[Recommend] Good Mechanical Keyboard

Joined
May 11, 2017
Messages
62,320
Reaction score
11,767
he re-lub and put the foam. based on experience, I like the after sound.
so is putting in the foam or the relub makes that thockiness sound?

 

FroztSpectre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
15,275
Reaction score
197
he re-lub and put the foam. based on experience, I like the after sound.
so is putting in the foam or the relub makes that thockiness sound?


Lubing switches and putting a good foam makes a very big difference.

If u listen to prebuilts keyboards, those switches that not lubed, try listening carefully, some keyboards you can hear this "pinggggg" sound when you press down on your keys. Lubing the switches also increases the smoothness of the switch. Sometimes when you press down on the switch, you'll feel this "scratchiness". Lubing keys helps out.

Adding a good foam will help make your keypresses slightly "deeper", and also help to reduce any remaining ping sound.

Here, listen to this difference between an unlubed key and lubed key. Use a headset / earpiece to listen to it carefully.
Unlubed:
https://vocaroo.com/1nS6IZpP2QuAHear that "ying ying ying ying ying" sound?

Now hear the lubed version.
https://vocaroo.com/13V9EhLedPHMThe pinging sound is GREATLY reduced. Snapping sound still sounds sharp though. But at least you get rid of the pinging sound.

I've never noticed all this stuff until i started going into custom keyboards LOL. Didn't even realize some of my keyboards had this pinging sound. Now i just cannot stand those keyboards anymore.
 
Joined
May 11, 2017
Messages
62,320
Reaction score
11,767
May I know the difference btw this and

O1CN01g5hw591VmM4kv76qU_!!1702842695.jpg


rydnPNn.png
 

jonnyboy91

Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2013
Messages
413
Reaction score
18
May I know the difference btw this and

O1CN01g5hw591VmM4kv76qU_!!1702842695.jpg


rydnPNn.png
The top one is plate foam that sits between the plate and PCB.
Bottom one is the case form that sits between case and PCB.
If you have the combination of both or either or, it will dampens the sound further.
Plate foam are rarely use unless there are pre-cuts one available to buy or included in the keyboard kits.
 

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2009
Messages
21,988
Reaction score
11,568
got rk860 too LOL hopefully all goes well
Mine just reached warehouse ytd. Just noticed, split into two packages. At first I thought how come so good only 0.360kg. Then saw the other pkg 1.2 kg
Yours the same?

EDIT: Asked seller; turns out they shipped the keyboard box and extra keycaps separately.
 
Last edited:
Joined
May 11, 2017
Messages
62,320
Reaction score
11,767
Mine just reached warehouse ytd. Just noticed, split into two packages. At first I thought how come so good only 0.360kg. Then saw the other pkg 1.2 kg
Yours the same?

EDIT: Asked seller; turns out they shipped the keyboard box and extra keycaps separately.
I ordered locally and I didn't order extra caps.. maybe yours are with extra caps?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top