Question about Malacca

kira106

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am thinking of renting a car from JB to drive up to Melacca. I am wondering if it's worth it. Is Grab readily available there?

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am thinking of renting a car from JB to drive up to Melacca. I am wondering if it's worth it. Is Grab readily available there?

Grab is very convenient and cheap. I have taken Luxury Coach recently, very good. 7:30am depart, reach Melaka at 12pm.

funky05

Reaction score

Rent a car from jb and drive.. then u can explore the kampung side makan of melaka.. avocado shake and mango shakes.. nice..

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Rent a car from jb and drive.. then u can explore the kampung side makan of melaka.. avocado shake and mango shakes.. nice..

To explore rural Malacca, rent a car there. Do you like to explore the highway between JB and Malacca?

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To explore rural Malacca, rent a car there. Do you like to explore the highway between JB and Malacca?

Some ppl think that driving from sg to Melaka is very easy :D

Take note: Melaka road very narrow and many one way traffic, so traffic at certain area very jam.
And those who take grab, evening time price will surge and waiting time will be longer.

Last edited:

sunsetbay

Reaction score
driving at malacca not difficult, if can survive at JB traffic then shldn't be a prob~ finding parking lot also not as bad as penang or ipoh~ if intend to go jonker street then better take grab~

drive from jb to malacca, can visit batu pahat chong long gong temple then head to Muar if you hv extra time to spend, else just drive nshw straight~ :s22:

megaweb

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My family visited Malacca last year. It was very hot during the day. Surrounding kind of run down.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My family visited Malacca last year. It was very hot during the day. Surrounding kind of run down.

Weather similar to sg. They preserve a lot of old building that why listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

funky05

Reaction score

Why not ? I remember someone posting that he exit at Jasin and took the normal road down to melaka. He had great sighting view pictures.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Why not ? I remember someone posting that he exit at Jasin and took the normal road down to melaka. He had great sighting view pictures.

Sure you can. I have done this a few times. Just that the 3-4 hour drive along PLUS between Singapore and Malacca each way is quite boring, I have taken every variation possible, like taking the Jasin, Tangkak, Muar and even Alor Gajah exits. Each option adds time to the journey. I have also driven from Malacca to Jasin and Muar. To avoid having to drive the 3-4 hours on PLUS, you can do just that. Malacca-Muar is only an hour.

chase79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dont knw should cancel my trip to malacca due to the covid 19 ? Hotel cant be cancel

roxy2018

Reaction score
Dont knw should cancel my trip to malacca due to the covid 19 ? Hotel cant be cancel
cancel. cos if u get covid19 symptoms, u must be treated immediately. else in 5 days x u get pneumonia and in 6 days x , ur in ICU breathing thru a ventilator.

also, Msia health infrasture may not be as advance, well equipped or sufficient unlike Spore.

if die, die must go Malacca, make sure yr travel insurance cover ambulance trip back to SG

roxy2018

Reaction score
16,000 virus carriers are on the loose in Malaysia and u still want to holiday there with your elderly and small children. PCK said Use yr brain, Use yr brain!

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hotel if you book thru agoda, within a period you can refund, after that period is 50% then can't refund. Check your booking confirmation.

Now not much cruise stop at melaka, so less tourist, so should be fine. For me, I will go. Just wear mask when you are in a crowd area.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.