[Recommend] Good Mechanical Keyboard

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
KB can get from aliexpress, taobao, lazada and shopee.

For more DIY option, can visit Mecha, Qwertyqop, ilumkb etc.
 

CrispyPeddler

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
1,829
Reaction score
7
Anyone bought keychron keyboard from maskedstudio before? Seems to be far lower prices compare with all available option

Edit: just hooted keychron q3 max for $265..not sure it's over ex for first timer custom keyboard
 
Last edited:

RyanJ

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2015
Messages
71,723
Reaction score
70,464
Using a Durgod Fusion on my home desktop for some time. Cherry Silent Red.

53616853312_b59a98defa_b.jpg
 

sp0inK

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
1,262
Reaction score
33
is it bad to constantly use wireless keyboard in wired mode? (ie battery constantly being charged to full) ? any long term effects that would cause battery damage/swelling etc?
 

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
29,027
Reaction score
8,286
is it bad to constantly use wireless keyboard in wired mode? (ie battery constantly being charged to full) ? any long term effects that would cause battery damage/swelling etc?

Well, if you get a device with a built-in battery, make sure you can replace it when you need it. I know some devices that glue the battery and make it impossible to remove.
 

poooooo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 17, 2012
Messages
12,905
Reaction score
3,390
Leobog Hi75 is the cheapest Kb I've ever owned (219 RMB barebone kit), but the quality is exceptional for its price.
Don't even need to waste time modding for it to sound good for an aluminum keyboard.

edit: only mod I did was replaced the ugly stock red knob.
9UIYw0K.jpeg
 

xtractor

Master Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
4,672
Reaction score
977
Anyone bought keychron keyboard from maskedstudio before? Seems to be far lower prices compare with all available option

Edit: just hooted keychron q3 max for $265..not sure it's over ex for first timer custom keyboard
I used a Keychron K8 Pro. When the keyboard still under warranty I went to their website to find out how to RMA the keyboard because it wouldn't turn on out of no reason. They didn't even care to answer my messages, and their tech support didn't exist until I attempted a number of fixes, at which point the KB started operating again out of sudden

and then 3 month after the warranty end the keyboard keep typing on its own.I have only had the keyboard for over a year and 3 month.....they dont even have sell any board to replace the faulty one
Once spoiled, toss it away. It will be the first and the last time ever use again their keyboard

I use an RK keyboard since I don't want to spend a lot of money on custom keyboards, as proof Keychron's support is quite poor.
 
Last edited:

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
29,027
Reaction score
8,286
I used a Keychron K8 Pro. When the keyboard still under warranty I went to their website to find out how to RMA the keyboard because it wouldn't turn on out of no reason. They didn't even care to answer my messages, and their tech support didn't exist until I attempted a number of fixes, at which point the KB started operating again out of sudden

and then 3 month after the warranty end the keyboard keep typing on its own.I have only had the keyboard for over a year and 3 month.....they dont even have sell any board to replace the faulty one
Once spoiled, toss it away. It will be the first and the last time ever use again their keyboard

I use an RK keyboard since I don't want to spend a lot of money on custom keyboards, as proof Keychron's support is quite poor.

When I buy a piece of electronics, I ensure that the company I buy from is an electronics manufacturer.

A lot of hobbyist brands can't even get the fundamentals nailed down, and I am not just talking about keyboards here, haha.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
Nowadays buy KB go taobao liao. Cheaper and make more sense than buying from shopee/lazada. Else join PO from places like Mecha, qwertyqop, ilumkb, landingpad etc.

My anne pro, filco, gmmk all rotting one corner now. Maybe i should give them away for free.
 

hyperfuse

Master Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2019
Messages
4,380
Reaction score
1,848
Nowadays buy KB go taobao liao. Cheaper and make more sense than buying from shopee/lazada. Else join PO from places like Mecha, qwertyqop, ilumkb, landingpad etc.

My anne pro, filco, gmmk all rotting one corner now. Maybe i should give them away for free.
donate to me la bro ;)
 

naked123

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2010
Messages
7,654
Reaction score
1,011
I used a Keychron K8 Pro. When the keyboard still under warranty I went to their website to find out how to RMA the keyboard because it wouldn't turn on out of no reason. They didn't even care to answer my messages, and their tech support didn't exist until I attempted a number of fixes, at which point the KB started operating again out of sudden

and then 3 month after the warranty end the keyboard keep typing on its own.I have only had the keyboard for over a year and 3 month.....they dont even have sell any board to replace the faulty one
Once spoiled, toss it away. It will be the first and the last time ever use again their keyboard

I use an RK keyboard since I don't want to spend a lot of money on custom keyboards, as proof Keychron's support is quite poor.

i nearly bought a K5/K10 as i saw plenty of users after googling having issues with them dying out of nowhere or having double presses....
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top