[Recommend] Good Mechanical Keyboard

Xihe

Banned
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
7,345
Reaction score
2,578
Hello, I am going down the rabbit hole of mechanical keyboard already. I got the TES68 clone fully pre-assembled for 30 dollars on shopee. I am hooked. Can recommend me my next mechanical keyboard? Budget less than $500. Must be durable. Minimum 68 keys, no low profile.
 

blues7

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2004
Messages
30,535
Reaction score
1,596
key caps

switches

so many options

such huge price range

another rabbit hole

buy one, will compare and want something better
 

Daty41

Master Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2019
Messages
4,321
Reaction score
1,545
Hello, I am going down the rabbit hole of mechanical keyboard already. I got the TES68 clone fully pre-assembled for 30 dollars on shopee. I am hooked. Can recommend me my next mechanical keyboard? Budget less than $500. Must be durable. Minimum 68 keys, no low profile.
Wooting 80HE coming soon.... I have the 60HE, may get the 80HE
 

Kunkka

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2013
Messages
68,011
Reaction score
22,660
Was considering leobog hi8 but seems like use their own oem software
 

gpgtmeowmeow

Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2022
Messages
135
Reaction score
80
Was considering leobog hi8 but seems like use their own oem software
Monsgeek M1 QMK/VIA (Only International version), cheapest QMK board Alu 75% with knob

If you're avoiding software, you might want to avoid VIA even, but why?

I doubt many people are willing to learn how to use QMK even with the configurator tool.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,323
Reaction score
6,584
After buying the Sugar65, i think i need something better to replace my Q2. So i joined the group buy for MKC65. Have to wait until April (estimation) for this KB to come. 2 painful months of waiting begin!
 

noobiee

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2005
Messages
44,687
Reaction score
756
the next in thing will be keyboard with good hall effect switches

make you even better in game!
 

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2006
Messages
6,282
Reaction score
518
current daily driver at home.

monsgeek m1 intl version
gateron oil king switches (lube + tx filmed)
akko ASA black & gold keycaps
aluminium plate
staebies v2 stabilizers

3CwmSnN.jpg


gmk67 for the office.
gazzew U4 silent switches (lubed)
stock PC plate
everglide panda clip-on stabilizers

Kn0uvoL.jpg

where did you get them from?
the gmk67 does not produce any sound when typing right?
 

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2010
Messages
12,141
Reaction score
121
may i know where did you all get the KB from?
is there a key with both Mac and Windows print on it?
Got mine from aliexpress during sale so the board is around 30. Then another 40/50 for keys and caps from taobao
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top