SCB SingPost/Spree Card

ska13a

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2015
Messages
1,616
Reaction score
0
I guess it does, not very sure. My rating is DD even though I pay on time and in full for all my cards. But DBS reported I didn't pay in full twice. And I go by giro for their credit card payments. Just reported it.

As long as the banks continue issuing me credit cards, I don't really care what the rating is haha.

also DD, just tested another bank and to obtain the free report haha

but no issue with cc rejection.
AA or whatever grade dont really care too.

if add on card trigger, i think the trigger on my report would be colorful, so not for my case.
depend ur bank le i guess
 

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2008
Messages
22,635
Reaction score
1,275
also DD, just tested another bank and to obtain the free report haha

but no issue with cc rejection.
AA or whatever grade dont really care too.

if add on card trigger, i think the trigger on my report would be colorful, so not for my case.
depend ur bank le i guess
how to get free report?
 

innumerabilis

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2006
Messages
1,536
Reaction score
22
how to get free report?
With effect from 1st April 2016, consumers who have applied for new credit facility with any of CBS member banks or financial institutions are entitled to a free credit report. View list of CBS members.

Credit applicants will now receive a notification letter informing of the credit application approval or rejection statuses. With this approval or rejection letter, you are able to obtain a free credit report from CBS within 30 calendar days from the date of approval or rejection letter.

http://www.creditbureau.com.sg/free-credit-report
 

KiraYamatoX

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2013
Messages
759
Reaction score
3
is the current 1 card for $138 sign up promo worth getting?
looks like for scb cant do the apply and cancel since the cash are only given to a certain amount.
 

jovialger

Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2014
Messages
401
Reaction score
1
how to get free report?

Just got my free report too. AA. I think the key is nil for history of default. Don't think the rate of new applications apply. I recently also applied for quite a few new cards (due to their benefits), some from new banks, some are new cards of existing bank.

Also, I never add their credit line. Just pure new card application. And I also at times enrol for their balance funds transfers if ultra good rates are offered.
 

hyperbole

Master Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2004
Messages
3,938
Reaction score
209
Just got my free report too. AA. I think the key is nil for history of default. Don't think the rate of new applications apply. I recently also applied for quite a few new cards (due to their benefits), some from new banks, some are new cards of existing bank.

Also, I never add their credit line. Just pure new card application. And I also at times enrol for their balance funds transfers if ultra good rates are offered.

Mine is DD and I've never made a late or partial payment in my life. I think it's more complicated than that
 

jovialger

Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2014
Messages
401
Reaction score
1
Mine is DD and I've never made a late or partial payment in my life. I think it's more complicated than that

and yours shown as nil for default history in the summary page? Hmm.
Do you have other bank loans like car loans, mortgage loans etc ?

Long credit history matters too. I still have an oldest card opened since 2001 and it is shown. So they can track over a long period. So it's not wise to just open and close card accounts so frequently then they can't have a long credit history to check ...
 

hyperbole

Master Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2004
Messages
3,938
Reaction score
209
and yours shown as nil for default history in the summary page? Hmm.
Do you have other bank loans like car loans, mortgage loans etc ?

Long credit history matters too. I still have an oldest card opened since 2001 and it is shown. So they can track over a long period. So it's not wise to just open and close card accounts so frequently then they can't have a long credit history to check ...

Yes, it shows as nil. No loans.

My earliest known credit is 2008.
 

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2008
Messages
22,635
Reaction score
1,275
Waa siao. My longest card only a few years. And I kept closing my cards because they don't want waive my yearly fee.
Which card you kept?

I think I need apply for my own dbs everyday to keep liao.

Applied scb cc at 8am. Now check credit bureau. I have AA.
 
Last edited:

hyperbole

Master Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2004
Messages
3,938
Reaction score
209
Waa siao. My longest card only a few years. And I kept closing my cards because they don't want waive my yearly fee.
Which card you kept?

I think I need apply for my own dbs everyday to keep liao.

You can apply CIMB to keep. No annual fee
 

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2008
Messages
22,635
Reaction score
1,275
You can apply CIMB to keep. No annual fee

I just realized in 2012, my applications for scb cards did not generate any enquiry and I also do not see any history of them in the list. Which is weird cause I had 8 cards from scb.
 

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2008
Messages
22,635
Reaction score
1,275
If you cancel card because of no annual fee waiver, you get marked down also. Knn.

Twice.
One for payment due past current.
One for outstanding balance when closing.
 

hyperbole

Master Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2004
Messages
3,938
Reaction score
209
I just realized in 2012, my applications for scb cards did not generate any enquiry and I also do not see any history of them in the list. Which is weird cause I had 8 cards from scb.

2012 probably dropped off the report already la.
 

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2008
Messages
22,635
Reaction score
1,275
Haha. Thanks. Interesting to see my credit history. AA. what you all do with balance fund transfer etc? What is it about?
 

jovialger

Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2014
Messages
401
Reaction score
1
Probably most recent x number

No, it shows ALL card applications opened and closed, and at the end will also list down current outstanding cards with the various banks.

as long as you kept on seeing "ANY" in first, second, third row..., then you are fine...

I also cancel cards if they do not waive the fee, just make sure you cancel it before the "fees" are due and don't let it become "overdue", then there will not be any black mark at all.
 

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2008
Messages
22,635
Reaction score
1,275
No, it shows ALL card applications opened and closed, and at the end will also list down current outstanding cards with the various banks.

as long as you kept on seeing "ANY" in first, second, third row..., then you are fine...

I also cancel cards if they do not waive the fee, just make sure you cancel it before the "fees" are due and don't let it become "overdue", then there will not be any black mark at all.

I received 2 Black because I cancelled after the fee is due. When it showed up in statement.

I think to avoid, we have to cancel if we do not get the waiver when it is still unbilled.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top