S2316H or U2417H?

zystttt

Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2010
Messages
346
Reaction score
0
Hi, currently considering an upgrade for my existing monitor, not sure which to upgrade to. Mainly for light gaming and don't mind 60Hz. Mainly attracted to this because of the thin bezel.

The S2316H is alot cheaper in price compare to its Ultrasharp counterpart. But people have said its a very reflective screen due to the glossy screen. I play away from the windows in my HDB living room. Anyone has owned either or better still both give me some inputs and suggestions? Lazada's SHOPBIG25 offer ends today but I can't make up my mind. TIA
 

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2015
Messages
16,609
Reaction score
577
Hi, currently considering an upgrade for my existing monitor, not sure which to upgrade to. Mainly for light gaming and don't mind 60Hz. Mainly attracted to this because of the thin bezel.

The S2316H is alot cheaper in price compare to its Ultrasharp counterpart. But people have said its a very reflective screen due to the glossy screen. I play away from the windows in my HDB living room. Anyone has owned either or better still both give me some inputs and suggestions? Lazada's SHOPBIG25 offer ends today but I can't make up my mind. TIA

take Ultrasharp, you won't regret.
 

spiky0180

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2009
Messages
539
Reaction score
0
Other than the matte screen, u2417h also has other features like vesa mount and adjustable stand, which the s2316h does not have. If you don't need the features on the u2417h, then get the cheaper s2316h since glare is the least of your concern. I use the predecessor of the s2316h. I use old university textbooks to prop the monitor up so that its eye level.
 

Allanlee82

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2009
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
10
take the U2417H, used to have a S24xx series, the color was great but too reflective for me, sold after a year and straight away upgrade to U2715H, no regards after this.
 

zystttt

Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2010
Messages
346
Reaction score
0
Actually I was thinking of buying from The Shopper Shop, with the discount code which ends today it goes for $27x. I'm slightly concerned about room light reflecting on to my screen and I have LEDs coming out from my casing which is just right beside. Just concerned about the glare because right now I'm using a matte monitor
 
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
48,310
Reaction score
7,450
Moi will choose U2417H.
Matte won't reflect light and pivot can go Horizontal great for picture in portrait plus it's a usb3 powered hub.
 

sharkapl

Master Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2006
Messages
4,862
Reaction score
0
As long as the item comes and with valid 5 years warranty why bother going down SLS as long as the price is right
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,288
Reaction score
420
As long as the item comes and with valid 5 years warranty why bother going down SLS as long as the price is right

That is if the shop does send out what it should be. Warranty is indicated on the box. In any case, the only way to know is to actually purchase and wait for it to arrive. That is the risk.

But note that if there are any issues like wrong order or monitor having 3 yrs, one need to go through lazada and ask them to liaise with shop.
 

FlushX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
10,555
Reaction score
12
Don't bother with PCSHOW. don't think can beat current Lazada price.

If I'm not wrong, Shopper Shop is Ban Leong themselves.
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Actually I was thinking of buying from The Shopper Shop, with the discount code which ends today it goes for $27x. I'm slightly concerned about room light reflecting on to my screen and I have LEDs coming out from my casing which is just right beside. Just concerned about the glare because right now I'm using a matte monitor

Don't bother with PCSHOW. don't think can beat current Lazada price.

If I'm not wrong, Shopper Shop is Ban Leong themselves.

I am quite skeptical with no customer review for online shopping.
 

sharkapl

Master Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2006
Messages
4,862
Reaction score
0
Don't bother with PCSHOW. don't think can beat current Lazada price.

If I'm not wrong, Shopper Shop is Ban Leong themselves.

yes i think it is ban leong, same as under qoo10 they are case specialist user
 

zystttt

Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2010
Messages
346
Reaction score
0
I am quite skeptical with no customer review for online shopping.


Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Hooted the U2417H from The Shopper Shop. Will be the first to review the monitor sold by them I Guess. Hope it's really Ban Leong
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top