panel is inside, there are 2 power points there and there is a shelve which provides ample space for my ONT and router.

As the closet is right next to the wall beside the main door, there will be no ugly trunking visible. Just a little bit of trunking inside the utility closet which is fine as the closet doors are closed most of the time anyway.

But the guy who came said best place is beside the TV. Open Net website recommends beside the TV and the SCV point only as a second choice. First choice is next to the patch panel especially if there is a power point near the patch panel.

I insisted and the guy lan lan had to follow. Sometimes you need to do a bit of research so you don't get smoked.
 

ideatalk

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2007
Messages
1,595
Reaction score
0
Many of them will choose the easiest for themselves & give all sorts of excuses when you choose a more difficult location. And there are those who clearly know nuts.

My flat is a newer one with patch panel hidden inside the utility closet near the main door. This is common sense but even for someone who doesn't know, even Open Net's website tells you this.

For a set up like mine, best place to install the TP is inside the utility closet 'cos the patch panel is inside, there are 2 power points there and there is a shelve which provides ample space for my ONT and router.

As the closet is right next to the wall beside the main door, there will be no ugly trunking visible. Just a little bit of trunking inside the utility closet which is fine as the closet doors are closed most of the time anyway.

But the guy who came said best place is beside the TV. Open Net website recommends beside the TV and the SCV point only as a second choice. First choice is next to the patch panel especially if there is a power point near the patch panel.

I insisted and the guy lan lan had to follow. Sometimes you need to do a bit of research so you don't get smoked.

the utility closet is for the newer type of flat.....for the older flat type they will just wack next to the scv cable point-next to the tv power point.
 

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
39,097
Reaction score
13
the utility closet is for the newer type of flat.....for the older flat type they will just wack next to the scv cable point-next to the tv power point.
I know. My point is my flat is the new type and even Open Net website said recommended is in the utility closet but the bangla insist on next to SCV so I told him hell no, inside the bloody closet. Goes to show you some of them don't even know what is the best place.
 

ideatalk

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2007
Messages
1,595
Reaction score
0
I know. My point is my flat is the new type and even Open Net website said recommended is in the utility closet but the bangla insist on next to SCV so I told him hell no, inside the bloody closet. Goes to show you some of them don't even know what is the best place.

maybe on day one at work, they were briefed only one way street. ha!ha!
i think the fibre initial launch was starting from mature estates then to the new estate...thats why they only know the old design lor.
 

GlennHebe

Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2013
Messages
171
Reaction score
0
maybe on day one at work, they were briefed only one way street. ha!ha!
i think the fibre initial launch was starting from mature estates then to the new estate...thats why they only know the old design lor.

Ya correct. Cos the more u tell them the more confused they are. Later more error sure kena fined by opennet. So tell them scv point nia cfm no wrong :s13:
 

ideatalk

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2007
Messages
1,595
Reaction score
0
Hi Guys,
Need some advise here...Open net going to install Fibre cable in my place soon. I plan to get a contractor to help lay the fibre cable on my false ceiling to my living room where the TV is.

I notice there is discussion on laying cables to rooms. Is that necessary if I am using wireless? I know wired connection is better then wireless but I can live with wireless without cables running all over my place.

If I plan later to have a extra mio setup box in my rooms, do I need to lay the fibre cable to my rooms?

Sorry dont really understand how fibre cable setup. Need to know more before I engage the contractor what to do.

Thanks.
hve u got what u need?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top