SingSaver scam

• Have you been Scammed?
    Follow this advisory from National Crime Prevention Council (NCPC) on the next steps you can take. More info

Maxpac

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just want to ask if anyone feels scammed by the recent SingSaver new sign up credit card promotions. And what’s your experience about it?

CrashWire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by scammed?

I have managed to win quite a few of their flash deals last year, but I have an outstanding SCB signup from July that still hasn't been paid. I'll wait a few more weeks for mine.

cassowary18

Reaction score
The recent Dyson promo for new Citi sign ups is it?

Even if you're not part of the first few people to sign up you still get $300 via paynow which is not a terrible deal what. When I signed up for citi I only got $200.

shengliang1981

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just want to ask if anyone feels scammed by the recent SingSaver new sign up credit card promotions. And what’s your experience about it?

Some time ago I signed up many credit cards via SingSaver, so far able to get the cash rewards that they offered, not sure what is happening recently. Maybe you can provide some context.

Knightoftheblackrose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
+1

My overall experience with SingSaver is also positive.

They have always honoured all the signup deals.
So far , I have always managed to collect a few hundred dollars worth of vouchers etc after signing up for numerous credit cards through them .

Some time ago I signed up many credit cards via SingSaver, so far able to get the cash rewards that they offered, not sure what is happening recently. Maybe you can provide some context.

wira

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think singsaver has improved.
PReviously their voucher must collect personally from Peace Centre. Now at least they send via paynow. v convenient.

duhduhduh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think singsaver has improved.
PReviously their voucher must collect personally from Peace Centre. Now at least they send via paynow. v convenient.

I still rememeber going into the small shop... and the lady just asked me to write my name on a book and she gave me cash.... extremely weird....!

XseanX

Master Member
Reaction score
I still rememeber going into the small shop... and the lady just asked me to write my name on a book and she gave me cash.... extremely weird....!

Yea, me too. So far their rewards are genuine, just need to wait abit. Maybe TS didn't manage to get some rewards due to some T&C thus classify them as "scam".

libertizer

Reaction score
Signed up for citibank card few months ago, now singsaver refused to honour the signup reward, claiming that citibank changed the application number and push the fault to Citibank. It happened to me and my friend. really f. up.

july_victor

Reaction score
Hi, MaxPac,
i have similar BAD SINGSAVER SCAM experience like you.

According to the promo, there are 2 parts:
- cash rebate from bank (ya, it is from bank , not SINGSAVER)
- redemption item (for my case,to redeem the dyson purifying fan)

i wrote email to Singsaver Customer service (you know, no one will pick up while making a call). glad that there has a reply and asked for reference number and so on. after provided so and all the criteria are met. the customer service then claimed that it is up to Bank to decide. so, i made call to Maybank, which i applied my card. MAybank explained that the redemption gift is NOT from Maybank, but singsaver. and asked me to get from Singsaver, which is fair.

i have quoted Maybank info and shared with Singsaver. this is the reply i got
"Unfortunately, the status of your eligibility for the rewards for your Maybank application with reference [20200925011006150] remains as non eligible, and we have not received any update from the bank on the change of eligibility status.

While we understand that this experience has been frustrating for you, we'd like to clarify that before we are able to proceed with the fulfillment of your gift, we will need a formal notification from the bank confirming your eligibility.

Our hands are tied due to the processes that has been in place, hence we do suggest for you request for the bank to formally notify Singsaver on the change of your eligibility status before we are able to proceed further. "

so, play Taiji? or tell u that SINGSAVER wanna wash hands off?
the recent i posted here is not the GIFT, but to share about the Singsaver experience i met
very disappointing

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
While we understand that this experience has been frustrating for you, we'd like to clarify that before we are able to proceed with the fulfillment of your gift, we will need a formal notification from the bank confirming your eligibility.

Our hands are tied due to the processes that has been in place, hence we do suggest for you request for the bank to formally notify Singsaver on the change of your eligibility status before we are able to proceed further. "[/I]

This is the case of "if we dun get paid, we can't pay you". While there is nothing wrong with the business model, I think there should be better collaboration between Singsaver and with the Bank. This sort of experience just make consumers pissed and in the long run, no one is going to patronize them, only get to themselves frustrated over some gifts.

soxwork

Reaction score
They have honoured my rewards so far.

Got to look through the t&c carefully and follow the rules closely

laurent_rio

Reaction score
This is the case of "if we dun get paid, we can't pay you". While there is nothing wrong with the business model, I think there should be better collaboration between Singsaver and with the Bank. This sort of experience just make consumers pissed and in the long run, no one is going to patronize them, only get to themselves frustrated over some gifts.

"if we dun get paid, we can't pay you" --> this one same reason that shopback in the end not give the cashback

SBS2716G

Master Member
Reaction score
It seem like Maybank/Singsaver usually don’t have such good promo esp for that Dyson fan? When is the promo?

Unless it is those “first XX number of applicant” type.

Edit: from the application ref, seem to the first 65 applicants each day from 24-27 sept.

Did you make any eligible spend ?

The name list of those who have won.

https://www.singsaver.com.sg/blog/giveaway-and-competition-winners#SSFlashDealSep20

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.