[Recommend] Good Mechanical Keyboard

SerSiTiv

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
7,738
Reaction score
52
icic the one u mention with nicer keycaps, basically is the one with model name

MU01 Autumn​

the other one with piano switches is the model name,

MU01 Mountain Seclusion​


So i guess i just order on Akko site directly since if i want the one with piano switches, its cheaper at $145.

anyway that TTC keycaps is the black/brown. but somehow i prefer the akko piano switches keycaps. anyway i not sure how the TTC one sounds. nv even used both before, but i quite like the sound of the piano switches that are reviewed by that youtuber.

The sound will be different depending on the case, I kind of found the sound to be rather muted due to it being wood. But if you like the sound that was shown by Lewis, then you can just go with the piano. But do note that the sound from the videos will differ from that in real life.

Go with whatever you fancy. I'm more for the simplistic style with less artefacts in the design. I swapped out the keycaps of the Rainy 75 cause I did not really like it.

The original looks like this.

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 3.32.37 PM.jpg
 

SerSiTiv

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
7,738
Reaction score
52
btw on your purchase link in TB, are these keyboards ready to ship or still in a preorder?
Ready to ship, in fact Akko sold out of the one with TTC switches.

There are many other switches to consider, depending on the sound signature you are looking for.
 

hyperfuse

Master Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2019
Messages
4,380
Reaction score
1,848
Ready to ship, in fact Akko sold out of the one with TTC switches.

There are many other switches to consider, depending on the sound signature you are looking for.
yea i am more to the thocky feel.

currently using a keychron q3 and i self modded with pe foam and the usual. But my current keyboard sometimes my laptop detected as usb issue whenever laptop boots up in the morning, need to plug out cable and plug back and it worked again. havent test whether its the usb cable issue by swapping with another.

then happen to saw this wood mu01 keyboard, thought it sounds nice out of the box. i abit lazy to do modding again so want to have a prebuilt thocky keyboard and straight use it instead of going through the modding process.

What is your recommendations? I actually prefer TKL or 75 percent because i do use f1 to f10 keys, but since the akko mu01 is 68 key, i have to just the FN keys for my f1 to f10 buttons.
 

SerSiTiv

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
7,738
Reaction score
52
yea i am more to the thocky feel.

currently using a keychron q3 and i self modded with pe foam and the usual. But my current keyboard sometimes my laptop detected as usb issue whenever laptop boots up in the morning, need to plug out cable and plug back and it worked again. havent test whether its the usb cable issue by swapping with another.

then happen to saw this wood mu01 keyboard, thought it sounds nice out of the box. i abit lazy to do modding again so want to have a prebuilt thocky keyboard and straight use it instead of going through the modding process.

What is your recommendations? I actually prefer TKL or 75 percent because i do use f1 to f10 keys, but since the akko mu01 is 68 key, i have to just the FN keys for my f1 to f10 buttons.
There is a TKL by WOB - makers of Rainy 75, which is super thock out of the box, I would assume the tuning to be similar since they are from the same company.

The Crush80 launches tonight at 8pm but FFF, so need to compete with China for the stock, similar to Rainy 75, initial batches all very hard to get off TB, unless you very fast.

If you want thock, you can go check out the Rainy 75, I only know Ktechs have it on display, you can check with Pantheon and Mecha if they have an open unit for testing.

But end of the day, if you are going for looks, choose the one you like and are willing to keep and maintain.

Price wise, base model of the Rainy runs for about $135 in Singapore, the heavier ones are more expensive due to the stainless steel weight.
 

hyperfuse

Master Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2019
Messages
4,380
Reaction score
1,848
There is a TKL by WOB - makers of Rainy 75, which is super thock out of the box, I would assume the tuning to be similar since they are from the same company.

The Crush80 launches tonight at 8pm but FFF, so need to compete with China for the stock, similar to Rainy 75, initial batches all very hard to get off TB, unless you very fast.

If you want thock, you can go check out the Rainy 75, I only know Ktechs have it on display, you can check with Pantheon and Mecha if they have an open unit for testing.

But end of the day, if you are going for looks, choose the one you like and are willing to keep and maintain.

Price wise, base model of the Rainy runs for about $135 in Singapore, the heavier ones are more expensive due to the stainless steel weight.
Okay definitely dont wanna go to that extend, for sure cant get it since i dont even know how to use taobao.

What about Aula 75? saw out of the box in youtube reviews that sounds not bad. super cheap haha.. plastic base.

i might just search in carousel for those custom builders who already mod keyboards and sell haha.. got no time to mod myself, buying prebuilt got chance that it might sound very high pitch clicky sound and bad stabilisers.
 
Last edited:

SerSiTiv

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
7,738
Reaction score
52
Okay definitely dont wanna go to that extend, for sure cant get it since i dont even know how to use taobao.

What about Aula 75? saw out of the box in youtube reviews that sounds not bad. super cheap haha.. plastic base.

i might just search in carousel for those custom builders who already mod keyboards and sell haha.. got no time to mod myself, buying prebuilt got chance that it might sound very high pitch clicky sound and bad stabilisers.

Personally I do not really like injection moulded plastic cases, they tend to sound a bit plasticky and light I got the first keychron which I tape modded but I could not do much to it. So I prefer to get something with some weight making it sound more solid. It's like striking solid wood vs corrugated board, there is that difference.

There is an upcoming drop for a 75%, the bridge 75 which Qwertypop will be carrying in stock soon. Youc an check it out, you can search their site for bridge, and it will show the listing. Price seem to start form $111 to 144 (depends on your configuration and the materials).

Weight option is fixed according to variant
  • Bridge75: Brushed Stainless Steel
  • Bridge75 PLUS: Burhsed Stainless Steel & Glossy Trim
  • Bridge75 HE: Brushed Brass & Glossy Trim
I think brass is heavier if I'm not wrong, but they are really pretty boards, cause quite clean looking.
 

hyperfuse

Master Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2019
Messages
4,380
Reaction score
1,848
Personally I do not really like injection moulded plastic cases, they tend to sound a bit plasticky and light I got the first keychron which I tape modded but I could not do much to it. So I prefer to get something with some weight making it sound more solid. It's like striking solid wood vs corrugated board, there is that difference.

There is an upcoming drop for a 75%, the bridge 75 which Qwertypop will be carrying in stock soon. Youc an check it out, you can search their site for bridge, and it will show the listing. Price seem to start form $111 to 144 (depends on your configuration and the materials).

Weight option is fixed according to variant
  • Bridge75: Brushed Stainless Steel
  • Bridge75 PLUS: Burhsed Stainless Steel & Glossy Trim
  • Bridge75 HE: Brushed Brass & Glossy Trim
I think brass is heavier if I'm not wrong, but they are really pretty boards, cause quite clean looking.
yea just saw it.

guess the princess switches will make it sound a little more thockier than the magnetic switches.

Not sure whether the hype for magnetic switches is real, as in, whether it really help gamers or not. i dont seem to buy the hype haha... i can type fast as well on a normal mechanical keyboard.

Anyway seems like those hall effect or magnetic switches, dont really sound that nice.
 

poooooo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 17, 2012
Messages
12,905
Reaction score
3,390
I am looking at the MG108 barebone kit in white but it is OOS in shopee/lazada. Any other similar barebone kit in that price range to recommend?

I would need the number pad as my job requires me to deal with numbers.
Try checking out Monsgeek official site and see if the price is comparable to local shopee/ lazada including shipping.

Not really sure about other barebone kit for 108 layout, that time when I was looking for one, choices were limited.
I'm using akko 3098b for my work kb, doesn't come with barebone kit afaik. If your preference is tactile switch can consider the version that comes with cream blue switches. Price should be higher than Monsgeek.
 

SerSiTiv

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
7,738
Reaction score
52
I am looking at the MG108 barebone kit in white but it is OOS in shopee/lazada. Any other similar barebone kit in that price range to recommend?

I would need the number pad as my job requires me to deal with numbers.
I never tried this one out cause I don't use full size boards, but this would quite interesting, you can search for Monka 6102. I found it on TB with free ship, so it's ahout $60ish after GST (bardbones). If you want can try out Akko switches, but you need a lot of them switches cause of the board size. You can also grab some OEM keycaps for your build.
 

SerSiTiv

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
7,738
Reaction score
52
icic the one u mention with nicer keycaps, basically is the one with model name

MU01 Autumn​

the other one with piano switches is the model name,

MU01 Mountain Seclusion​


So i guess i just order on Akko site directly since if i want the one with piano switches, its cheaper at $145.

anyway that TTC keycaps is the black/brown. but somehow i prefer the akko piano switches keycaps. anyway i not sure how the TTC one sounds. nv even used both before, but i quite like the sound of the piano switches that are reviewed by that youtuber.
Check TB today the Monsgeek store for the autumn board it is 130 after air ship to sg
 

hyperfuse

Master Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2019
Messages
4,380
Reaction score
1,848
Check TB today the Monsgeek store for the autumn board it is 130 after air ship to sg
haha i cant even check,. need create tb account first. i shall try to create.

try creating tb account...enter my mobile number...verification code also didnt rcv haha.. damn
 

SerSiTiv

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
7,738
Reaction score
52
haha i cant even check,. need create tb account first. i shall try to create.

try creating tb account...enter my mobile number...verification code also didnt rcv haha.. damn
Wah this one I dunno how to help you hahaha.
 

cesc88

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2009
Messages
526
Reaction score
80
Try checking out Monsgeek official site and see if the price is comparable to local shopee/ lazada including shipping.

Not really sure about other barebone kit for 108 layout, that time when I was looking for one, choices were limited.
I'm using akko 3098b for my work kb, doesn't come with barebone kit afaik. If your preference is tactile switch can consider the version that comes with cream blue switches. Price should be higher than Monsgeek.

I never tried this one out cause I don't use full size boards, but this would quite interesting, you can search for Monka 6102. I found it on TB with free ship, so it's ahout $60ish after GST (bardbones). If you want can try out Akko switches, but you need a lot of them switches cause of the board size. You can also grab some OEM keycaps for your build.

Thanks for the reply!

Monsgeek official site is OOS too.

Yea there is lack of choices for barebone kit for 108 layout.

I found this by Cxtech on shopee. Seems to be better than the Monsgeek one based on specifications (but $20 more ex). For eg, it comes with a 3000mAh batt (vs 600mAh) and RGB (I don't care about RGB tho. passed that bling bling stage haha). Anyone has any experience with Cxtech?

https://shopee.sg/CXTech-F108-108-k...bf&xptdk=9260c8d2-4067-4772-ab8a-465d827b81bf

Also, has anyone gone from a 108 layout to a 98 layout? What are your experience? Hard to get use to?
 

speedknight

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jun 14, 2004
Messages
21,553
Reaction score
552
Thanks for the reply!

Monsgeek official site is OOS too.

Yea there is lack of choices for barebone kit for 108 layout.

I found this by Cxtech on shopee. Seems to be better than the Monsgeek one based on specifications (but $20 more ex). For eg, it comes with a 3000mAh batt (vs 600mAh) and RGB (I don't care about RGB tho. passed that bling bling stage haha). Anyone has any experience with Cxtech?

https://shopee.sg/CXTech-F108-108-k...bf&xptdk=9260c8d2-4067-4772-ab8a-465d827b81bf

Also, has anyone gone from a 108 layout to a 98 layout? What are your experience? Hard to get use to?
I using the CX-Tech 108. Okay lar not bad for the price I paid for now after I do a few mods and all I feel its
decent lar. My first built, so I don't want to venture too deep into it yet.

I let you judge for yourself my keyboard in the current form:


The choice of the switch was influence by SerSiTiv hahahaha he say KTT wine red will suit me then I go pick the heaviest variant I think from the video you can tell why.
 

hyperfuse

Master Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2019
Messages
4,380
Reaction score
1,848
Check TB today the Monsgeek store for the autumn board it is 130 after air ship to sg
I use my wife account to check. It shows $160ish after air shipping to sg. I saw on taobao got the akko store. Also after add to cart and shipping, shows 150ish.

Anyway I saw that there is another keycap, similar to the mountain keycaps but is green/mint accents
 

SerSiTiv

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
7,738
Reaction score
52
I use my wife account to check. It shows $160ish after air shipping to sg. I saw on taobao got the akko store. Also after add to cart and shipping, shows 150ish.

Anyway I saw that there is another keycap, similar to the mountain keycaps but is green/mint accents
【淘宝】https://m.tb.cn/h.gWavBS68xtvt3by?tk=FoVDWvpZEss HU0854 「山居秋暝胡桃木客制化机械键盘水墨国风Gasket结构三模RGB通用」
点击链接直接打开 或者 淘宝搜索直接打开
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top