Show off your Springboard !

argentinafa

Master Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2003
Messages
3,145
Reaction score
525
Previously on my 4, say I've located the UIImages inside this folder private/var/stash/Themes/Buuf2/UIImages, I can easily find my desired icons to customize and throw inside this folder.

But recently using absinthe to jb my 4S, I go to the same folder private/var/stash/Themes/Buuf2/UIImages, I can't get what I want to be changed anymore (e.g. signal bars, wifi logo). Anyone knows what's wrong?

I only managed to change my SingTel logo at /var/mobile/library/carrier bundles/iPhone/SingTel_sg.bundle.
 

bagger 288

Suspended
Joined
Dec 8, 2009
Messages
7,286
Reaction score
27
Weather code should be mostly inside the HTML file. eg: widget.html

Open up the HTML file and look for "var locale" change it to "SNXX0006" will do:)

Hope it helps^^

Cheers!

long time no see u here. btw u know after u remove the 'slide to unlock knob' possible to move the wording more to the left?
 

siron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2000
Messages
10,542
Reaction score
2
xl_1327923345_46582444a0e3165be24801673d6abc5a.jpg
xl_1327923443_1738af8d16260d5479e27cf813504d67.jpg



My Springboard. Love it! hahaha
 

argentinafa

Master Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2003
Messages
3,145
Reaction score
525
Previously on my 4, say I've located the UIImages inside this folder private/var/stash/Themes/Buuf2/UIImages, I can easily find my desired icons to customize and throw inside this folder.

But recently using absinthe to jb my 4S, I go to the same folder private/var/stash/Themes/Buuf2/UIImages, I can't get what I want to be changed anymore (e.g. signal bars, wifi logo). Anyone knows what's wrong?

I only managed to change my SingTel logo at /var/mobile/library/carrier bundles/iPhone/SingTel_sg.bundle.

Self solved. Like the carrier logo, iOS5 has changed the naming of files for signal bars, wifi logos. Its really a hassle to rename all of them. _0_, _1_, _2_, _3_ etc. So many files. Even by copy and pasting, takes lots of effort too.

Previously was 2 files Black_xxx, Silver_xxx
Now is 3 files ColorOnGrayShadow_xxx, WhiteOnBlackEtch_xxx, WhiteOnBlackShadow_xxx
 
Last edited:

ultima89

Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2010
Messages
310
Reaction score
0
long time no see u here. btw u know after u remove the 'slide to unlock knob' possible to move the wording more to the left?

Haha yup cos no jailbreak for 5.01 so stay stock till now then Jailbreak plus busy with school too :) hmm, you mean the text "slide to unlock " in yr LS shift to the left? I never tried before cos normally I will remove all bars n text and replace with sliders ^^

Let's make this thread alive again!! Huat Ah!!
 

argentinafa

Master Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2003
Messages
3,145
Reaction score
525
To remove black shadows around icons in multitasking bar

I believe there are many others like me who don't like the black shadows around icons in the multitasking bar (when you double tap home button). This also serves as a backup infomation for myself in the event that I wish to restore/rejb my iPhone again.

Black shadows around icons in multitasking bar:
6794966527_fd3e38eb2e_z.jpg


1) Using openSSH and WinSCP, go to this folder System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app and look for this file SwitcherIconShadow@2x~iphone.png

Delete this particular file away (or if you wanna play safe, copy the file to your comp)

2) Next, go to the cache folder private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.springboard.sharedimagecache/Persistent

Delete every files away. Don't worry its safe.

End result:
6794967549_b3488b1148_z.jpg
 

Kiddream

Master Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2004
Messages
2,871
Reaction score
140
For those who want to change their operator logo, downloaded this new cydia tweak: Zeppelin. There are preassigned themes for you to choose from. If you want to use your own operator logo (Singtel, M1 or Starhub), just create a folder inside "Library/Zeppelin" and dump your files in. Works like a charm! :)
 

siron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2000
Messages
10,542
Reaction score
2
For those who want to change their operator logo, downloaded this new cydia tweak: Zeppelin. There are preassigned themes for you to choose from. If you want to use your own operator logo (Singtel, M1 or Starhub), just create a folder inside "Library/Zeppelin" and dump your files in. Works like a charm! :)

doesn't work for me...
 

argentinafa

Master Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2003
Messages
3,145
Reaction score
525
doesn't work for me...

Till now, still no luck in doing it bro? I always try to do things the "clean" way, avoiding Winterboard and going directly to the correct directory inside the iPhone, to replace the original files.

Here you go, I've uploaded the 3 .png files to my mediafire server:
SingTel carrier logo for iOS5

Edit: I understand that mediafire server is a little bit sucky in successfully one shot one kill of d/ling the file, but just try to be patient and continue to click it. It'll work after several tries.

- After you download the .zip file above and unzip it, copy the 3 files, and using WinSCP on your comp, openSSH on your iDevice to paste these 3 files into this folder /var/mobile/library/carrier bundles/iPhone/SingTel_sg.bundle
- You may wanna make a backup of the original 3 files inside that folder.
- Respring

Sure to work.

Other bros who are on other telcos, do a search for the .png files. There's a thread created here
 
Last edited:

lonerzboy

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2009
Messages
654
Reaction score
10
Fake Operator, Make It Mine, Winterboard & Springtomize settings which changes the carrier logo/text in anyway will affects Zeppelin.


For me, initially it dint work. All I did was disable springtomize 2 status bar custom carrier, respring, select the carrier logo i want in zeppelin, respring, and it worked! :s12::s12:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top