Root canal and Crowning sharing...

Pocoyoz

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2005
Messages
36,146
Reaction score
6,425
I got a quote from two dental clinics near my workplace and my hood area. Elite Dental Group and Frank Dental. The cost for the first one was $500 - $850 for root canal treatment and $1,500 - $2,000 for crowning. Frank Dental was $600 for root canal treatment and $800 for crowning, which is fairly reasonable. I did not have to pay for the consultation and X-rays.
Root canal treatment is very expensive in Singapore but I don't really have the time to go over to Malaysia to do treatment.

ndcs charge moi $670+ for zirconia crown
rct they say $400+


Read HWZ Forum Rules!
 

Venusys

Member
Joined
May 5, 2023
Messages
363
Reaction score
90
sharing info on Laser-assisted root canal therapy. I think it makes a lot of sense that laser can keep root canal sterile.


1. Debridement ✅

Lasers aid in the removal of debris and infected tissue within the root canal.

2. Cleaning and decontaminating root canal systems ✅

Lasers improve disinfection by penetrating dentinal tubules and eliminating bacteria beyond what traditional irrigation can achieve.

3. Removing calcium hydroxide ✅

Studies show lasers help remove intracanal medicaments like Ca(OH)₂ more effectively than conventional methods.

4. Nd:YAG laser to kill microorganisms ✅

The Nd:YAG laser is known for its deep penetration, bactericidal effects, and ability to reduce microbial load in root canals.

5. Remove endotoxin concentration ✅

Lasers reduce bacterial endotoxins. Research supports that Er:YAG and Nd:YAG lasers can reduce endotoxin levels.

6. Fibroblast adhesion to cement ✅

Some studies suggest lasers influence fibroblast adhesion and proliferation on treated dentin or cement surfaces.

7. Intrinsic decolorization ✅

Er:YAG and diode lasers are used for intrinsic tooth whitening (internal bleaching) after root canal treatment.

8. Research after research publications ✅

Laser-assisted endodontics is backed by numerous studies proving its effectiveness in disinfection, biofilm removal, and improved healing outcomes.
 
Last edited:

star89

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2009
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
for crowning, what fee are involved?
fee for crown making
is there another surgery fee?
NDC says $1100 for crown
$1000 for surgery? (crown lengthening)
root canal $400+ for subsidized price (by dental officer)🤯
specialist $1100
crown so expensive?
more expensive than private


Read HWZ Forum Rules!
Hi

how do you get subsidised price to do RCT at NDC? $400 is about the same price if do at JB.
 

seeking

Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
442
Reaction score
9
Any RCT reviews for JDental in JB? I went there for consultation and the doc seems legit and knowledgeable. Graduated from NUS Dental.

Alternatively, open to other JB clinic recommendations if u guys have any. Gamxia
 

ChaoJiBoomz

Master Member
Joined
May 17, 2014
Messages
3,345
Reaction score
7
Ok, hope it helps.
Hi @Venusys, can share the dentist/specialist that does laser irrigation. I have a "repaired" hairline crack molar that is causing some discomfort, I feel I might need RCT.

I read every posts - some of the posts suggested to get crowning from another dentist. Why not just get it from the endodontist / same dental clinic?
 

Venusys

Member
Joined
May 5, 2023
Messages
363
Reaction score
90
Hi @Venusys, can share the dentist/specialist that does laser irrigation. I have a "repaired" hairline crack molar that is causing some discomfort, I feel I might need RCT.

I read every posts - some of the posts suggested to get crowning from another dentist. Why not just get it from the endodontist / same dental clinic?
Hi @ChaoJiBoomz , you had a "repaired" hairline crack molar? May I know if the repaired is done be Endodontists or General dentist? How long ago?

If its done by Endodontist not long ago, I suggest you call the clinic and tell the Endodontist that you are getting discomfort. Ask for rework, I don't think you will be charged again for that.. Double check.

If its done a long time ago, I suggest you go to an endodontist (Same or different) to have it checked.

You need to address the root cause first before the crowning. Endodontists generally do not provide crowning for patients, they will refer to General dentist to do crown. These days, many clinics have many doctors and specialists in. You can visit endodontist and General dentist under 1 visit.

Laser irrigation is definitely a plus however it will not address the crack. Crack still need to be fixed first by Endodontists before laser comes in.

If you need a recommendation for endodontist, can let me know too.
 

ChaoJiBoomz

Master Member
Joined
May 17, 2014
Messages
3,345
Reaction score
7
Basically my crack was caused by an exchange dentist in Q&M (Believe she was from Indian from her accent -- too long ago, I cannot remember) - It was just plain servicing, maybe using too much force. After that session, the greatest tell-tale was when I bite onto a seed, it will send excruciating shockwave.

I then went back Q&M and a local more lao jiao dentist rectified my issue, maybe she did some filling or what and it became alot better. And lasted till now, I guess. Both are normal dentists.

Since 1 or 2 weeks ago, I been feeling consistent discomfort and tingling pain, and I believe it's caused by that. So instead of going to a normal dentist, I'm thinking straight to the specialist.

Please do share your recommendation. TIA!!


Hi @ChaoJiBoomz , you had a "repaired" hairline crack molar? May I know if the repaired is done be Endodontists or General dentist? How long ago?

If its done by Endodontist not long ago, I suggest you call the clinic and tell the Endodontist that you are getting discomfort. Ask for rework, I don't think you will be charged again for that.. Double check.

If its done a long time ago, I suggest you go to an endodontist (Same or different) to have it checked.

You need to address the root cause first before the crowning. Endodontists generally do not provide crowning for patients, they will refer to General dentist to do crown. These days, many clinics have many doctors and specialists in. You can visit endodontist and General dentist under 1 visit.

Laser irrigation is definitely a plus however it will not address the crack. Crack still need to be fixed first by Endodontists before laser comes in.

If you need a recommendation for endodontist, can let me know too.
 

Venusys

Member
Joined
May 5, 2023
Messages
363
Reaction score
90
Basically my crack was caused by an exchange dentist in Q&M (Believe she was from Indian from her accent -- too long ago, I cannot remember) - It was just plain servicing, maybe using too much force. After that session, the greatest tell-tale was when I bite onto a seed, it will send excruciating shockwave.

I then went back Q&M and a local more lao jiao dentist rectified my issue, maybe she did some filling or what and it became alot better. And lasted till now, I guess. Both are normal dentists.

Since 1 or 2 weeks ago, I been feeling consistent discomfort and tingling pain, and I believe it's caused by that. So instead of going to a normal dentist, I'm thinking straight to the specialist.

Please do share your recommendation. TIA!!
Please do go The Endodontic Office, many good endodontists there.

Do not wait, make an appointment soon. I think you can try Dr Heng Pei Fang or Dr. Stella.

Said referred by Venusys. The Endodontic Office has not invested in laser yet but it will be good if they have it.
 

ChaoJiBoomz

Master Member
Joined
May 17, 2014
Messages
3,345
Reaction score
7
Please do go The Endodontic Office, many good endodontists there.

Do not wait, make an appointment soon. I think you can try Dr Heng Pei Fang or Dr. Stella.

Said referred by Venusys. The Endodontic Office has not invested in laser yet but it will be good if they have it.
Just googling around, is this Laser Irrigation?

<< Laser adjunctive use
Utilises hydrophotonics for more effective disinfection of the root canals, killing bacteria, promoting better healing and reducing the risk of infection. >>

https://www.dpdental.com/root-canal-treatment-singapore/
 

ChaoJiBoomz

Master Member
Joined
May 17, 2014
Messages
3,345
Reaction score
7
Please do go The Endodontic Office, many good endodontists there.

Do not wait, make an appointment soon. I think you can try Dr Heng Pei Fang or Dr. Stella.

Said referred by Venusys. The Endodontic Office has not invested in laser yet but it will be good if they have it.

I have completed my RCT in Endodontic. From the x-rays, photos collage, I am happy with the work.

Now need to find crowning, i am planning to go for Gold. Anybody has done Gold crown in Singapore or JB? Google search and like can't find alot results. Bangkok have.
 

Venusys

Member
Joined
May 5, 2023
Messages
363
Reaction score
90
I have completed my RCT in Endodontic. From the x-rays, photos collage, I am happy with the work.

Now need to find crowning, i am planning to go for Gold. Anybody has done Gold crown in Singapore or JB? Google search and like can't find alot results. Bangkok have.
Nice. If you are doing at The Endodontic Office, it should be alright. They are Endo Specialists there and mostly are highly skilled. Just curious, which Specialist treated you? The only downside is they still haven't adopted laser for disinfection and irrigation.

DP Dental which apply Laser Adjunctive- hydrophotonics protocols is less impressive than Photoacoustic Streaming. I will recommend the laser dentists next time if you have other dental issues.

Gold crown is interesting... I check for you 😂😂
 
Last edited:

Venusys

Member
Joined
May 5, 2023
Messages
363
Reaction score
90
I have completed my RCT in Endodontic. From the x-rays, photos collage, I am happy with the work.

Now need to find crowning, i am planning to go for Gold. Anybody has done Gold crown in Singapore or JB? Google search and like can't find alot results. Bangkok have.
Gold crown in Singapore. I will PM you.
 

gtcia05

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2017
Messages
74
Reaction score
56
I personally did two endo with the endodontic office, I think they are reliable. Please do RC if your tooth can be saved. Try not to go for implant if possible, for implants may lead to higher risk of gum problems due to infection, peri-implantitis after a long period. Also, I consider tooth implant to be an invasive treatment, it can lead to pains and suffering.

Yes, you can definitely do RC with Endodontic Office but do crowning with another dentist , don't have to go back to referred one.

Crowning materials is important, I will recommend going for dentist that will care for patient by not using cheaper crowning materials. If you need my dentist info, I can also recommend my dentist to you as she did my crowning for me.
Hi, I need the a good dentist with affordable pricing for crowning. Appreciate your help to recommend your dentist! Thank you!!
 

Venusys

Member
Joined
May 5, 2023
Messages
363
Reaction score
90
Hi, I need the a good dentist with affordable pricing for crowning. Appreciate your help to recommend your dentist! Thank you!!

I will think pricing for crowning are pretty standard between clinics, normal varies between 10% to 20% in terms of pricing.

Good dentists would be someone whose clinic has the indoor lab to do the crown.. Which means shorter waiting time but slightly more ex depending on the crown materials.

Let me know which do you prefer. For cheaper crown, I believe any neighbourhood dentists will be cheaper. Where do you stay?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top