Need your help. I'm still very blur as to how to place the Opennet TP.
It seems most people place it near the TV? Why? Is it because in future it can connect direct to your TV just like starhub cable tv point?
Or will it not be like MioTV, ie, the TP connects to ONT and then from ONT to router and from router, it can connect to Miotv settop and also other PCs/notebooks? If so then it doesn't have to be near tv right?
The reason I am asking is this. If possible, I prefer not to place it near the tv because it entails running the ugly trunking from my main door along most part of the living room before reaching tv area. still within 15m though.
On the other hand, if I can place the TP near the front door there is an exiting network that can connect to all other parts of the house including the rooms and living room (near tv). I can then also place the ONT and router together here. My worry is whether in future will I be able to watch tv if tv programs are streamed from the tp direct to the tv. Btw, my current singnet router is placed here and it connects via network cables to the miotv setop at the tv there.
Another important question is my existing network which has served starhub cable broadband and singnet broadband in the past, will it become outdated and limit the speed of NGBN?
I gather that the TP connects to the ONT using fibre cable, and then from ONT to router, it is still using RJ45 connector and therefore my existing network can still be used(not sure mine are cat 5 or 5e, because all concealed already?. But I am reading that the router is a wireless one? It does not have ports to connect to a wired network?
if possible, can someone post pictures of the ONT and routers so I can see what are the connectors and ports on them? Or are there online pics of these I can see?
Sorry for the long post, really confused. Hope someone can help clear my doubts.