Page loading delays, missing scroll bar, blank/white screen problems - Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

twinkle07

Banned
Joined
Jun 18, 2008
Messages
165,093
Reaction score
9,315
Enter thread, takes 1 minute before can scroll down read...
I am using adblock.
I think it's because of the overlay ad. Notice it with all the SPH news sites like Straits Times, Zaobao...

FYI... too long a loading time will make people dulan and drive away traffic...
 

badsector

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2001
Messages
6,521
Reaction score
57
using chrome, takes 5-6 sec before my mouse wheel could scroll the page
 

articland05

Honorary Member
Joined
May 2, 2015
Messages
121,149
Reaction score
42,042
click Next Page take 15s before anything comes up. Using Brave browser.
as complaint as mrcubbie, click into a thread does auto go to last read.
 

BuZhiDaoLeh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
8,566
Reaction score
1,344
loading time / lag time a bit too much due to the ads leh.
affecting user experience.

But gotta say, i like the dark mode option and customisation option.
 

Loser

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 7, 2019
Messages
23,874
Reaction score
10,634
Whenever I load new page or refresh current page, the scroll bar is gone and I cannot scroll for a good 4 seconds until the scroll bar comes back...
 

tatsit

High Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
160,938
Reaction score
28,955
I realise the scroll bar gone missing is due to adblock.

something is being blocked, which disabled the scroll bar. then after this ad disappears, the scroll bar returns. I'm trying to figure which ad is it.

Super intrusive ads
 

Loser

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 7, 2019
Messages
23,874
Reaction score
10,634
I realise the scroll bar gone missing is due to adblock.

something is being blocked, which disabled the scroll bar. then after this ad disappears, the scroll bar returns. I'm trying to figure which ad is it.

Super intrusive ads
Please pm me with the solution when you figured it out as I also have the same issue :(
 

jimmyleong

Master Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2006
Messages
3,224
Reaction score
1,393
Not sure why but loading of pages in this forum takes a few seconds.

I have no issue with other websites like Youtube, Facebook, Reddit, Lazada etc
 

orpisia

Emeritus Honorary Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2013
Messages
201,674
Reaction score
23,904
There is no scroll bar on the right side, which usually goes down when I use the mouse wheel to scroll down.

It's not there.
 

tomb

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
32,671
Reaction score
358
i see a blank page if i disable ublock origin. but enabling it removes the scrollbar.
 

Kain999

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2003
Messages
18,265
Reaction score
3,654
If i allow scripts, page must wait for a minute then it can respond, if i block scripts, i cannot post.
 

tigerwoods

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2005
Messages
11,413
Reaction score
2,639
Why the right scrolling bar in Chrome takes 10 seconds to load everytime. Pls fix it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top