Speakers Dilemma!

AS1

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2003
Messages
44,474
Reaction score
533
what kind of speaker would be good if it for useage for an all-rounder? though gaming & movies is what i do most.
budget wise prolly >500
well if power and ground shaking is what you need, i believe Fuwell got a Razer Mako 2.1 on display. Can ask them to direct connect to source but i recommend either test using laptop or iphone as most generic mp3 players dont have enough power (or volume) to max its output.

now $499.
 

tungz10

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2009
Messages
8
Reaction score
0

Hi Guys I need help in speaker systems. I have 2 speaker in mind which is Logictech Z-5500 and BOSE Companion 5. I m not a gamer but I listen to music most the time. Listen Acoustic n Jazz n movie too.


i can recommend the creative gigaworks T3 so powerfull and not that expensive. almost same quality with bose comapnion. you can try it yourself first they have displays in challenger shops. google some review and comaprisons ;)

i think around $275-300.
bang for the buck!
 

darkgarnezh

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
1,137
Reaction score
0
anyone can reccommend a cheap cheap budget 2.1? for usein army camp. consider 2nd hand too i guess.
 

envisager

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
If you considering T40, why not take a look at MX5021 from altec @ 229. It's a 2.1 speaker tat's THX certified.
20W sat and 50W woofer. Comes with wiren console and a wireless remote.


to top up.
ALTEC LANSING MX6021 total continuous 200w
 

envisager

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Hi Guys I need help in speaker systems. I have 2 speaker in mind which is Logictech Z-5500 and BOSE Companion 5. I m not a gamer but I listen to music most the time. Listen Acoustic n Jazz n movie too.



Hi recommending you another speaker to compare.

Expressionist Ultra is standard 2.1 speaker comes with huge bass

Subwoofer:
260mm (W) x 382mm (D) x 400mm (H)
Subwoofer: 68 Watts @ 8 ohms @
10 % THD @ 40 Hz – 180 Hz Single
Channel Loaded

Total Continuous Power: 200 Watts RMS


refer to this thread for more infos.
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2618011
 

eventidephoenix

Master Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2007
Messages
4,446
Reaction score
0
Hi recommending you another speaker to compare.

Expressionist Ultra is standard 2.1 speaker comes with huge bass

Subwoofer:
260mm (W) x 382mm (D) x 400mm (H)
Subwoofer: 68 Watts @ 8 ohms @
10 % THD @ 40 Hz – 180 Hz Single
Channel Loaded

Total Continuous Power: 200 Watts RMS


refer to this thread for more infos.
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2618011

I second this recommendation.. the sound is brilliant... If I can afford it, I would have bought it :(
 

TechNuB

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2007
Messages
5,363
Reaction score
62
Hi recommending you another speaker to compare.

Expressionist Ultra is standard 2.1 speaker comes with huge bass

Subwoofer:
260mm (W) x 382mm (D) x 400mm (H)
Subwoofer: 68 Watts @ 8 ohms @
10 % THD @ 40 Hz – 180 Hz Single
Channel Loaded

Total Continuous Power: 200 Watts RMS


refer to this thread for more infos.
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2618011

keep seeing envisage promoting altec lansing expressionist ultra to pple lol.. u must be a great lover of this speaker.

I second this recommendation.. the sound is brilliant... If I can afford it, I would have bought it :(

yub i have to agree the sound is great. better than a T3 in some sense, but eats too much power takes too much space...
 

tatsit

High Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
160,863
Reaction score
28,869
i'm looking for a 2.1 speakers that has a headphone jack and changable cables. budget around 200-300, any recommendations?

seems like promedia is no longer in brought into sg, and their 2.1 requires 120v, anyone crazy enough to ship it from america and use step down transformer just to use those speakers?
 

walkman586

Junior Member
Joined
May 27, 2006
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
I stopped by chamoxa today to check on the Audioengine A2. Seems like they stopped bringing it in already. Apparently the shop assistant said that the newer batches of the A2 cannot pass the IDA inspection. Is there anywhere else that has it?
 

ra[g]e

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
5,934
Reaction score
75
i'm looking for a 2.1 speakers that has a headphone jack and changable cables. budget around 200-300, any recommendations?

seems like promedia is no longer in brought into sg, and their 2.1 requires 120v, anyone crazy enough to ship it from america and use step down transformer just to use those speakers?
I strongly recommend the Creative Gigaworks T3 - it is 2.1 with crazy sub woofer. $278 at Fuwell. Check google for reviews - mostly all very good. I've owned one for around 8 months and its perfect - audiophile grade (based on my experience - I own a set of UE triple.fi's and Alessandro MS-1s).
 

JasK

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2002
Messages
5,073
Reaction score
117
what do u guys think of harman kardon soundsticks ii?
 

Ekaksha009

Junior Member
Joined
May 15, 2010
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Boss Acoustimass 10 speaker system

I'm using this surround sound system for a year. It is one of the best in market that you can find if you have the budget. Build with a sleek design and a powerful acoustic module, Jazz music is never the same again. Thanks to Boss for the meticulous construction of such speaker system. :s7:
 

darkbladez

Master Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2004
Messages
3,784
Reaction score
0
I stopped by chamoxa today to check on the Audioengine A2. Seems like they stopped bringing it in already. Apparently the shop assistant said that the newer batches of the A2 cannot pass the IDA inspection. Is there anywhere else that has it?

For A2 and A5, you can get it at AudioTrio at Bukit Timah Plaza. I bought my A2 and S8 sub from there. The price is fixed. A2 better than my Aego M..

Anyone interested in my Aego M with full custom cables?? :D
 

ShibbyMiester

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2003
Messages
1,546
Reaction score
0
For A2 and A5, you can get it at AudioTrio at Bukit Timah Plaza. I bought my A2 and S8 sub from there. The price is fixed. A2 better than my Aego M..

Anyone interested in my Aego M with full custom cables?? :D

New A2 combi with S8 sub is that already 1k worth of audio goodness? :s7:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top