SCB SingPost/Spree Card

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
I think with all these cc giving cashback for online merchant spending is ridiculous.

We as consumers have no idea whether the online merchant will classify it as online transaction.

We will only know when we check on our statement and rebates.

N more n more these so-called online merchant do not classify our transaction as online.

This is getting so much fun!

Any suggestion how they can do it better?
 

ixoral

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
1,236
Reaction score
60
it's just kinda troublesome if you need serveral transactions to hit the max rebates; best is air tix and 1-2 more transactions totalling >/=857, then it's clear cut $60 rebates. but can't complain about "free money" LOL.

i thought air tickets purchase dont qualify? read sometime back. is this still the case? cos airline ticket purchase can't use paypal...
 

juxtaposition

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
1,372
Reaction score
1
Already suggested but as always the usual response.

1. Cannot disclose which merchants are eligible
2. Even if the merchant is eligible, the way they charged it matters.

Today one of the bank tell me, u can charge a small amount first then call in n ask.

I will just slowly phase out these cards.

Any suggestion how they can do it better?
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Already suggested but as always the usual response.

1. Cannot disclose which merchants are eligible
2. Even if the merchant is eligible, the way they charged it matters.

Today one of the bank tell me, u can charge a small amount first then call in n ask.

I will just slowly phase out these cards.

Unless there is a centralized official website stating the MCC and whether the charging is consider online, dun think the bank will bear the risk of upfront telling people which are all the merchants that are considered online.
 

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
7,433
Reaction score
717
i thought air tickets purchase dont qualify? read sometime back. is this still the case? cos airline ticket purchase can't use paypal...

JAL and Korean Air qualify too, I would think most/all airlines can. I always book via website.

Ya it's just cumbersome if we can't be sure if a particular merchant qualifies. Some ppl say KLOOK doesn't.
 

luvalist

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2006
Messages
1,751
Reaction score
15
just wondering if anyone did not get the 7% rebate for starhub and singtel payments after appealing? I just sent the appeal but wondering if I should continue charging to this card for telco payments.

My qoo10 also only gotten 0.2% rebate
 

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
7,433
Reaction score
717
just wondering if anyone did not get the 7% rebate for starhub and singtel payments after appealing? I just sent the appeal but wondering if I should continue charging to this card for telco payments.

My qoo10 also only gotten 0.2% rebate

2nd CSO also insisted my qoo10 can't get the 7% rebates, looks like have to call already...
 

heng_ah

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2015
Messages
10,681
Reaction score
1,387
Qoo10 / QOO10 is a bit confusing.

Paid thru PayPal for qoo10 gift card, didn't get full rebate and have to call in.

Second time, paid directly using cc for qoo10 gift card . Also needed to call in.

CSO helped me to reinstate actual rebate on both occasions.
 

hyperbole

Master Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2004
Messages
3,938
Reaction score
209
Qoo10 / QOO10 is a bit confusing.

Paid thru PayPal for qoo10 gift card, didn't get full rebate and have to call in.

Second time, paid directly using cc for qoo10 gift card . Also needed to call in.

CSO helped me to reinstate actual rebate on both occasions.

Is it only happening for this card ah? Didn't hear of this for other cards
 

hwmook

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2002
Messages
25,390
Reaction score
1,786
Is it only happening for this card ah? Didn't hear of this for other cards

Not really, i suspect Qoo10 sometimes charge the transactions offline. I used Citibank rewards for Qoo10 recently. Within the same month, i have 2 transactions and 1 of them does not get the 9x points for online while the latter transaction did.
 

longfart

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2009
Messages
793
Reaction score
25
Qoo10 / QOO10 is a bit confusing.

Paid thru PayPal for qoo10 gift card, didn't get full rebate and have to call in.

Second time, paid directly using cc for qoo10 gift card . Also needed to call in.

CSO helped me to reinstate actual rebate on both occasions.

May I ask how you managed to make payment using PayPal for GC? I couldn't find it under my payment mode options.
 

dgeralds

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 19, 2001
Messages
7,382
Reaction score
2,402
I think it is time to dump all these cards that are too confusing to follow and just use care that are straight forward even if the cash back is small....
 

shengliang1981

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
2,439
Reaction score
174
Last few days test water for singtel with a small amount and apparently still dont get 7% when cashback credited today.. really dont know what card to use in future..
 

devion

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2001
Messages
1,672
Reaction score
214
You have to call the CSO to dispute. I called for mine today & they will manually credit the amt for Starhub bill. M1 so far no issue.
He mentioned that merchant did not state it as online....I disputed that I have been paying online all the while in the past & got the 7%.
I guess it will be in this mode & for those unsuspecting customers....they will lose the 7% cashback for such cases. Win for SCB.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top