Parc Greenwich EC

runforyourlife

Reaction score
Stack 7 has one high floor and one medium floor units bounce out due to hdb rejection, high floor one sold within a few hours...
nowadays ppl pay by loan don't even care if they will lose their job. Just whack only.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Should be jalan kayu, hence thamgam mrt. There is a blue plot at jalan kayu, may be stop there. We see how.
Don't need so much space.
There have been many examples where they squeeze a new underground station under the road.

I think Fernvale LRT good probability, especially with few schools being near too.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Just now I went up the new HDB at 810am that's beside Greenwich, to take a nice bird eye view. I've really nothing better to do I guess.

I went to the 23rd floor, highest floor. The view was really spectacular. I could see all the way to CBD. I took a few pics of the nice views.

But... It was like wow, constant road sounds, and especially loud sounds from certain motorcycles, buses and noisiest of all, rubbish trucks. There was a constant droning sound from the road.

I decided to move to the 11th floor, which is nearer to the 11th floor of Parc Greenwich. Take note the land of this HDB is about 1 floor higher up, that's why it's comparable.

Wow, the noise on the 11th floor is quite bad. The view, while good, is also not as spectacular. Pretty standard.

My conclusion is that the unblocked view was overhyped. It now makes sense why the psf of the road facing units are lower.

CaptainSGP

Reaction score
Just now I went up the new HDB at 810am that's beside Greenwich, to take a nice bird eye view. I've really nothing better to do I guess.

I went to the 23rd floor, highest floor. The view was really spectacular. I could see all the way to CBD. I took a few pics of the nice views.

But... It was like wow, constant road sounds, and especially loud sounds from certain motorcycles, buses and noisiest of all, rubbish trucks. There was a constant droning sound from the road.

I decided to move to the 11th floor, which is nearer to the 11th floor of Parc Greenwich. Take note the land of this HDB is about 1 floor higher up, that's why it's comparable.

Wow, the noise on the 11th floor is quite bad. The view, while good, is also not as spectacular. Pretty standard.

My conclusion is that the unblocked view was overhyped. It now makes sense why the psf of the road facing units are lower.
Which level is noisier ? 23rd floor or 11th floor ? Is the level 23 worth it in your opinion - noise vs views

JiangWei

Reaction score
Don't need so much space.
There have been many examples where they squeeze a new underground station under the road.

I think Fernvale LRT good probability, especially with few schools being near too.
Possible for mrt to be build opposite topiary reserve site? Just speculating.

bujingyun82

Reaction score
Which level is noisier ? 23rd floor or 11th floor ? Is the level 23 worth it in your opinion - noise vs views

higher floors the noise sound more distant, but the echoes last longer. Lower floors the noise sound nearer and shorter. Generally, lower floors the noise slightly more bearable. But also really depend on individuals’ tolerance

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
11th floor much noiser. 23rd floor, I think maybe if closed windows then should be quite quiet. But that defeats the purpose of the view which was quite spectacular.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Possible for mrt to be build opposite topiary reserve site? Just speculating.
My thinking is quite unlikely. I based my thinking on what I think a city planner would think, and not based on available sites.

Nearer to the Seletar mall Fernvale LRT site, there are a few advantages.
(1) Near to schools. It can serve Fernvale Primary, Sengkang Green Primary and Pei Hwa Secondary

(2) Many amenities. Seletar Mall as well as the new PA building.

(3) Potential integration with Fernvale LRT, the furthest LRT station along the LRT line from Sengkang MRT.

(4) In the midst of HDBs. Landed and Condo residents mostly have cars, so unless there is no choice, serving the HDB residents would make more sense.

Pure speculation though. We will know in 2024 I guess.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.