SCB SingPost/Spree Card

benlau1

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2012
Messages
1,204
Reaction score
3
Hi,

May I know whether I could use the earned rebates to offset the payment for the same month?

For example,
June statement spend - $600
June earned rebates - $42
So can I just pay $558 or I could only use the $42 rebate for July statement?

Many thanks for your kind advice.

Yes - you can offset and pay $558
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
i have prudential insurance to pay.

There is this pruaccess to update the credit card details.

Is this the one?

I called them and ask. They told me that "Insurance premium" will not be consider for cashback.
 

kyiori

Senior Member
Joined
May 12, 2009
Messages
1,560
Reaction score
21
does it count if i link scb to my paypal account for online transaction? anyone tried it before?
 

Knightoftheblackrose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2010
Messages
21,808
Reaction score
17,158
I think you mean to say that

1) You register your SCB card in PayPal
2) You make online payments using your SCB card via PayPal

Then yes, I have been awarded the 7% before for online purchases of goods , e.g. EBay.

does it count if i link scb to my paypal account for online transaction? anyone tried it before?
 

xXxJavierxXx

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2004
Messages
1,236
Reaction score
20
Many thanks for your help.

I tried reading about 30pages or so, so far, my conclusion is as follow:

The following will entitle for 7% online rebates
1. telco bills via their website (e.g. M1 & Singtel)
2. Taobao
3. Qoo10
4. Lazada SG
5. Shaw Cinema online ticket
6. Airline tickets: SQ, Silkair, Airfrance
7. Paypal
8. Amazon

Do the following entitle to 7% rebates:

1. Golden Village cinema tickets
2. Zalora SG
3. Budget airline: Tiger, Airasia & Jetstar
4. Expedia.com
5. Agoda.com
6. Resort World Sentosa: Hotel, theme park tickets

Thanks


Up for reference.
 

alphaone

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2002
Messages
852
Reaction score
0
anyone try purchase via honestbee n gt 7% rebate


sorry for noob qn


Just received the cashback breakdown from CSO, HonestBee only 2%. She claims VISA code indicates it's a "Local Supermarket" and thus doesn't qualify for 7%.

I really wonder if it's VISA's fault or SC anyhow change... Anyone can advise?

Cos some of the stuff I bought previously, e.g. Online Pharmacy, used to enjoy 7% but recently marked as 0.3%.
 

jentang

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2013
Messages
1,085
Reaction score
169
That's SC's policy. In one of their pm to me, they told me fairprice online, redmart and other online groceries are all classified under grocery purchases and given 2% rebates.

Just received the cashback breakdown from CSO, HonestBee only 2%. She claims VISA code indicates it's a "Local Supermarket" and thus doesn't qualify for 7%.

I really wonder if it's VISA's fault or SC anyhow change... Anyone can advise?

Cos some of the stuff I bought previously, e.g. Online Pharmacy, used to enjoy 7% but recently marked as 0.3%.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top