Sony Xperia 1 V

Toader

Master Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2006
Messages
3,670
Reaction score
881
is there international warranty?

I'm choosing between this and oppo find x6 pro (which is not released globally...)

might end up getting a friend to buy either of them from HK or something in July...
Likely no international warranty. Best is buy from Sony SG. There are members here who bought overseas went to send SG service center need to fork out ( read the previous phones topics it's somewhere there)

30 degrees room temperature 4k 60 fps 27 minutes overheat . 4k 30fps record over 1 hour 10 minutes no heat warning. This guy video damn detailed. Even compare with iphone 14 pro and samsung galaxy s23 ultra .

 

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
9,042
Reaction score
416
Haha. Not going to argue with that.
Met some diehard fans who defend that loss of SD card slot is good since everything is in cloud, and without 3.5mm jack since majority of earphones are wireless now. Whatever floats their boat. :s13:

Yeah, looking to see what colours are available for 5V.
Blue and purple 5IV very chio.

https://www.docomo.ne.jp/product/so54c/
sd card still needed la.. or even dual sim.. which they dont have anyway...

3.5mm is a must for audophiles
 

chooyoshi

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2016
Messages
2,241
Reaction score
493
That's pretty sad if you are paying top dollars for a product and can't choose the colours that are available but not locally. I thought they only do this to the smaller model - 5 IV.
Other countries lagi worse

Can't even buy an Xperia at all
 

pawn_king

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2005
Messages
1,477
Reaction score
158
My Mk3 battery ggg already think capacity is like 2700mah now

The battery life is now not able to sustain a day and can drain out very fast

If the phone is functioning fine except for a degraded battery, i dont think it warrants a phone change?
some brands are offering original battery change as low as $50 (out of warranty).

nowadays smart phones very powerful, flagships surely can last 4 years
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
sd card still needed la.. or even dual sim.. which they dont have anyway...

3.5mm is a must for audophiles

3.5mm jack is minimum requirement for quality music. Though mass crowd going cheap on headphones and probably lower quality music sources. At least you get choices when you have the hardware.
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
Other countries lagi worse

Can't even buy an Xperia at all

Market share too low, cannot help if certain countries' mindshare is all about either IOS or few android brands going cheap and full scale marketing.
Both pricing and marketing (if any) are not doing any favors to xperia, unlike the gaming console market where there is only few mainstream brands.
 

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
9,042
Reaction score
416
3.5mm jack is minimum requirement for quality music. Though mass crowd going cheap on headphones and probably lower quality music sources. At least you get choices when you have the hardware.
i need 3.5mm for other reasons (rhythm games lol).

But ya.. in general I still use wired.
 

xinzizu

Senior Member
Joined
May 5, 2007
Messages
517
Reaction score
3
Hi all, I’m new to Sony phone. Saw the Sony event and wanted to give it a try. I got a couple of questions.

1) comparing with Xperia Pro I, is it better to get Pro I due to 1 inch sensor and the price drop is almost cheaper?
2) how many years of android OS upgrade and Security does Sony support?
3) dual SIM card support?
 

omelet

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2006
Messages
2,251
Reaction score
346
Hi all, I’m new to Sony phone. Saw the Sony event and wanted to give it a try. I got a couple of questions.

1) comparing with Xperia Pro I, is it better to get Pro I due to 1 inch sensor and the price drop is almost cheaper?
2) how many years of android OS upgrade and Security does Sony support?
3) dual SIM card support?
1) Sony often places the latest tech and software in their new product, and it rarely trickle down to older models even if it is just software. IMO, better to get Xperia 1 V.
2) 2 years of OS and Security updates.
3) Dual physical SIM. https://www.sony.com.sg/smartphones/products/xperia-1m5/spec
 

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
9,042
Reaction score
416

omelet

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2006
Messages
2,251
Reaction score
346
"2 years" of updates is for the prev gen.. maybe this one will be better...
We can hope, but did Sony officially announce any increase?
1 II support ended exactly at end of 2 years mark, 1 III still got a few more months to go for confirmation, 1 IV still got 1 more year to go so can't tell yet.
 

Toader

Master Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2006
Messages
3,670
Reaction score
881
Hi all, I’m new to Sony phone. Saw the Sony event and wanted to give it a try. I got a couple of questions.

1) comparing with Xperia Pro I, is it better to get Pro I due to 1 inch sensor and the price drop is almost cheaper?
2) how many years of android OS upgrade and Security does Sony support?
3) dual SIM card support?
Welcome to the dark side.

Speaking of software updates. My xperia 5 is still using very fine although long out of firmware support, only left with play store updates and sometimes android general updates. Only hit's battery went down a bit lower to around 80 percent of it's original. Other than that I'm very happy with it . Sometimes it does better job than xperia 1IV. (Signal strength and loading youtube )
 

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
9,042
Reaction score
416
Welcome to the dark side.

Speaking of software updates. My xperia 5 is still using very fine although long out of firmware support, only left with play store updates and sometimes android general updates. Only hit's battery went down a bit lower to around 80 percent of it's original. Other than that I'm very happy with it . Sometimes it does better job than xperia 1IV. (Signal strength and loading youtube )
as long as playstore updates still around, should be ok ba..
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,826
Reaction score
2,772
speaking of which .. how come pro-i don't have upgrade after so many years? could have reached out to those who really want a 1" sensor..
 

xinzizu

Senior Member
Joined
May 5, 2007
Messages
517
Reaction score
3
Thank you all for the prompt reply.

does our local Sony store have hand on? So far I think non of the telco carry Sony mobile. I think only Sony store sell it directly.
 

Toader

Master Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2006
Messages
3,670
Reaction score
881
Thank you all for the prompt reply.

does our local Sony store have hand on? So far I think non of the telco carry Sony mobile. I think only Sony store sell it directly.
Yes only Sony sells it directly via trheri store/ Lazada Sony. Call and check with Somerset 313 & Orchard. Do update here if have prototype/ demo set. (To all members)
 

jt2901

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
1,012
Reaction score
34
Preorder should start on 18th. That's what they told me at the store. Not sure packaged with what though
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top