[SIC] Windows 8 for S$18

waiken

Honorary Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
112,461
Reaction score
4,159
is it dependent of the comp brand model u put in? put dell inspiron 1545 i never encounter the need to enter product key
 

Ultrafire

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2012
Messages
1,674
Reaction score
0
either it track my IP or now need to key in product key liow ...cause i try to get more promo codes cannot liow even if i change email add or phone number etc ...will prompt me to key in CD key liow
 

tytr

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,359
Reaction score
0
Just confirmed - No need windows CD key
I punched in OTHERS...and the other 2 fields DIY.
and I got the promo code as well.



I just registered.. dont need product key..

I put Others as manufacturer, Model also key in others
 

hachew

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2003
Messages
1,626
Reaction score
7
either it track my IP or now need to key in product key liow ...cause i try to get more promo codes cannot liow even if i change email add or phone number etc ...will prompt me to key in CD key liow

trying using a VM?
 

tytr

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,359
Reaction score
0
How many orders did you make?


either it track my IP or now need to key in product key liow ...cause i try to get more promo codes cannot liow even if i change email add or phone number etc ...will prompt me to key in CD key liow
 

Shooker

Senior Member
Joined
May 15, 2010
Messages
2,148
Reaction score
3
either it track my IP or now need to key in product key liow ...cause i try to get more promo codes cannot liow even if i change email add or phone number etc ...will prompt me to key in CD key liow

you used same computer to order? I actually got 3-4 original windows 7 cd keys on all my pc...
 

Ultrafire

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2012
Messages
1,674
Reaction score
0
How many orders did you make?

i din order ...i get the promo code 1st ...will decide to order anot later....so far i order and paid 1 ...after getting another 3 promo code ...i was prompted to key in product key liow regardless what info i use ..
 

tytr

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,359
Reaction score
0
Ahhh.....
I see...
Maybe this "enter windows product key" activates when U hit the 5th promo code.
My guess only.


i din order ...i get the promo code 1st ...will decide to order anot later....so far i order and paid 1 ...after getting another 3 promo code ...i was prompted to key in product key liow regardless what info i use ..
 

Sapphy

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 20, 2007
Messages
9,044
Reaction score
0
the windows 8 setup.exe after run liao got option to copy to thumbdrive anot?
 

Ohayo!

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2011
Messages
55,365
Reaction score
3,761
Just confirmed - No need windows CD key
I punched in OTHERS...and the other 2 fields DIY.
and I got the promo code as well.

Cant leh. No fugging idea liao. Tried Chrome incognito also.

No matter how i try always prompt me for Product Key. Maybe track IP or mac address :(

LGBF0.png


I haven't even purchased my first yet. :s22:
 
Last edited:

Ultrafire

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2012
Messages
1,674
Reaction score
0
Ahhh.....
I see...
Maybe this "enter windows product key" activates when U hit the 5th promo code.
My guess only.

but even if i change all the info also cannot liow ...meaning they should be tracking IP
 

tytr

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,359
Reaction score
0
I am thinking your "window 8 setup" means the windows upgrade assistant.

If it is, then yes it will eventually ask U on how to install win8
It will take some time.
It will download..validate and check the files before it will ask U this question.
:)


the windows 8 setup.exe after run liao got option to copy to thumbdrive anot?
 
Last edited:

Nitrile

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2002
Messages
105,555
Reaction score
141
clear cookies lor

or use diff browser?

anyone installed it?

abit scared to install leh. cos i'm doing some important work this weekend.
 

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
38,449
Reaction score
2,349
I just finish install on my spare machine... damn... really NO start button liao... I dunno even how to shutdown... FAINTZ!!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top