POSB Cashback Bonus

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,562
Reaction score
3,243
Dont look down on all these. I am squeezing out S4k-$5k monthly from interest and cashbacks! haha,
Wow that is a full-time job salary! Great job can teach so I can throw letter and follow you do full-time?
 

Darwinson

Banned
Joined
Feb 16, 2013
Messages
13,549
Reaction score
953
I don’t mind buy and keep etf every 6 months. should I see the etf in order to qualify for invest category cashback bonus ?
Why do you want to transfer to cdp and incur cost for disposal? You dispose/sell under invest saver is free!
 

RedsYWNA

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2015
Messages
2,193
Reaction score
604
Wow that is a full-time job salary! Great job can teach so I can throw letter and follow you do full-time?
As Pritam would say, just squeezing out blood from stones. Dont think the high interest rates can last for this to be maintained. Haha
 

royalmix

Master Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2016
Messages
4,263
Reaction score
1,267
Wow that is a full-time job salary! Great job can teach so I can throw letter and follow you do full-time?
He is cash rich! I believe you also have if you are asset rich, just add up all your interests in CPF, your endowment returns, your bank interest/cashback, etc. per annum and average per mth! But yours might not be as liquid as his, but are continuing to earn you more interests thru compounding :ROFLMAO:
 

ice_angel

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
1,379
Reaction score
146
I converted my DBS Multiplier to POSB Cashback on 18th Apr. Then I purchased UT transaction on 20 Apr. Credit card transaction on 20 Apr. But till now the ibanking Bank and Earn Summary still show 0 for all the categories, even though it mentions it reflects transaction till 23rd Apr.
Is this normal?
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,303
Reaction score
5,873
I converted my DBS Multiplier to POSB Cashback on 18th Apr. Then I purchased UT transaction on 20 Apr. Credit card transaction on 20 Apr. But till now the ibanking Bank and Earn Summary still show 0 for all the categories, even though it mentions it reflects transaction till 23rd Apr.
Is this normal?
When’s the settlement date of your unit trust transaction? UT might take longer to settle than ETF
 

wenguang

Senior Member
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
921
Reaction score
394
I converted my DBS Multiplier to POSB Cashback on 18th Apr. Then I purchased UT transaction on 20 Apr. Credit card transaction on 20 Apr. But till now the ibanking Bank and Earn Summary still show 0 for all the categories, even though it mentions it reflects transaction till 23rd Apr.
Is this normal?
you need to hit 3 cat, then the value will show. i'm not sure if the very month you convert it is in effect. i remember i convert and do it the following month.
 

ice_angel

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
1,379
Reaction score
146
you need to hit 3 cat, then the value will show. i'm not sure if the very month you convert it is in effect. i remember i convert and do it the following month.
You mean if only hit 2 categories then it won't show for the 2 categories??
:eek:
 

ice_angel

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
1,379
Reaction score
146
When’s the settlement date of your unit trust transaction? UT might take longer to settle than ETF
May I know how to check the settlement date?
I received the email from DBS on the same day of my UT transaction telling me my UT subscription order was successful.
But in iBanking, under 'Investment', I still don't see the newly purchased UT being displayed.
 

ice_angel

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
1,379
Reaction score
146
Wah........ such a lousy implementation.
So if I only have 3 categories and my salary will only be credited at month end, which I believe most companies do, then I will just 'blindly' spend on credit card and make UT purchase during the whole month without knowing whether they will be qualified for the cashback bonus...

DBS multiplier bank and earn did a much better job comparatively..
 

wenguang

Senior Member
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
921
Reaction score
394
Wah........ such a lousy implementation.
So if I only have 3 categories and my salary will only be credited at month end, which I believe most companies do, then I will just 'blindly' spend on credit card and make UT purchase during the whole month without knowing whether they will be qualified for the cashback bonus...

DBS multiplier bank and earn did a much better job comparatively..
because if you only have 2 cat, technically you haven't hit the requirement and cashback is 0. once your salary crediting is consistent in date, the subsequent month should be fine.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,303
Reaction score
5,873
May I know how to check the settlement date?
I received the email from DBS on the same day of my UT transaction telling me my UT subscription order was successful.
But in iBanking, under 'Investment', I still don't see the newly purchased UT being displayed.
Apparently depends on the UT u buy. Go see the product page
 

royalmix

Master Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2016
Messages
4,263
Reaction score
1,267
Wah........ such a lousy implementation.
So if I only have 3 categories and my salary will only be credited at month end, which I believe most companies do, then I will just 'blindly' spend on credit card and make UT purchase during the whole month without knowing whether they will be qualified for the cashback bonus...

DBS multiplier bank and earn did a much better job comparatively..
Worst case your company delay crediting your salary until next mth, everything down the drain, it happened to people with multiplier, esp those "nsman"!
 

ice_angel

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
1,379
Reaction score
146
Worst case your company delay crediting your salary until next mth, everything down the drain, it happened to people with multiplier, esp those "nsman"!
Yeah.. so a bit risky.. I haven't seen my company did that, but may need to take some pre-caution.. Eg. credit spouse salary as well to the joint account.
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,562
Reaction score
3,243
Anyone has tried write in POSB suggest them to increase the maximum cap on each category? We all know due to inflation everything increase and that can include our paycheck too.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top