Sep 2012 BTO

bold10

Reaction score
My selection date is tomorrow. Still don't know whether to opt for flooring. Any feedbacks from anybody?

suzuka88

Reaction score
My selection date is tomorrow. Still don't know whether to opt for flooring. Any feedbacks from anybody?

which bto site ? i ask my friend doing tiles working if own self lay tiles , owner need to go look for it , they just workmanship fee.

bold10

Reaction score
Ok. 3300 for 3 room. Tiles design is fix so kind of hesitating and it seem boring if every unit have the same thing. Do we need to give the answer tomorrow for the floor option? I wonder what is the market price now? Any clues?

Silverboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok. 3300 for 3 room. Tiles design is fix so kind of hesitating and it seem boring if every unit have the same thing. Do we need to give the answer tomorrow for the floor option? I wonder what is the market price now? Any clues?
My friend just did his 3 room flat with a contractor (no ID), his flooring alone cost $4.2K. This is already a discounted price, he claimed.
Homogenous tiles though.

bold10

Reaction score
Oh! Which means if my bto ready in 3 years period the price might not be 4.2 anymore. So to save cost we will opt for the tiles. Thanks for sharing the info.

Silverboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh! Which means if my bto ready in 3 years period the price might not be 4.2 anymore. So to save cost we will opt for the tiles. Thanks for sharing the info.
If you still want to take outside tiles, still can, just take cheaper tiles.
My friend's tiles were priced at $3.20 psf after discount.
Can choose cheaper alternatives like ceramic or porcelain tiles to lower costs.

For me, the tiles HDB will be using for OCS suits my desired color scheme so I will taking up HDB's offer for the flooring. Besides, can pay installments via CPF and if got problems can bombard HDB to rectify.
Been through a bad reno job by an ID who couldn't be bothered with our complaints after she received payment, so I rather be safe with the flooring.

I do foresee myself hacking away the timber skirting though. Prefer tile skirting but laminating the timber skirting is always an option.

bold10

Reaction score
My plan is to lay oblong tiles. Simple n elegant. We also thinking of marble flooring. But we just couldn't find the time to check with contraactors. Do we need to provide the option answer tomorrow?

Silverboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My plan is to lay oblong tiles. Simple n elegant. We also thinking of marble flooring. But we just couldn't find the time to check with contraactors. Do we need to provide the option answer tomorrow?
Have no idea as I haven't gone through my selection yet.
Perhaps the other folks here can help you out.

Haneko

Reaction score
Have no idea as I haven't gone through my selection yet.
Perhaps the other folks here can help you out.

I think you're referring to the OCS? Yes, your decision must be made known on your appointment date when you select your unit. You MUST make a decision by then. It will then be written in black and white and your decision cannot be changed.

bold10

Reaction score
Thanks. Finally we select our unit n opt for flooring. Now wait for another 4 months to make payment. Here goes my blood money but we are happy.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.