Samsung S4 Crack Screen

KnockoutNed

Master Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
3,622
Reaction score
240
went down to PS today and got quoted $230+, argue for 5 mins and they gave discount to $135, so i took it.
 

chotemiya3

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2008
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Amoled screen damaged

My brother dropped his S4 and the amoled screen is damaged and is not working. The gorilla glass is fine but there is some cosmetic damage(scratches and dents) to the side of the casing. Any idea how much to replace the amoled panel at Samsung? Is it possible to change the casing of the phone since there is damage?
 
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
347
Reaction score
0
yup i think the cheapest is still from SC itself. Did they ask you to produce warranty or anyth? I cracked my s4 too but i have yet to do my online reg for the warranty cos it's really new and recent. Anyone can recommend me on what to do?

OMG! I also havent done the warranty. Dont know that I need to do it!
 

spearhawk

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
41
just a update. just went to PS SC to repair my crack screen for Samsung S4. managed to argue till around $130 for screen replacement after discount given by the manager.
 

buybrokenmobile

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2013
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Hey guys, if you dont wish to bother repairing the cracked phone and choose to upgrade. You can sell it to me! Ill go repair myself and use. Tks! Can sms me at 9729 2739 - Alan.
 

alinawyx

Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2010
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
went down to PS today and got quoted $230+, argue for 5 mins and they gave discount to $135, so i took it.

Same! :( That is such a ridiculous price; I had a reasonable chat with the manager to reach $130. If it wasn't for the fact that I didn't want the warranty to be void by myself, I would have try changing the digitizer on my own or get it repaired in Sim Lim Sq. It's so unfair that the screen would just miraculously cracked by itself and just so because the heaven had decided our fate with the smartphone, we had to pay another 20% of the original price (bought it with contract).
Why can't they just use hard plastic case like on s2, so that the screen doesn't go crack just because it has nothing else to do but sitting in my pocket? I rather have a long lifespan smartphone than one that wears spanking new outfit which causes permanent damage to my pocket (money).
 

haizsianz

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2009
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Hi guys,

I was quoted $230 for the cracked screen :eek::eek::eek:
I argued with the customer representative (student) but she was unwilling to bring price. I mentioned that I know of people who get charged for $130 but she challenged me for the name. If system really shows the person was charged at $130, she will offer the same price to me.

Do you guys mind PM-ing me the details of those who paid $130? Thanks thanks.
 

D.N.K.

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
My lcd screen broke was quoted 230 said ok now the guy calls and says your phone was running custom rom so mother board damaged will take 550 to fix.
Any one know an outside repair shop
 

Strikk

Master Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2003
Messages
4,563
Reaction score
537
Does anyone know if S2 glass is different from other S series glass?
Im still using S2, damn good phone.
I drop so many times over 3 years, never even once cracked. And I mean really drop face down, glass surface impact.
I feel very satki, everytime I drop ppl go "OHHH" but I just pick it up and everytime find no crack.
Now my charging dock got problem, can't charge properly and it will always jump to driving mode. Thinking to replace it. I really like S2 alot, probably will get back S2 if I can find it.:s22:
 

gwen.t8

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2013
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
If my s4 is still under warranty, will the service center still charge me for a cracked screen?
 

mokseng

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2013
Messages
30,890
Reaction score
27
my S4 LCD screen cracked during charging my phone

Could be due to the battery bloating up and caused pressure on the screen while charging. Should go to service centre and it shld be under warranty.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top