POSB Cashback Bonus

888888888888

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2017
Messages
773
Reaction score
120
i would prefer investment than insurance unless you genuine want the insurance.
buy $1000 of UT, fee $5, cashback $30, sell the next moment the UT is in the portfolio, lock my profit $25.

Sell only after cashback in, or when UT is in the portfolio?

subscribe fund must be 1 biz day before 15th, or after is ok
 
Last edited:

wenguang

Senior Member
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
921
Reaction score
394
Sell only after cashback in, or when UT is in the portfolio?

subscribe fund must be 1 biz day before 15th, or after is ok
you are buying RSP or lump sum? RSP only deduct on 15th

lump sum any date also can, sell anytime once UT is in.
 

888888888888

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2017
Messages
773
Reaction score
120
Ok thanks. So I guess can choose the date I subscribe, to be eligible for POSB cbk bonus. but following every mth not just one lump sum.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867

Darwinson

Banned
Joined
Feb 16, 2013
Messages
13,549
Reaction score
953
Hi All, I tried to convert from multiplier to this cashback bonus account (following instructions from https://www.posb.com.sg/iwov-resources/media/pdf/deposits/cashback-bonus-faq.pdf) and keep hitting error 900, service is unavailable. DBS Helpdesk said wait for their tech to check.. gg

Anyone managed to convert? If so, can share the exact step-by-step ?

Many thanks
Hi I just did recently without any issue.

I converted multiplier to myaccount first keeping the same account number. And then enrolled in posb cashback bonus scheme
 

Uacesg

Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2020
Messages
192
Reaction score
16
Hi I just did recently without any issue.

I converted multiplier to myaccount first keeping the same account number. And then enrolled in posb cashback bonus scheme
So it's a 2-step process? opt-out from multiplier first then opt-in to posb cashback bonus? What I did is go straight to opt-in to post cashback bonus..

And if it's a 2-step process, after opt-out from multiplier to become myaccount, is it instant or need to wait few days?
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
So it's a 2-step process? opt-out from multiplier first then opt-in to posb cashback bonus? What I did is go straight to opt-in to post cashback bonus..

And if it's a 2-step process, after opt-out from multiplier to become myaccount, is it instant or need to wait few days?
yes 2 step. Should be instant on working day
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,553
Reaction score
3,238
Hi All, I tried to convert from multiplier to this cashback bonus account (following instructions from https://www.posb.com.sg/iwov-resources/media/pdf/deposits/cashback-bonus-faq.pdf) and keep hitting error 900, service is unavailable. DBS Helpdesk said wait for their tech to check.. gg

Anyone managed to convert? If so, can share the exact step-by-step ?

Many thanks
Only recently we have that "famous" issue so now basically any dbs,posb services just pray it work later. I opt for a joint my account in 18 Mar 2023 to get the popular membership free 1 year also never give. Call in yesterday 13 May 20223 then immediately send email with promo code. Try then say promo code expired. For $8 dun wanna argue as my salary credit with them. Swallow grievances and move on. 好汉不吃眼前亏,

Posb,DBS nowadays are a far cry from what they used to be back 20+ years when I start work. It is rotting inside somehow IMHO.
 

Darwinson

Banned
Joined
Feb 16, 2013
Messages
13,549
Reaction score
953
So UT purchase reflects as $995. Should I next time buy for $1009/$1006 ?


they why posb spam my post box with a useless letter. How can I ask posb not to send me any physical notification in my post box. so annoying and wasteful.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
So UT purchase reflects as $995. Should I next time buy for $1009/$1006 ?


they why posb spam my post box with a useless letter. How can I ask posb not to send me any physical notification in my post box. so annoying and wasteful.
Because they take into account the fee. So depending on what you are after, just backwards derive what you want to buy.

you go check under the statement delivery whether can change to electronic version or not
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,553
Reaction score
3,238
So UT purchase reflects as $995. Should I next time buy for $1009/$1006 ?


they why posb spam my post box with a useless letter. How can I ask posb not to send me any physical notification in my post box. so annoying and wasteful.
The UT got sales charge so most likely yours is $5. Hence you see it reflected as $995 instead of $1000. This mean for investment category you hit the max liao no need buy more than $1000
 

Darwinson

Banned
Joined
Feb 16, 2013
Messages
13,549
Reaction score
953
Because they take into account the fee. So depending on what you are after, just backwards derive what you want to buy.

you go check under the statement delivery whether can change to electronic version or not
Under ibanking app got ‘update particulars’ option at the bottom. But it’s explicitly say that I opt out of paper notifications.

or unticked boxes against the categories I opt out of billing to my physical address ?
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
Under ibanking app got ‘update particulars’ option at the bottom. But it’s explicitly say that I opt out of paper notifications.

or unticked boxes against the categories I opt out of billing to my physical address ?
Sometimes certain things still can’t be opted out.

like they still send for application of t-bill ssb etc
 

ValerieLah

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2012
Messages
5,928
Reaction score
195
First time fulfilling the investment criteria, I bought 1k worth of a UT and the money is gone from my debit account. However got no transaction showing or no UT in my portfolio or anything like that.. is this normal? Have to wait a few days isit?
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
First time fulfilling the investment criteria, I bought 1k worth of a UT and the money is gone from my debit account. However got no transaction showing or no UT in my portfolio or anything like that.. is this normal? Have to wait a few days isit?
Settlement takes a few days
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,553
Reaction score
3,238
First time fulfilling the investment criteria, I bought 1k worth of a UT and the money is gone from my debit account. However got no transaction showing or no UT in my portfolio or anything like that.. is this normal? Have to wait a few days isit?
Yes please wait a few days. Understand 1k is big monies to some ppl but please be assured they won't eat your monies. You got screen-shot the last screen to prove got buy in case dispute will do liao.

As for the Bank & Earn Summary the tracker only start moving when at least 3 categories are hit. I let wenguang come in add more details as he is the old bird in this scheme super experienced.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top