wwh5210
Master Member
- Joined
- Mar 6, 2008
- Messages
- 2,994
- Reaction score
- 348
My Thai set is on Apr patch since a week ago lol.Im still waiting for software update... Damn slow. Still on march update
My Thai set is on Apr patch since a week ago lol.Im still waiting for software update... Damn slow. Still on march update
You flash the update manually?My Thai set is on Apr patch since a week ago lol.
Nope, it was released by Samsung Thai last week.You flash the update manually?
Thanks. What about camera and picture quality?For those who are still considering...
A52s vs A55
![]()
- Slightly thinner bezel.
- Aluminum frame vs plastic frame.
- Front and back glass vs front glass and plastic back.
- Brighter screen.
- Faster CPU.
- Better speakers.
- 12GB RAM (non SG set lol) vs 8GB RAM
Main camera is decent. Image processing for night shots are heavier than I expected. It can be both good and bad things.Thanks. What about camera and picture quality?
More towards managing expectations ba... This phone only 400 bucks...Main camera is decent. Image processing for night shots are heavier than I expected. It can be both good and bad things.
Main Lens for:
A52s - Average day shots with poor night shots.
A55 - Good days shots with average night shots (heavy image processing).
Of coz, was asking op on comparison between A52s and A55 which was the intent of his post.More towards managing expectations ba... This phone only 400 bucks...
I am aware of that bro hahaha. I am just sharing my experience. Get flagships if u really want great photos.More towards managing expectations ba... This phone only 400 bucks...
Yup. Some expect damn good picture quality, good screen etc for a 400 dollar phone...I am aware of that bro hahaha. I am just sharing my experience. Get flagships if u really want great photos.

Thanks. Cannot afford 3x price for flag ships that going to be 80 to 90% underutilised. In fact even a A55 would be underutilised by me. But I want (note not need) a half decent camera. If there's a phone with a good camera, with decent storage (read SD) at 500 or less. I'd snap it up.I am aware of that bro hahaha. I am just sharing my experience. Get flagships if u really want great photos.
Green and cheap enough for me..the watermelons big or small immaterial.Yup. Some expect damn good picture quality, good screen etc for a 400 dollar phone...
Ai qi, ai pi, ai dua liap nee.....![]()
It really depend on what you need. In fact, A55 is powerful enough to be a daily driver for most of the people.Thanks. Cannot afford 3x price for flag ships that going to be 80 to 90% underutilised. In fact even a A55 would be underutilised by me. But I want (note not need) a half decent camera. If there's a phone with a good camera, with decent storage (read SD) at 500 or less. I'd snap it up.
Honor Singapore has X9b 5G. It fit your requirement.Thanks. Cannot afford 3x price for flag ships that going to be 80 to 90% underutilised. In fact even a A55 would be underutilised by me. But I want (note not need) a half decent camera. If there's a phone with a good camera, with decent storage (read SD) at 500 or less. I'd snap it up.
Wouldn't consider this at allHonor Singapore has X9b 5G. It fit your requirement.
You flash the update manually?
Singapore is always late for the security updates🫠Nope, it was released by Samsung Thai last week.
Telco tuning.... Takes timeSingapore is always late for the security updates🫠

Just gotten a used A55 128gb model from one of the mobile shop in the west for 368. It is much bigger than I expected. Not used to the size yet. It is definitely a downgrade from my existing fold4 (but fold is heavier). I bought the set for one reason only. Onscreen fingerprint. I had it in my previous A33 and lost it when upgraded to fold4. The phone has all the required features I am looking for (onscreen fingerprint, esim, dual sim, years of software support).I am not necessarily looking at the highest spec (256). I can accept 128gb. As long as the price is within the range I am looking at. I can even go for an used set. My last A33 was a used set.
A55?Just gotten a used 128gb model from one of the mobile shop in the west for 368. It is much bigger than I expected. Not used to the size yet. It is definitely a downgrade from my existing fold4 (but fold is heavier). I bought the set for one reason only. Onscreen fingerprint. I had it in my previous A33 and lost it when upgraded to fold4. The phone has all the required features I am looking for (onscreen fingerprint, esim, dual sim, years of software support).
That is correct. Added the phone model to my earlier posting.A55?