samsung galaxy note 2 screen

cheong

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2001
Messages
752
Reaction score
0
Being one of the careless N2 users, I experienced problems finding out the costs and channels of repair. Having gone through all the trouble, here are some of the information I gathered trying to repair my N2 cracked screen:

Samsung Service Centre

Damage: $146.77
Time taken: 3-5 working days (an SMS will be sent to notify job done)

Phone will reset to factory setting, wiping all data off. Please back up before servicing. Original screen, warranty intact.

Before I head to Samsung, I did call up the service centre and I was quoted $263.70. This is not correct. The actual cost is as stated above.

Sim Lim Square

Damage: $70
Time taken: 1-2 hours depending on crowd

Phone settings will remain, data will all be intact. No back up necessary. Screen is not original though. This may or may not affect you when you trade in your N2 in future. There are shops that will check the screen, there are shops that won't.

This information is provided by a friend who went to Sim Lim after approaching SingTel.

SingTel

Damage: $350
Time taken: 30 mins to 1 hour depending on crowd

No repair available, but SingTel allow 1 to 1 exchange. I believe, as mentioned by one bro here earlier, that it will be a refurbished set.

I got this information from my friend who approached SingTel before heading to Sim Lim.


Hope the information helps. ;)

can provide the info as regards to the shop at sim lim sq ?
 

kenanluo

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2013
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
i only know it's at level 4.. got to ask around.. my friend also don't remember the unit number.. sorry bro.. :o
 

fabianlau

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 2, 2008
Messages
35,229
Reaction score
101
i only know it's at level 4.. got to ask around.. my friend also don't remember the unit number.. sorry bro.. :o

Is it near the lift?

Anyway if glass crack and one metal side dent how much ar for Samsung service centre
 

GegeV2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
12,617
Reaction score
0
Is it near the lift?

Anyway if glass crack and one metal side dent how much ar for Samsung service centre

Should be all same price.

LCD 146.

Metal they asked me if wanna change think 40+ or 60+ can't remb. But its arnd there.
 

fabianlau

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 2, 2008
Messages
35,229
Reaction score
101
Samsung have a v gd service ..

At take number they quote full retail 268.. when inside they say samsung half half.. so pay 146.. I ok then the cso say metal side and glass is 146 I ok as abobe say 170 for both I thought ok cheaper..

Then reach for collection they nv do metal side I complain amd they do on the spot.. then was told must extra 53 for side .I complain say the cso quote me 146 all inside ..they wavie off. ..

Gd job samsung after service is much better then apple.. I went 1 for 1 ipad they so rude..
 

arudriano

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2012
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
it really depends

my aunt cracked her old s2 screen last year and they gave her the option of replacing it for free but voiding all future warranty, or paying 220 for the screen and keeping her warranty. since her phone was already 8 months old and she was left with only 4 months warranty she decided to replace the screen for free. 2 days later, they sent her s2 to her doorstep, and her phone has been problem free ever since. fantastic service by samsung at plaza sing.
 

fabianlau

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 2, 2008
Messages
35,229
Reaction score
101
Last time free repair for some s3 who drop and crack now a lot of this case they no choice have to charge
 

RoLanTo

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,220
Reaction score
339
i got a crack screen now, and i will send to samsung service center repair. u guys mentioned the data will be wiped clean... may i know how i can backup and restore back to same state?
 

CSHPML

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2013
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
**** man.
drop from less than knee high today....not even a DROP, just a slide downward and then screen to the floor. not even hard floor...but wooden tiling that's relatively smooth.

tiny dent on the screen area. move my thumb over can feel the incision.

previously i used an LG. Totally crappy phone in terms of processor/ram substance. Pretty sure it wasn't even gorilla glass.

drop drop drop - since cheap phone and was already 1yr plus...
put on table, with screen facing the table...and spin.
all sorts of normal not-so-cautious use.

end of day --> barely visible scratches. not a single dent.


Is gorilla glass trading scratch proof for a weakness to denting!?
 

ridzistance

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2012
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Guys I dropped my phone in water at Adventure Cove Park. And my phone flickered and went dead. First ting I did was to take out the battery and air it. Then I bought $5 worth of uncooked rice and dunked the phone in. Do you think got hope? If not can estimate for me the price of repair? Thank!
 

foopower

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2009
Messages
1,612
Reaction score
15
Guys I dropped my phone in water at Adventure Cove Park. And my phone flickered and went dead. First ting I did was to take out the battery and air it. Then I bought $5 worth of uncooked rice and dunked the phone in. Do you think got hope? If not can estimate for me the price of repair? Thank!

Provided you you removed the battery and you didn't try to turn the phone on as soon as you recovered it from the water. Else your internals MIGHT have been fried already if you've done so.

Leave it in there for a week or so before turning it on.
 

mickeyheng

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2012
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Guys I dropped my phone in water at Adventure Cove Park. And my phone flickered and went dead. First ting I did was to take out the battery and air it. Then I bought $5 worth of uncooked rice and dunked the phone in. Do you think got hope? If not can estimate for me the price of repair? Thank!

My phone also drop into water . Ps quote me 580 . Repair and the warranty will continue . Is there any other alternative ?
 

YonYOng

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
note 2 bro

hi note 2 bros i got my screen broke i want to know how much you bro got quoted for your note 2 screen to be fixing by samsung anyone ? i dont belive it was 268 as they quoted me and while i called them they tell me it was 16X. got so confused ...
 

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
11,314
Reaction score
42
hi note 2 bros i got my screen broke i want to know how much you bro got quoted for your note 2 screen to be fixing by samsung anyone ? i dont belive it was 268 as they quoted me and while i called them they tell me it was 16X. got so confused ...

268 is correct. it's standard price, I just fixed mine recently. It's all inclusive price - on the invoice it will break down to parts cost + labour cost + GST so that comes up to that 2XX pricing.
 

helloworldhao123

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2013
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
cracked screen and lcd

Hi guys

So unfortunate my galaxy note 1 committed suicide and in the end the screen cracked. Couldn't switch on the phone as well and probably the lcd is damaged. Now have to use back my Nokia phone. -.-

Anw, guys any idea how much would it cost me to repair my phone? Saw many posts ranging from 150$ to 300$. Anyone in the same situation as me and have repaired their phone? Can quote me the price? Or if you have any idea how much would it cost me? Thanks in advance! :s22:
 
Joined
Nov 10, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
7
Hi all, got my note 2 two wks back and it was fine till today. I noticed a one green pixel dot on my screen. Is there anything wrong?
 

Chys

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,325
Reaction score
1
Just want to hightlight that the MS Service Centre quoted me $260 for N2 screen replacement. They did not offer me the $140 rate. It was after a good amount of time I spent toking to the manager and luckily I got a friend who fixed his N2 screen at $140 before which I referred to then they are willing to give the $140.

Seemed that only PS Service Centre will offer the $140 without demand.

You guys know where I can file a formal complaint?
 

curse154

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
6,518
Reaction score
22
Just want to hightlight that the MS Service Centre quoted me $260 for N2 screen replacement. They did not offer me the $140 rate. It was after a good amount of time I spent toking to the manager and luckily I got a friend who fixed his N2 screen at $140 before which I referred to then they are willing to give the $140.

Seemed that only PS Service Centre will offer the $140 without demand.

You guys know where I can file a formal complaint?

Was your screen only glass cracked but touch and display was working fine?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top