[Recommend] Good Mechanical Keyboard

runningman.snsd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2011
Messages
9,073
Reaction score
750
Any recommended good quality key caps to intro?

Wanna change the wasd and space bar

Currently using logitech g610
 

storm913

Master Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2008
Messages
4,440
Reaction score
136
Received my ducky one from lazada after only 36hrs! Can't wait to try it out tomorrow!
 

dawntime

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2011
Messages
6,503
Reaction score
10
Wah brother, you also ah? 2015 I bought a cherry mx blue cooler master storm ultimate from pcthemes. Some keys not clicky. I went back to change keyboard. Same problem. I tried another 2 display sets but they all had the same issue. In the end I swapped for a mx brown instead.

Last year, I went to buy a mx blue vortex pok3r and was blown away by what blues should feel like if they are done properly. I think Cherry had some batch production fault or something.

Haha yes. However I don't feel it's fault with corsair or any other brands, or that blues require time to set in. Every clicky (blue or razer green) keyboard I bought all had at least 1 key with this issue. Gave it all up and luckily preference is also with reds now :s12: Yeah if done nicely, blues feels the best to type on
 

dawntime

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2011
Messages
6,503
Reaction score
10
wah seh sian, my ducky still very solid tho but rgb patterns not so much la.

i like corsair's build design overall. Hmm thanks shall see how

RGB must be software controlled for the maximum configurability and beauty. Strafe build quality is not so good though.
 

Godeau

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2009
Messages
15,994
Reaction score
6,503
Does anyone know if there's still a distributor for Topre in Singapore? I remembered last time was Hydra or something...

If there's really none here I will just import, wanna try something other than cherry, kailh and what not. Tired of soldering switches caused by chattering issues :)
 

HungryPillow

Senior Member
Joined
May 5, 2008
Messages
828
Reaction score
17
Does anyone know if there's still a distributor for Topre in Singapore? I remembered last time was Hydra or something...

If there's really none here I will just import, wanna try something other than cherry, kailh and what not. Tired of soldering switches caused by chattering issues :)

Which model are you looking for? I have a like new grey/white 104U for sale if you're interested :)
 

katata

Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2010
Messages
281
Reaction score
17
Does anyone know if there's still a distributor for Topre in Singapore? I remembered last time was Hydra or something...

If there's really none here I will just import, wanna try something other than cherry, kailh and what not. Tired of soldering switches caused by chattering issues :)

Well there is the Cooler Master Novatouch. I not sure if local sell Realforce or Happy Hacking Keyboard (HHKB)

What's so good about topre?
Well its definitely an acquired taste. A lot of people seem to love topre for typing. When you press a key, it bounces back up instantly. Kinda like a magnet like feeling. Some people like its "fast" speed compared to other cherry switches. Its half mechanical half hybrid making it harder to construct thats why its priced at a premium*.

Maybe because I'm a heavy typer, I personally prefer the MX clears for typing.


*IDK its just my opinion
 

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
16,830
Reaction score
1,777
Wah brother, you also ah? 2015 I bought a cherry mx blue cooler master storm ultimate from pcthemes. Some keys not clicky. I went back to change keyboard. Same problem. I tried another 2 display sets but they all had the same issue. In the end I swapped for a mx brown instead.

Last year, I went to buy a mx blue vortex pok3r and was blown away by what blues should feel like if they are done properly. I think Cherry had some batch production fault or something.

I had non clicky cherry issue too from Func keyboard. Got it replaced, sold away
 

storm913

Master Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2008
Messages
4,440
Reaction score
136
Been using my new red switch ducky one today, my God, I'm hitting so many typos. My words per minutes dropped from 65 to 30 Hahaha, hope I'll get use to it soon. Finding it really easy to accidentally hitting another cap when I type.

Sent from OnePlus 三 using GAGT
 

Candice Swanepoel

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2013
Messages
565
Reaction score
0
Does anyone know if there's still a distributor for Topre in Singapore? I remembered last time was Hydra or something...

If there's really none here I will just import, wanna try something other than cherry, kailh and what not. Tired of soldering switches caused by chattering issues :)

There's only Xtremesolution who brings them in. Leopold and realforce can be tested but the HHKBs are sealed so you won't be able to audition before buying.

Good luck and prepare at least $300.
 

StaryEyes

Member
Joined
May 28, 2008
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
There's a new Razer blackwidow v2, with new yellow key caps (linear and silent), plus wrist rest like the ornata. Any views on it?
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
Been using my new red switch ducky one today, my God, I'm hitting so many typos. My words per minutes dropped from 65 to 30 Hahaha, hope I'll get use to it soon. Finding it really easy to accidentally hitting another cap when I type.

Sent from OnePlus 三 using GAGT

My WPM on red is almost half of blue/brown :s13:

And that's over 2 years of reds thus far. :s22:

I can type damn fast on the blue. When switch to red, i type like a p****. :s13:

And i have been using the red for like a few yrs. :s13:
 

tigerwoods

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2005
Messages
11,398
Reaction score
2,620
my new key cap just arrived :D

vBcoBXi.jpg
 

Elijahonli

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
25,846
Reaction score
159
There's a new Razer blackwidow v2, with new yellow key caps (linear and silent), plus wrist rest like the ornata. Any views on it?
its new, so i doubt anyone has tried it... but its similar to kalih i think
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top