Samsung Galaxy A53

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If want 5G, go get a flagship phone. Haha.

Fellowes

Master Member
Reaction score
Only reason I can think of is that they are willing to pay for 5G plans and the A52s apparently doesn't support 5G SA according to our local telcos.

It's kind of confusing, cos I thought the X53 Modem for the Qualcomm 778G chipset does support SA. (Source: Wikipedia)
View attachment 30895

Qualcomm also states it supports both SA and NSA in the official chipset brief.

Other reason I can think of is band support - perhaps the local bands are not supported by these phone models.

Unless Samsung didn't implement it in the hardware somehow? I don't know if it's possible to enable it with a software update, though. Of course, this assumes Samsung wants to do that.
For our 3 telco, doesn’t really matter for the year of 2022 and even 2023 as currently the 5G SA rollout and coverage is not as wide therefore most of the time is connected to 5G NSA but still faster than 4G. I usually left my iPhone 13 Pro 5G SA option as off as it quite a pain in the ass to use when it try to switchover and data will drop.

There is also locations where the 5G NSA and SA switchover having some dead zone as it not as seamless leaving the reception without a single bar but still show as 5G then data will not work, map gps will not load properly then after awhile it will connect back and switch or force it to re-connect by turn off/on flight mode.

Rxgn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for my case, 5g also uses battery much faster and made my a52 warmer..

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
for my case, 5g also uses battery much faster and made my a52 warmer..
It's the same thing that happened for early adopters of 4G too. ;)

Newer chipsets are more efficient and support more global standards. Early versions of the chips might not be so "universal" in nature. Bear in mind the standards are also evolving because telcos are choosing their deployments. Some countries are sticking to nSA to keep costs low, others like Singapore are going for mainly SA. Then there are frequency differences across countries because of their various wireless spectrum allocations. It won't matter to people who don't travel at all, but for business folks who might be travelling to US, Europe, AsiaPac, Oceania multiple times a year, it can mean having to own/carry multiple phones.

A cousin had to own 3 phones cos he was often in US and Japan for work, and it was troublesome to sync contacts and calendars across multiple devices back then - now we're spoilt by iCloud/Google CalDAV/CardDAV sync that works really well.

Rxgn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey a73 is coming. I saw best denki ad

$700 128gb
$800 256gb

Preorder collection 4th may

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey a73 is coming. I saw best denki ad

$700 128gb
$800 256gb

Preorder collection 4th may

698 / 798 free buds live
Saw on challenger

Price rip. Can buy s21fe at street shops

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The a52s is basically the same phone except for the camera isn't it?

standing

Reaction score
There is also a A73 right?

Y like singapore don't have sell?

my3

Reaction score

$120 off purchase of A52s. Wonder when will 'Coming soon' button become 'Buy'.

Anyone knows when will this offer start?

rharish_21

Reaction score
That was before the launch of A53 to clear stocks for A52s.. Now no more stocks on most of the big retailers.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah. with $120 off a52s, it looks good alternative to a53. Cos a52s looks better

freshvibes

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

$120 off purchase of A52s. Wonder when will 'Coming soon' button become 'Buy'.

Anyone knows when will this offer start?

Hopefully the stocks will return. Waiting for it to become "Buy" too.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the stocks will return. Waiting for it to become "Buy" too.
I wouldn't anticipate them restocking an older model when the newer one is released as it'll cannibalise sales. And they know that users will prefer the A52s over their newer A53 for chipset reasons alone.

You're better off sourcing elsewhere. Besides, their $120-off pricing should be similar to street pricing, with some forumers here sharing they got their sets at $3xx after discounts, or even $400ish without discounts.

Fellowes

Master Member
Reaction score
A53 not much hype compare to A52s? The thread move so slow.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.