[Software Update] iOS 10.0.1 Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sookainian

Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
316
Reaction score
0
Maybe your phone was a stolen phone or you found it and it's got locked. But thinking new OS might remove the lock. It won't. Good luck trying to convince Apple to unlock it. But high chance they won't. Unless you got the receipt and box to prove to them.
 

dimm88

Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2008
Messages
412
Reaction score
0
Maybe your phone was a stolen phone or you found it and it's got locked. But thinking new OS might remove the lock. It won't. Good luck trying to convince Apple to unlock it. But high chance they won't. Unless you got the receipt and box to prove to them.

Maybe your msg is directed at me. I have misplaced the receipt but I do have the sales agreement with me stating my name, date of purchase and IMEI etc. Also I do have the Apple care certificate with the IMEI. Appreciate you do not jump the gun saying is a stolen phone or found it and I trying to convince apple to unlock it. Thanks
 

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2004
Messages
38,552
Reaction score
2,169
Maybe your msg is directed at me. I have misplaced the receipt but I do have the sales agreement with me stating my name, date of purchase and IMEI etc. Also I do have the Apple care certificate with the IMEI. Appreciate you do not jump the gun saying is a stolen phone or found it and I trying to convince apple to unlock it. Thanks

Then should be fine, I had a friend who had that issue, brought down with the documents to prove and they resolved it.
 

dimm88

Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2008
Messages
412
Reaction score
0
Then should be fine, I had a friend who had that issue, brought down with the documents to prove and they resolved it.

Thanks I have called up the service center at Wheelock place but they direct me to call Apple instead. Spoken to Apple staff over the phone, the staff request I send the receipt which I do not have. They don't recognise the sales agreement.
 

ashhong

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2009
Messages
2,051
Reaction score
0
nobody answered my previous post on "Press home to unlock" and "Press home to open"?
 

sookainian

Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
316
Reaction score
0
Maybe your msg is directed at me. I have misplaced the receipt but I do have the sales agreement with me stating my name, date of purchase and IMEI etc. Also I do have the Apple care certificate with the IMEI. Appreciate you do not jump the gun saying is a stolen phone or found it and I trying to convince apple to unlock it. Thanks

Good luck on that. As long you got the hard copy in black and white just call 1800MYAPPLE and they will advise you
 

Eidekos

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2013
Messages
1,013
Reaction score
1
Tot it shld be better? Esp when batt is concerned?
It freed up about 800mb space on one of my idevice

lags seems to be better now, I thnk my phone just needs a complete re-install.

as for the battery, no improvement, feels sucks juice 50% just for an hour.
- background app refresh OFF
- location services ON
- normal social media usage (no youtube, music and videos)

????
 

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2004
Messages
38,552
Reaction score
2,169
Thanks I have called up the service center at Wheelock place but they direct me to call Apple instead. Spoken to Apple staff over the phone, the staff request I send the receipt which I do not have. They don't recognise the sales agreement.

You should be fine.

Sales agreement in fact is more legit than receipt in case of a telco.

Tell them that, plus you have the IMEI info on it.

Anyway should be fine, just need to furnish them the details, I mean may be a bit troublesome, but think of it in another way, it means they value security quite high as in people are not able to anyhow claim the phone stolen from you as theirs.
 

dimm88

Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2008
Messages
412
Reaction score
0
You should be fine.

Sales agreement in fact is more legit than receipt in case of a telco.

Tell them that, plus you have the IMEI info on it.

Anyway should be fine, just need to furnish them the details, I mean may be a bit troublesome, but think of it in another way, it means they value security quite high as in people are not able to anyhow claim the phone stolen from you as theirs.

Thank you so much
 

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
21,484
Reaction score
3,163
spotlight unit/currency conversions r missing for me. :s22:
 

jason910

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2002
Messages
4,658
Reaction score
5
Battery life is very bad after updating. This applies to my ipad air 2 also. Went from 100%-60% in less then 1 hour. Did a full reset after installing also same.

I experienced very bad battery life when i was on beta version in my ipad air 2.

lags seems to be better now, I thnk my phone just needs a complete re-install.

as for the battery, no improvement, feels sucks juice 50% just for an hour.
- background app refresh OFF
- location services ON
- normal social media usage (no youtube, music and videos)

????
 

galliano

Master Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2001
Messages
4,335
Reaction score
121
Personally, i don't like the idea of clicking the home button to unlock. I preferred to use Touch ID to unlock, so if you guys prefer the same way as i do, here are some settings to disable the clicking of home button to unlock:

Settings - General - Accessibility - Home Button - Turn on the Rest Finger


All you will have to do is to make sure the Lock screen is awake, then rest your finger on the Touch ID sensor (no need to press) to unlock the phone.

For someone like me who needs to occasionally let in pin code for security (company required), it's quite troublesome that they removed the swipe.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top