POSB Cashback Bonus

Sweet Potato

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2021
Messages
16
Reaction score
1
Just bought Savvyendowment 11 thru DBS. Does this purchase qualify for the Insurance category? If yes, should the cash back awarded only for this month or for the next 24 months?
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
Just bought Savvyendowment 11 thru DBS. Does this purchase qualify for the Insurance category? If yes, should the cash back awarded only for this month or for the next 24 months?
When you go to the POSB cashback website there’s a expansion of insurance you can see if it qualifies
 

royalmix

Master Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2016
Messages
4,255
Reaction score
1,261
Just bought Savvyendowment 11 thru DBS. Does this purchase qualify for the Insurance category? If yes, should the cash back awarded only for this month or for the next 24 months?
IF multiplier, it qualifies cos DBS changed the tnc

POSB cashback, NO, read the tnc

Cashback Bonus recognises all Manulife Regular Premium insurance policies distributed by DBS/POSB. No minimum premium amount required.​

 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,551
Reaction score
3,237
Just bought Savvyendowment 11 thru DBS. Does this purchase qualify for the Insurance category? If yes, should the cash back awarded only for this month or for the next 24 months?
Don't think so. This seem to apply for their multiplier though. How I know is my tracker did not move for the insurance category for this month Apr despite I already bought the Savvy Endowment 11.
 

sglandscape

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2023
Messages
6,153
Reaction score
2,973
Don't think so. This seem to apply for their multiplier though. How I know is my tracker did not move for the insurance category for this month Apr despite I already bought the Savvy Endowment 11.
for insurance purchased this month, there is a one month lag before it becomes eligible and show up in the tracker. I think it's because of the free-look period, to make sure people don't game the system
 

Darwinson

Banned
Joined
Feb 16, 2013
Messages
13,549
Reaction score
953
So which bond UT will appear on the ’bank and earn’ page earliest. should it appear before 1st may ?

now I am on the verge of getting a bond UT for cashback purpose
 

wenguang

Senior Member
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
921
Reaction score
394
So which bond UT will appear on the ’bank and earn’ page earliest. should it appear before 1st may ?

now I am on the verge of getting a bond UT for cashback purpose
i checked my cashback statement for last month. I bought nikko am short term bond on 1mar, settlement on 3mar. The cashback statement for the bond is reflected 3mar. consider tomorrow is the last working day of the month, it is quite impossible for the ut to settle in this month
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,551
Reaction score
3,237
i checked my cashback statement for last month. I bought nikko am short term bond on 1mar, settlement on 3mar. The cashback statement for the bond is reflected 3mar. consider tomorrow is the last working day of the month, it is quite impossible for the ut to settle in this month
I thought only when all 3 categories hit already then the tracker then move? How come yours reflected so fast on 3 Mar? You salary credit also at beginning of the month?
 

wenguang

Senior Member
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
921
Reaction score
394
I thought only when all 3 categories hit already then the tracker then move? How come yours reflected so fast on 3 Mar? You salary credit also at beginning of the month?
Tracker moved on 15th when 3 cat hit. If you view the estatement u can see when the cat actually fufill. Even you did not hit 3 cat, the statement will show those cat u hit and when, but less than 3 cat, 0 cashback.
The march statement was posted in april
 

Nofear40

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
1,851
Reaction score
142
Is Dbs multiplier or posb Cashback better?
Posb Cashback seem to be more popular
 

lzydata

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2010
Messages
6,741
Reaction score
3,091
Is Dbs multiplier or posb Cashback better?
Posb Cashback seem to be more popular

Depends on which criteria you can fulfill with your existing arrangements, or doing more like buying their insurance policies or a RSP. DBS Multiplier requires one to maintain the required balance in the account to earn the interest.
 

Imhthc

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2019
Messages
1,294
Reaction score
302
Don't think so. This seem to apply for their multiplier though. How I know is my tracker did not move for the insurance category for this month Apr despite I already bought the Savvy Endowment 11.
Why dun start with you first? Write in to them to tell them to increase the cap.
 

Imhthc

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2019
Messages
1,294
Reaction score
302
Which is better depends on which criteria easy for you to achieve?

different people different circumstances no?
For me I have my mortgage loan with POSB so I achieve $30 with cc spending(some months less than a dollar spent) and salary crediting monthly. Minimum $50. I also bought RSP $1000 (usually bond) per month and change the UT RSP every 12 months. That’s an additional $30. No need to put fund here to earn higher interest for Multiplier and the fund can earn higher interest in other banks. Posb cashback works best for me atm.
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,551
Reaction score
3,237
Why dun start with you first? Write in to them to tell them to increase the cap.
Already write in but one person no power need a lot of readers write in so they take note. Hence I ask in this forum readers on this scheme to also write in flood them with request so they can consider. Me IT developer same only when many ppl request the feature will the marketing and PM decide to build it.
 

royalmix

Master Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2016
Messages
4,255
Reaction score
1,261
Is Dbs multiplier or posb Cashback better?
Posb Cashback seem to be more popular
For me, it is very simple decision, just calculate how much interest you can earn under each programme, the one that gives you more, wins! This requires you to understand how each one works.

With POSB Bonus Cashback, you have to factor in the interest u will earn if you place 100k (or less depending on your funds) in another bank instead of multiplier.
 

Nofear40

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
1,851
Reaction score
142
For me I have my mortgage loan with POSB so I achieve $30 with cc spending(some months less than a dollar spent) and salary crediting monthly. Minimum $50. I also bought RSP $1000 (usually bond) per month and change the UT RSP every 12 months. That’s an additional $30. No need to put fund here to earn higher interest for Multiplier and the fund can earn higher interest in other banks. Posb cashback works best for me atm.
For me, it is very simple decision, just calculate how much interest you can earn under each programme, the one that gives you more, wins! This requires you to understand how each one works.

With POSB Bonus Cashback, you have to factor in the interest u will earn if you place 100k (or less depending on your funds) in another bank instead of multiplier.
Thanks for all your input. I realise that for cashback, I only have the credit card category. My salary credit is with UOB one which gives a good 5%.
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,551
Reaction score
3,237
For me, it is very simple decision, just calculate how much interest you can earn under each programme, the one that gives you more, wins! This requires you to understand how each one works.

With POSB Bonus Cashback, you have to factor in the interest u will earn if you place 100k (or less depending on your funds) in another bank instead of multiplier.
For me the key is becuz my salary credit is with POSB and I don't like multiplier 3K minimum.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top