Sony Xperia 5II

Legionchaos

Senior Member
Joined
May 10, 2013
Messages
555
Reaction score
235
Hope 12 arrive fast and then hope it solves the issue.
Thank you for your Good wishes i hope so too, though is not really a problem but hahaha just that arse feeling of something is not working dun feel good
 
Last edited:

hueman

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2000
Messages
2,118
Reaction score
4
Hi all, my 5ii screen is having this "light sabre" vertical green line along the center. Quite sure it's a hardware problem. I've checked many places (except Sony Service Centre), seems like no shop has parts to repair. Does any of you know any lobang?
 

Legionchaos

Senior Member
Joined
May 10, 2013
Messages
555
Reaction score
235
Hi all, my 5ii screen is having this "light sabre" vertical green line along the center. Quite sure it's a hardware problem. I've checked many places (except Sony Service Centre), seems like no shop has parts to repair. Does any of you know any lobang?
try this place breakfixnow (bugis) i had been to them for lcd replacement on older xperia pretty ok but once open up you know your phone is half gone unless doone at sony.
 

hueman

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2000
Messages
2,118
Reaction score
4
I tried, they don't have stock for the parts and no intention to bring in
 

Legionchaos

Senior Member
Joined
May 10, 2013
Messages
555
Reaction score
235
ahh even they dun have ... but 5II is not that old also , but it could be due to covid production line affected. worst case sony service centre (like u mentioned)...... at least they seal the phone up properly
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
ahh even they dun have ... but 5II is not that old also , but it could be due to covid production line affected. worst case sony service centre (like u mentioned)...... at least they seal the phone up properly

It is always difficult to find replacement parts from third party for any brands other than the popular ones like sam. Same goes for phone accessories.
 

hueman

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2000
Messages
2,118
Reaction score
4
ahh even they dun have ... but 5II is not that old also , but it could be due to covid production line affected. worst case sony service centre (like u mentioned)...... at least they seal the phone up properly

Surprisingly I found one shop which is willing to order the part if I commit. $260... While screen replacement for Xperia 5 is $120. I wonder why the big difference. Anyway I am still considering.
 

jokerftw

Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
209
Reaction score
1
Surprisingly I found one shop which is willing to order the part if I commit. $260... While screen replacement for Xperia 5 is $120. I wonder why the big difference. Anyway I am still considering.
Can pm me the shop name for Xperia 5 screen replacement? my Xperia 5 screen cracked from drop and I want to change the screen
 

Toader

Master Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2006
Messages
3,673
Reaction score
882
Surprisingly I found one shop which is willing to order the part if I commit. $260... While screen replacement for Xperia 5 is $120. I wonder why the big difference. Anyway I am still considering.
Give this a try

 

Legionchaos

Senior Member
Joined
May 10, 2013
Messages
555
Reaction score
235
Surprisingly I found one shop which is willing to order the part if I commit. $260... While screen replacement for Xperia 5 is $120. I wonder why the big difference. Anyway I am still considering.
but why need to commit 260? if that amount seriously i go back to se centre to do it and have them update whatever that is required or need replacing at least is a good job done there - this my view no offense
 

hueman

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2000
Messages
2,118
Reaction score
4
but why need to commit 260? if that amount seriously i go back to se centre to do it and have them update whatever that is required or need replacing at least is a good job done there - this my view no offense
That will cost close to $500, and they don't have ready spare parts too.
 

connected

Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2006
Messages
124
Reaction score
3
That will cost close to $500, and they don't have ready spare parts too.
I don't get it, 3rd party quote $260 for screen part, then additional $120 for repair fee?
It is already 380 without waterproof.. If Sony Singapore (SS) quote $500, and if you have intention to use long term, I do don't think its worth to go 3rd party.

I dropped my X10M3, LCD into pieces and SS quote me $270 for screen+repair, nett price.
Its almost 50% of the phone price, but I don't see the need to change any time soon anyway.. so i went with it since its my spare phone now..

I also have X5M2 export set, no 5G so sad :(
 

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
9,042
Reaction score
416
I don't get it, 3rd party quote $260 for screen part, then additional $120 for repair fee?
It is already 380 without waterproof.. If Sony Singapore (SS) quote $500, and if you have intention to use long term, I do don't think its worth to go 3rd party.

I dropped my X10M3, LCD into pieces and SS quote me $270 for screen+repair, nett price.
Its almost 50% of the phone price, but I don't see the need to change any time soon anyway.. so i went with it since its my spare phone now..

I also have X5M2 export set, no 5G so sad :(
non export set also no 5G sad..
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
I don't see how anyone would miss out much without 5G network, which is still spotty coverage at best and consume extra battery life. 4G works fine for streaming videos even during peak hours.
 

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
9,042
Reaction score
416
I don't see how anyone would miss out much without 5G network, which is still spotty coverage at best and consume extra battery life. 4G works fine for streaming videos even during peak hours.
4G is less congested tbh... so there will be a difference..
 

titan_082

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
898
Reaction score
0
That will cost close to $500, and they don't have ready spare parts too.
Hi hueman, did u manage to get the screen repaired via the third party shop? How much did they charge? I just get the green vertical line yesterday and happen to see your post. Thanks.

Btw, is the name of the shop start with alphabet 'M'?
 

hueman

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2000
Messages
2,118
Reaction score
4
I don't get it, 3rd party quote $260 for screen part, then additional $120 for repair fee?
It is already 380 without waterproof.. If Sony Singapore (SS) quote $500, and if you have intention to use long term, I do don't think its worth to go 3rd party.

I dropped my X10M3, LCD into pieces and SS quote me $270 for screen+repair, nett price.
Its almost 50% of the phone price, but I don't see the need to change any time soon anyway.. so i went with it since its my spare phone now..

I also have X5M2 export set, no 5G so sad :(
The quoted $260 is including parts and repair. Though much lower than SS's, still is not a small amount.

X5M2 local set supports local telco's 5G ah? I didn't know. 5G not really a consideration for me right now, maybe the next phone.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top