samsung galaxy note 2 screen

Chys

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,325
Reaction score
1
Was your screen only glass cracked but touch and display was working fine?

Yes that was the case but MS did not buy it. The staff insisted on full price of $260. They emphasize it's a case-to-case basis they give the special $140 rate whereby Samsung absorb half the cost.
 

curse154

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
6,518
Reaction score
22
Yes that was the case but MS did not buy it. The staff insisted on full price of $260. They emphasize it's a case-to-case basis they give the special $140 rate whereby Samsung absorb half the cost.

So you serviced your phone already? Or still waiting?
 

Wilsonfrog

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2011
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Called Samsung and i was quoted around $265. Went down and waited for an hour and was quoted $280 (Seriously!?).

Saw alot of people talking about getting their screen fixed at 140 odd but when i mentioned this to them they insist on $280 and that the $140 'promotion' was last used a few months back and is no longer applicable.

Was super disappointed so i went to Sim Lim when i read that someone's friend did the repair for $70. I went around and i was quoted $250-$300-$350, super ridiculous prices as they need to change the glass along with the LCD screen although the screen has no problem at all. Couldn't find the $70. If anyone knows please let me know..

I also read from this thread that someone got their S2 repaired free provided that the future warranty be sacrificed, is it still applicable?

I called the service centre hotline and damn it the staff seems very ignorant, every sentence starts with an ERRR and ends with an ERRR. Ask questions like talking to the wall. Asked whether the warranty sacrifice can be used he said no, ask for the $140 quotation he say he don't know, ask for full quotation he say he don't know. Pfft.
 

nwy42

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2003
Messages
1,369
Reaction score
0
Give up. Try jb up
Called Samsung and i was quoted around $265. Went down and waited for an hour and was quoted $280 (Seriously!?).

Saw alot of people talking about getting their screen fixed at 140 odd but when i mentioned this to them they insist on $280 and that the $140 'promotion' was last used a few months back and is no longer applicable.

Was super disappointed so i went to Sim Lim when i read that someone's friend did the repair for $70. I went around and i was quoted $250-$300-$350, super ridiculous prices as they need to change the glass along with the LCD screen although the screen has no problem at all. Couldn't find the $70. If anyone knows please let me know..

I also read from this thread that someone got their S2 repaired free provided that the future warranty be sacrificed, is it still applicable?

I called the service centre hotline and damn it the staff seems very ignorant, every sentence starts with an ERRR and ends with an ERRR. Ask questions like talking to the wall. Asked whether the warranty sacrifice can be used he said no, ask for the $140 quotation he say he don't know, ask for full quotation he say he don't know. Pfft.
 

ToiletUncle

Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2010
Messages
410
Reaction score
0
Hi all

I have been reading the forum on Samsung Note 2 screen crack, would like to seek a small help from you bros..

I went down to Samsung Plaza Singapura yesterday and they quoted me $267 to replace the screen.

I highlighted to them that other users were able to get the screen replacement for $146 for just the cracked glass.

They agreed and wrote me a letter stating that they would replace my screen if i showed them a receipt of anyone paying approx $140 for the said repairs.

Can i kindly seek help to scan your receipt or service invoice, so that i can show it to the manager?

Appreciate it greatly if you could email me or drop me a msg at lasherisking@gmail.com or 8282 6823.

Thank you in advance.

I can do it for less than $100.
 

fabianlau

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 2, 2008
Messages
35,229
Reaction score
101
Hi all

I have been reading the forum on Samsung Note 2 screen crack, would like to seek a small help from you bros..

I went down to Samsung Plaza Singapura yesterday and they quoted me $267 to replace the screen.

I highlighted to them that other users were able to get the screen replacement for $146 for just the cracked glass.

They agreed and wrote me a letter stating that they would replace my screen if i showed them a receipt of anyone paying approx $140 for the said repairs.

Can i kindly seek help to scan your receipt or service invoice, so that i can show it to the manager?

Appreciate it greatly if you could email me or drop me a msg at lasherisking@gmail.com or 8282 6823.

Thank you in advance.

Pm you my detail already hope it helps
 

Alvin's

Junior Member
Joined
May 29, 2013
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I got a crack screen but the LCD is working normal..if I change the whole panel at the service centre can I request them to return the working LCD
 

cheesepies

Banned
Joined
Nov 27, 2006
Messages
3,711
Reaction score
0
I got a crack screen but the LCD is working normal..if I change the whole panel at the service centre can I request them to return the working LCD

i dun think can....


@ToiletUncle how much you charge to replace note 2 crack glass ?

thanks.
 

Alvin's

Junior Member
Joined
May 29, 2013
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
i dun think can....


@ToiletUncle how much you charge to replace note 2 crack glass ?

thanks.

If they don't return the good LCD back then how I know they have change the new panel for me..they can just change the glass panel only and charge for full price..or they can use it on another person repair..
 

aural

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2001
Messages
617
Reaction score
1
Mine got a dead pixel. Dun think it's due to drop Cos one day suddenly appear but I did drop the phone 2 months back. When asked to repair was quoted 300 plus by ps Samsung.
Dead pixel could be from drop?
 

ToiletUncle

Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2010
Messages
410
Reaction score
0
If they don't return the good LCD back then how I know they have change the new panel for me..they can just change the glass panel only and charge for full price..or they can use it on another person repair..

Samsung guys are too lazy to change just the glass for you. It'll be a lot easier to just change the whole lcd assembly for you.
 

Poker

Master Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2000
Messages
3,090
Reaction score
1
So now samsung don't have free replacement of glass liao ah? I thought 1 panel free?
 

Poker

Master Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2000
Messages
3,090
Reaction score
1
i remember my friend and my aunt also change their s3 screen for free at JP leh
that's why check with u guys?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top