Starhub Giga

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,165
Reaction score
17,436
Redeem by 1 Mar for use till your next renewal date. I redeem and then regret because my renewal on 1 Mar. So if redeem now, only for 3 days use because unused will lapse on 1 Mar.

Oh yah, I should have redeemed it on 1 March instead, aiyah.
 

chaiscool

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2018
Messages
16,402
Reaction score
6,002
Yes, is always pay full first then they will refund pro-rated based on the date u port out. This only applies to the 3 main telco.

MVNO will charge a full month's subscription even if u port out after just one day on the service.
Telco only pro rate after 1 month minimum. If you sign up any line with them and port out before 1 month, they’ll charge you the whole month too.

Also, mnvo like zero1 pro rate iirc
 

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2002
Messages
9,903
Reaction score
25
Yes, is always pay full first then they will refund pro-rated based on the date u port out. This only applies to the 3 main telco.

MVNO will charge a full month's subscription even if u port out after just one day on the service.

if my Circles Life renews on 1 Mar and I port out on 1 Mar 0000..., I'll probably get charged the full month of March for Circles no matter what right?
 

bjornng

Master Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
2,858
Reaction score
0
Hey guys,

I got this weird issue with giga.. Not sure if you guys experienced before.

On mobile data, all apps work fine, fast speed/loading, but I find that only instagram is lagging. Lagging in a sense where it seems like I'm on 3g or lower. Takes a much longer while to load.

When I switch to 2nd sim (M1), it works fine. Home wifi also works fine. It's only on giga data when it lags.

Have tried rebooting a few times which solves the issue temporarily, but it would lag again after a while.

Anyone experienced before?
 

aqualeris

Senior Member
Joined
May 2, 2009
Messages
982
Reaction score
0
Hey guys,

I got this weird issue with giga.. Not sure if you guys experienced before.

On mobile data, all apps work fine, fast speed/loading, but I find that only instagram is lagging. Lagging in a sense where it seems like I'm on 3g or lower. Takes a much longer while to load.

When I switch to 2nd sim (M1), it works fine. Home wifi also works fine. It's only on giga data when it lags.

Have tried rebooting a few times which solves the issue temporarily, but it would lag again after a while.

Anyone experienced before?

Yes, I have the exact same problem! Thought it was something wrong with my phone/instagram app. Seems to only be on iOS though. When I pop my giga sim to an Android phone it seems to work fine.

Any way to resolve this? I sent giga a request message but not expecting much... Probably will tell me to do the usual: reset APN/reinstall instagram/reboot phone/all other common sense steps I already tried.
 

CarharttBoy

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2018
Messages
91
Reaction score
26
Commenced port in process yesterday into my giga sim. Old sim card no more service but my number has yet to be port over and there was no email mentioning about the port in commencing. Is this normal?
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
Commenced port in process yesterday into my giga sim. Old sim card no more service but my number has yet to be port over and there was no email mentioning about the port in commencing. Is this normal?

Initiate a chat with their customer service.
 

frekedech

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2008
Messages
1,437
Reaction score
21
3-A4-A031-F-202-C-472-E-90-E9-1-C8-FBFD21-C9-D.jpg



Pretty cool :eek:

My current one is $18 for 40GB, 200 MIN & 200 SMS.
 
Last edited:

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,354
Reaction score
3,713
Wah. Giga free up size for existing customers. Nice touch because most telcos only interested in new customers.

FREE AUTO UPSIZED PLAN
Before: 6GB, 100 mins, 100 SMS at $10/month
At your next renewal date: 6GB, 500 mins, 500 SMS at $10/month
 

Dorkable

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2014
Messages
1,806
Reaction score
441
I wanna change to the new $18 50GB plan, but Giga only allows new sign-ups for this plan, bummer.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top