Please recommend notebook/ultrabook for home usage

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2011
Messages
17,194
Reaction score
1,010
your good specs might differ from others.

to me a good specs does not require a GPU for my preference.
to others a class 1 GPU is necessary to be considered good specs

Which notebook u are referring to at Audio House fair that has good specs and below $1k. My good specs meant at least a I7 3630QM processor running on windows 8 with 8Gb 1600Mhz RAM. 15.6" LCD. That is all I required. Please share and recommend me.
 
Last edited:

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Which notebook u are referring to at Audio House fair that has good specs and below $1k. My good specs meant at least a I7 3630QM processor running on windows 8 with 8Gb 1600Mhz RAM. 15.6" LCD. That is all I required. Please share and recommend me.

Wtf talking you? SIMI AUDIO HOUSE?

Honestly, you are totally talking without any sense.
 

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2011
Messages
17,194
Reaction score
1,010
dude.... I have an asus netbook at home running win xp home, compaq laptop with win vista home and an asus 1215b and asus ul30 both running win 7 home 64bit.

no matter what... win xp STILL boots up fastest...

I'm not sure what kinda bull your friend is trying to say...

and judging from the Audio house fair this weekend. there are win8 laptops with good specs which are sub $1k

Which brand and model are u referring to as good specs and below $1k? My good specs is at least I7 3630QM processor, 8Gb 1600Mhz RAM and 15.6" LCD. Please recommend me. I am trying to find one below $1k with such specs.
 
Last edited:

dawnknight

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2003
Messages
701
Reaction score
0
for light usage, can consider saving $ by buying from those WTS. can get for a few hundred bucks

avoid first gen i7 quadcore, those have high idle temps
2nd gen i7 quadcore is ok
if no need quadcore then go for i5

so something like i5, 14", 4gb ram, even integrated graphics card is good enuf.
 

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2011
Messages
17,194
Reaction score
1,010
for light usage, can consider saving $ by buying from those WTS. can get for a few hundred bucks

avoid first gen i7 quadcore, those have high idle temps
2nd gen i7 quadcore is ok
if no need quadcore then go for i5

so something like i5, 14", 4gb ram, even integrated graphics card is good enuf.

What is WTS?
 

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2011
Messages
17,194
Reaction score
1,010
for light usage, can consider saving $ by buying from those WTS. can get for a few hundred bucks

avoid first gen i7 quadcore, those have high idle temps
2nd gen i7 quadcore is ok
if no need quadcore then go for i5

so something like i5, 14", 4gb ram, even integrated graphics card is good enuf.

I just sold away my i5 notebook windows 7 4Gb RAM so I am upgrading to at least a i7 3630QM with 8Gb 1600Mhz RAM so I am looking for new one for sure.
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
I just sold away my i5 notebook windows 7 4Gb RAM so I am upgrading to at least a i7 3630QM with 8Gb 1600Mhz RAM so I am looking for new one for sure.

i notice that a number of post you used Gb instead of GB.

there is a diff between the "b"

8Gb = 8Gigabit. You sure you wanted this as memory?
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
I just sold away my i5 notebook windows 7 4Gb RAM so I am upgrading to at least a i7 3630QM with 8Gb 1600Mhz RAM so I am looking for new one for sure.

for gaming??? you,can try aftershock...can customize your gaming laptop according to your needs,and wont have those.bloated software.
 

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2011
Messages
17,194
Reaction score
1,010
I7 3630QM speed is same same as 4th generation I7 4700HQ. Same 4 cores 8 threads. I have the habit of using Gb but actually of course I meant GB.
 

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2011
Messages
17,194
Reaction score
1,010
in computing world, those B are different.

I know. I am now waiting for ASUS A55 price (U.P. $1,199) to drop to $999 during Comex Show as this model is near EOL and new replacement model is coming very soon. I want to take up MyRepublic next year and use their teleport service to watch hulu and other channels.
 
Last edited:

Hoshino84

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2010
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
Hi, Im looking for a ultrabook and my usage is mainly for watching videos/movies and surfing the web. Budget is below $1,000.

Please kindly recommend me a few brand/models.

Thanks for the help!
 

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2011
Messages
17,194
Reaction score
1,010
Hi, Im looking for a ultrabook and my usage is mainly for watching videos/movies and surfing the web. Budget is below $1,000.

Please kindly recommend me a few brand/models.

Thanks for the help!

Same as me. I called to ask, ASUS A45 14" LCD Challenger funan, selling $1,099. Comex show price should drop.
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
Same as me. I called to ask, ASUS A45 14" LCD Challenger funan, selling $1,099. Comex show price should drop.

why you keep pushing mainly Asus lappies? :s22:

Hoshino84, you check out the following models.
Since your usage is very basic, Win 7 OS is good enough as well. You can also consider some Year 2012 models.
(My recommendations are mostly ultraportables and low-end ultrabooks)

Lenovo U300/U400/U500
Lenovo Thinkpad X100/X130
Lenovo Edge E430
Acer Aspire V3/V4/V5
Asus S400
Asus UL series
Asus Lamborghini series
MSI X340 / CX series
Dell Inspiron 14z / 15 (look at 2012 models)
 

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2011
Messages
17,194
Reaction score
1,010
why you keep pushing mainly Asus lappies? :s22:

Hoshino84, you check out the following models.
Since your usage is very basic, Win 7 OS is good enough as well. You can also consider some Year 2012 models.
(My recommendations are mostly ultraportables and low-end ultrabooks)

Lenovo U300/U400/U500
Lenovo Thinkpad X100/X130
Lenovo Edge E430
Acer Aspire V3/V4/V5
Asus S400
Asus UL series
Asus Lamborghini series
MSI X340 / CX series
Dell Inspiron 14z / 15 (look at 2012 models)

Lenovo is 1 yr warranty and extended warranty is very expensive. I have one too.
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
Lenovo Services - Warranty

there is a reason why certain extended warranty is worth buying... just like apple.protection plan.

dont give wrong feedback just because you need to pay a premium
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top