Sony Xperia XZ3

Leviathan

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2014
Messages
2,041
Reaction score
7
I have doubts we will ever get to see XZ3 at the rate Sony are selling their flagship.
Their sales are ailing.

Sent from Sony Xperia XZ2! using GAGT

As a sony fanboy here, i am very sad that Sony phones depreciate like water. I got my XZ2 on March 2018 and it was 998 and in just 6 months (August 2018) , guess how much it is worth to Sony when you want to trade it in?

No its not 500, nope its not 400, its 250! I checked it at WISMA and 313 Somerset, Sony stores both quote the trade in price to be that low.

I know, I know. You can trade it in outside. But the sad part is that Sony phones really hold no value and the moment you leave the shop with your new Sony, the price has fallen flat already.
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
As a sony fanboy here, i am very sad that Sony phones depreciate like water. I got my XZ2 on March 2018 and it was 998 and in just 6 months (August 2018) , guess how much it is worth to Sony when you want to trade it in?

No its not 500, nope its not 400, its 250! I checked it at WISMA and 313 Somerset, Sony stores both quote the trade in price to be that low.

I know, I know. You can trade it in outside. But the sad part is that Sony phones really hold no value and the moment you leave the shop with your new Sony, the price has fallen flat already.

Unless you are buying a new phone for flipping, never have expectations for the resale value of smartphones nowadays.
 

Leviathan

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2014
Messages
2,041
Reaction score
7
Unless you are buying a new phone for flipping, never have expectations for the resale value of smartphones nowadays.

What you say is so true. Sony shop looks like a ghost town, nobody there. The new XZ2P is OOS.
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
What you say is so true. Sony shop looks like a ghost town, nobody there. The new XZ2P is OOS.

Not that their products are inferior, they are simply lacking in marketing strategy.

There are plenty of good feedbacks for Sony products but it is not showing in the sales figures of their phones.
 

SeanPC

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2002
Messages
1,704
Reaction score
77
As a sony fanboy here, i am very sad that Sony phones depreciate like water. I got my XZ2 on March 2018 and it was 998 and in just 6 months (August 2018) , guess how much it is worth to Sony when you want to trade it in?

No its not 500, nope its not 400, its 250! I checked it at WISMA and 313 Somerset, Sony stores both quote the trade in price to be that low.

I know, I know. You can trade it in outside. But the sad part is that Sony phones really hold no value and the moment you leave the shop with your new Sony, the price has fallen flat already.

Supply and demand. Buy high, sell high and buy low, sell low. I just use what I like.
 

incubus22

Senior Member
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
2
As a sony fanboy here, i am very sad that Sony phones depreciate like water. I got my XZ2 on March 2018 and it was 998 and in just 6 months (August 2018) , guess how much it is worth to Sony when you want to trade it in?

No its not 500, nope its not 400, its 250! I checked it at WISMA and 313 Somerset, Sony stores both quote the trade in price to be that low.

I know, I know. You can trade it in outside. But the sad part is that Sony phones really hold no value and the moment you leave the shop with your new Sony, the price has fallen flat already.
Most Android phones hold no value.
Only the almighty iPhone has an upper hand on such things.

Sent from Sony Xperia XZ2! using GAGT
 

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 25, 2002
Messages
34,997
Reaction score
8,609
Most Android phones hold no value.
Only the almighty iPhone has an upper hand on such things.

Sent from Sony Xperia XZ2! using GAGT

This topic has been discussed million of times. Sheeple helps Apple to maintain the price.
 

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
9,042
Reaction score
416
Most Android phones hold no value.
Only the almighty iPhone has an upper hand on such things.

Sent from Sony Xperia XZ2! using GAGT

coz apple controls the prices. Nobody is allowed to lower it without explicit approval from apple
 

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2015
Messages
66,742
Reaction score
6,184
Xperia XZ3 leaked
Sony_Xperia_XZ3_Colours_-_02_gxiziq.jpg

Sony-Xperia-XZ3-Full-Image.jpg
 

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2015
Messages
66,742
Reaction score
6,184
the purple and green really nothing to say. the old purple and green are nicer. the front never follow the back colour.
Actually I quite like the red colour, very similar to OPPO Find X's Bordeaux Red colour.
N5_4_RGB_FN_WP_FB_1024x1024.png


XZ3's front will be black for all colour, likely due to the OLED display on the XZ3 since OLED is capable of true blacks, thus it will look seamless with a black wallpaper.
 

Sephirot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 11, 2004
Messages
11,339
Reaction score
1,237
Nice red and green. Hope the camera is the new 45mpx if not no point buying this over XZ2.
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
the purple and green really nothing to say. the old purple and green are nicer. the front never follow the back colour.

I thought my eyesight failed when people said purple colour. :D
 

sunnycrowe

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2011
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
1
More like maroon color (officially they name it burgundy red)...

Prefer a true purple or a red (like the xz premium red)..

Looks like front will be black for all colors
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top