Robot Vacuum Cleaner

austy

Reaction score
who actually owns one? Does it actually do what it suppose to? Give some of your reviews here.

sohcheekeong

Reaction score
who actually owns one? Does it actually do what it suppose to? Give some of your reviews here.

I started using robot cleaner in 2009 when I shifted to my current place. The first one is iRobot lowest end (can't remember the model). Works quite well.

Then in 2011 my wife and I saw a Taiwan made one at one of the IT Fairs. Slightly smaller about half the price only. So we bought it to replace our two-year old iRobot. But the Taiwan made one quite lousy, vacuum floor not very clear, always get trapped at floor mat and a while spolit liao.

Last December I bought another iRobot (also the lowest end) for $699 at another IT Fair. Improved design over the previous iRobot. Very happy with the performance.

austy

Reaction score
I started using robot cleaner in 2009 when I shifted to my current place. The first one is iRobot lowest end (can't remember the model). Works quite well.

Then in 2011 my wife and I saw a Taiwan made one at one of the IT Fairs. Slightly smaller about half the price only. So we bought it to replace our two-year old iRobot. But the Taiwan made one quite lousy, vacuum floor not very clear, always get trapped at floor mat and a while spolit liao.

Last December I bought another iRobot (also the lowest end) for $699 at another IT Fair. Improved design over the previous iRobot. Very happy with the performance.

Does the machine have any issues cleaning underneath the dinning table and chairs? How about room to room? Does it needs to be program? What is the rating of cleanliness compare a manual wiping broom?

NWT1978

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got the V-bot inova series...

unknown brand but cheapest so far... avg 180 only but need to get avg 10 people to buy... now not sure if still got this promotion...

basic functions only... no auto return... no schedule clean... battery last avg 40 mins before charge...

||||||||||

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How does it know where to roam?
Will it get stuck under the bed?

huihong

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using korean vac iClebo $399.00 from Qoo10 sale.

jin easy to use. Set to auto roam and max cleaning. Go to round then auto go back to base charger.

One full charge can last for 2 rounds of cleaning.

InnovaIQ

Banned
Reaction score
bro.................hw clean?????????????????moi sumtimes................ruan ruan jiak peanuts .................@ hme..............sumtime................piak moi atb tenant.................sure drop ** n ** hairs......................then oso gt siao sperm.....................k clean bor?????????????????????

loftystew

Master Member
Reaction score
LG roboking better. Been using it. Does occasionally get stuck in weird places but overall get its job done. Able to clean hdb executive flat (5room + 1 study room) and return to charging base by itself in one full charge.

The floor is definitely feels way cleaner than before. Seldom sweep or vacuum frequently in the past but now got a "Marie" to clean my floor everyday.

Couldn't live without it now.

Last edited:

sohcheekeong

Reaction score
Does the machine have any issues cleaning underneath the dinning table and chairs? How about room to room? Does it needs to be program? What is the rating of cleanliness compare a manual wiping broom?

The robot can go under the table or bed, no problem. If it can't, the little brushes can "sweep" out the dust and then the vacuum will suck in the dirt. So it is like using a vacuum cleaner, definitely cleaner than using a broom (and for me, the dry wipe after the broom). It can suck up all the hair and dust.

Once you turn the robot on, it will go familiarise itself with the place. It can return to the charger to charge if it does not have any juice to clean the whole place. What I do is to limit the geography - ie. clean hall first, then clean each room. There is a virtual wall to restrict limit where the robot can go.

arcturuz

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LG roboking better. Been using it. Does occasionally get stuck in weird places but overall get its job done. Able to clean hdb executive flat (5room + 1 study room) and return to charging base by itself in one full charge.

The floor is definitely feels way cleaner than before. Seldom sweep or vacuum frequently in the past but now got a "Marie" to clean my floor everyday.

Couldn't live without it now.

welly sian to vacuum my EA flat every week also, sweat like pig

this LG how much ah?

sohcheekeong

Reaction score
Forgot to mention the iRobot can get over floor mat, cables without stopping. It is also "height-aware" - my kitchen floor is lower than the hall's. So when the iRobot sense that, it will move away instead of "dropping" into the kitchen. It can also climb over the "hump" between my rooms and hall.

loftystew

Master Member
Reaction score
welly sian to vacuum my EA flat every week also, sweat like pig

this LG how much ah?

You should refer to the home decor sub forum. There is a thread created specifically for roboking which contains extensive reviews and ways to get LG roboking at a cheaper price.

I got my roboking at autovacstore one year back though.

InnovaIQ

Banned
Reaction score
bros.............sis................hw rong 2 charge ........................cleaner???????????????????

coloumbiaGames

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been using roomba for a year here,
Prefer irobot over lg because of the spare part easily available if repair is needed.

loftystew

Master Member
Reaction score
One good thing about roboking which I prefer over scooba is that roboking uses lithium-ion battery.

Scooba uses nickel type battery. Lithium-ion battery last longer.

That was one year ago though. Things may have change now.

InnovaIQ

Banned
Reaction score
hw muchie??????????????????gt simi brand????????????????nb.................moi ******* hair...............kip droppin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have a roomba at home also. works pretty well to keep the dust from building up. results in easier mopping also. just set e schedule n it wakes up to do e cleaning. after finishing it will go back to the charging dock. rugs, mats no problem. but sometimes it does get stuck when e movement accidentally knudges e door close so it gets stuck in e room until batt goes flat. haha :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.