wow.. your XZs still alive? (except battery)
Thanks! Yeah, it is still alive but a bit laggy when surifing net via Firefox nowadays. Still can play Love Live All Stars but a bit laggy too and I shifted back to my iPad Pro for that to preserve whatever battery lifespan left
Actually, the general longer lifespan and relevancy of usage to me of all Xperia phones that I use so far (XZs, Z3 Compact, Xperia Z) is one very big reason why I am sticking with the Xperia this time. I got at least 3 years out of my Z3 Compact before its battery bloated and my XZs is in its 4th year, battery bloated about a few months ago though.
Its familiarity with Japanese apps that I will be using. 3.5mm jack, microSD slot, and generally a much cleaner design language in hardware and software are big push points too. I held off from replacing my XZs earlier in 2019 when Xperia lost its way and Sony Singapore pulled out of the mobile market, but its recent resurgeance here has finally made me reconsider holding back any further so here I am lol
5III will be costly. Lets say predict around $200 less than xperia 1III it will be $1699 during launch. And predict start sales around September period (if everything goes well and not snatched up sales by China or other disasters / lock down ) so you need to prepare/ make that amount as well as wait around that time and even longer. Up to you for consideration.
Thank you, these factors are indeed in my mind too when I am deciding. Having my XZs being at least more usable than before with said bloated battery help me think a bit more rationally but I still need some help seeing if I making sense or not
5 II: Looks really good since has no heat issues unlike SD 888 and cheapest out of these. But the 5G bands feel incomplete compared to any of the III phones (remember that I will like to hold onto the next phone for 3 years minimum so got chance I will want it to work with 5G properly). Also I need to buy as soon as next week lest OOS, which means my finances will be tighter than what I prefer.
5 III: Waiting time and supply issues as mentioned. I think SD 888 issues would be largely mitigated by how little 5 III would push the chip compared to the 1 III. Will be the easiest on my finances in terms of timing
1 III: Quite costly and some reports of heat issues in Xperia subreddit. Then again, maybe going big may be good for me? I do think that Sony will be able to handle the heat with future patches
(yes, I have read the threads here especially about SD 888's issues but still trying to see how relevant it should be in making my decision)