[Software Update] iOS 10.0.1 Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

3hubb3r

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 19, 2005
Messages
15,838
Reaction score
16
In the morning after I updated, I checked and I saw Thomson. I thought it was normal coz I stay at Bishan. Was using wifi at home then

But after I reached office at MacPherson, in office using wifi, it was still showing Thomson.

So I played around it, I allowed it to use 4G data, then let my phone to use 4G, and check Weather again. Then I saw there are now this little compass icon and a dot at the bottom. The compass will show my current location, Ubi, the little dot still shows Thomson. I don't know what is that dot for, maybe previous location.

udj0oEW.png


zSyPOv5.png
tap the bottom right button and remove thomson location
 

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,577
Reaction score
347
Updated both SE and ipad pro; so far so good. However, the calendar event view is not showing up on the locked screen on the ipad.

Read that the safari split view is supported on ipad but can't find that option.

For Safari Split Screen View, press and hold on to the new tab button.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,319
Reaction score
6,579
In the morning after I updated, I checked and I saw Thomson. I thought it was normal coz I stay at Bishan. Was using wifi at home then

But after I reached office at MacPherson, in office using wifi, it was still showing Thomson.

So I played around it, I allowed it to use 4G data, then let my phone to use 4G, and check Weather again. Then I saw there are now this little compass icon and a dot at the bottom. The compass will show my current location, Ubi, the little dot still shows Thomson. I don't know what is that dot for, maybe previous location.

udj0oEW.png


zSyPOv5.png

If you off everything, it should show Singapore. Not Ubi or Thomson, unless location service for weather is on.
 

cosmo74

Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2007
Messages
174
Reaction score
9
any way to get back the slide to unlock the iphone?

I like that

Personally, i don't like the idea of clicking the home button to unlock. I preferred to use Touch ID to unlock, so if you guys prefer the same way as i do, here are some settings to disable the clicking of home button to unlock:

Settings - General - Accessibility - Home Button - Turn on the Rest Finger


All you will have to do is to make sure the Lock screen is awake, then rest your finger on the Touch ID sensor (no need to press) to unlock the phone.
 

PongRareRare

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2008
Messages
2,047
Reaction score
92
6S Plus here. No lag.
Notification sound for whatsapp is different thought the setting from whatsapp is the original one
I dun like the new album lol
 

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,577
Reaction score
347
Is this very sensitive? Let's say u leave the iPhone 6s Plus in a backpack, will the screen come on and off constantly when you move around with the bag?

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

That I'm not too sure. From what I can tell, the raise to function works through the accelerometer? Since it wakes the phone when you place it vertically and off the screen when it's placed horizontally.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

Raise to Wake uses the M9 co-processor to trigger it, thats why it is only available from iPhone SE onward sans the iPad Pro. The movement in the bag is minimal thus it won't trigger the Raise to Wake function.
 

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,797
Reaction score
277
iOS 10 only has one new wallpaper :(

As for appstore review, I have no problem with it.

My GM build is 14A403.

Looks like apple did something back end. Morning it says I cannot write reviews on beta os. Tried it after seeing complaints in other forums
 

dimm88

Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2008
Messages
412
Reaction score
0
not yr email? then how did u activate yr phone when u got it?

Honestly I do not recall seeing the activation lock screen when I was there at SingTel. All I do is to just key in my Apple ID when ask to....definitely not activation lock.
 

jq75

Honorary Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2000
Messages
143,057
Reaction score
5,010
Observations so far

1. lags bigtime (opening of apps have 3-5secs delay)
2. battery juice is a sucker (45% to 35% in 5 mins??)

Using ip6s plus. downloaded via OTA @ 7am


Tot it shld be better? Esp when batt is concerned?
It freed up about 800mb space on one of my idevice
 

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
21,483
Reaction score
3,161
Honestly I do not recall seeing the activation lock screen when I was there at SingTel. All I do is to just key in my Apple ID when ask to....definitely not activation lock.

like petpet mentioned in yr thread, think u shud find proof of purchase then go to e service center...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top