SCB SingPost/Spree Card

beautyseek

Senior Member
Joined
May 10, 2012
Messages
837
Reaction score
35
I had the scb manhatten card about 5 yrs ago and never own any other scb card before. Will i be entitled to the $138 if i apply for singpost card? Thinking of using this to buy air tickets online for december holiday...seems to me this is like the only good card around for online cash rebates now. thanks for kind help
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
I had the scb manhatten card about 5 yrs ago and never own any other scb card before. Will i be entitled to the $138 if i apply for singpost card? Thinking of using this to buy air tickets online for december holiday...seems to me this is like the only good card around for online cash rebates now. thanks for kind help

Not eligible for $138 as you had scb card before.
 

castafarian

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 5, 2001
Messages
5,755
Reaction score
171
I had the scb manhatten card about 5 yrs ago and never own any other scb card before. Will i be entitled to the $138 if i apply for singpost card? Thinking of using this to buy air tickets online for december holiday...seems to me this is like the only good card around for online cash rebates now. thanks for kind help
only 20 dollars
 

beautyseek

Senior Member
Joined
May 10, 2012
Messages
837
Reaction score
35
I have Manhattan for quite some time. Signed up for 2 credit cards SingPost and visa plat and got the $138. They also gave a luggage bag.

I read the tncs which state what Trazora said. But wondering if there may be a cut-off period for scb. I mean cannot be forever right? Like for some banks, i think it is 6 months lapse and will be deemed as "new" customer again.
 

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2013
Messages
9,671
Reaction score
1,382
wasnt there another fine print that said if u received welcome cash reward before, then will never ever get it again ?

maybe aKaGiz Manhattan did not come with any welcome cash reward, so now eligible for the $138
 

beautyseek

Senior Member
Joined
May 10, 2012
Messages
837
Reaction score
35
wasnt there another fine print that said if u received welcome cash reward before, then will never ever get it again ?

maybe aKaGiz Manhattan did not come with any welcome cash reward, so now eligible for the $138

If indeed the case, scb must keep a very solid database of all past records...
 

vince123123

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2000
Messages
2,237
Reaction score
2
If SCB really keeps track, it doesn't have to be a "solid" database. Just a single flag of "yes/no" in one field under "received promotion reward" in your customer account.

If indeed the case, scb must keep a very solid database of all past records...
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
I applied for SCB Singpost card and got $138 credited straight away without doing any minimum spend or anything. I like SCB :)

I wonder until when I can spend the $138. I want to use my anz optimum until Sept end since they have promotion that if I meet $500 spend between now and Sep end, I get 5% extra cash in addition to the 5 % category cash back.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 2 using GAGT

How to see that? I login online but doesn't seems to see the $138 credited yet.

Also, if we link this credit card to our PayPal account, then use the PayPal account to pay for online purchases, will we still get 7% cashback?
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
How to see that? I login online but doesn't seems to see the $138 credited yet.

Also, if we link this credit card to our PayPal account, then use the PayPal account to pay for online purchases, will we still get 7% cashback?

You don't have any card welcome bonus from SCB before right? If so, maybe can call to enquire about the $138.

Yes, Paypal should be eligible for 7% cashback.
 

haoKRR

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2013
Messages
2,357
Reaction score
0
from the online chat,

apply any of their card to enjoy the $138,
have 3 successful transactions to have first year waiver, another agent told me its 2 years.

so anyone applied for other cards other then e singpost?
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
You don't have any card welcome bonus from SCB before right? If so, maybe can call to enquire about the $138.

Yes, Paypal should be eligible for 7% cashback.

I called in to check specifically before applying. The last SCB CC that I had was about 1-2yrs ago, during the sign up 5 SCB CC and get $100 credit for each card.

They promised 1 days delivery of the card, which of course, they are late, so each card additional $50.

Total is 5 credit card of $100 + $50 (for taking > 1 day) = $750 credit for use. It was heavenly during that time.
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
I had the scb manhatten card about 5 yrs ago and never own any other scb card before. Will i be entitled to the $138 if i apply for singpost card? Thinking of using this to buy air tickets online for december holiday...seems to me this is like the only good card around for online cash rebates now. thanks for kind help

Not eligible for $138 as you had scb card before.

How to see that? I login online but doesn't seems to see the $138 credited yet.

Also, if we link this credit card to our PayPal account, then use the PayPal account to pay for online purchases, will we still get 7% cashback?

You don't have any card welcome bonus from SCB before right? If so, maybe can call to enquire about the $138.

Yes, Paypal should be eligible for 7% cashback.

Ok. Got the new sign up credit of $138 liao.

Just signed in today and saw it. By the way, once you get the credit card, you can sign up online to login straight away.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top