Starhub Giga

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,737
Reaction score
2,327
just for those interested to sign GIGA $10 plan.
The speed for the $10 plan is throttled to about half of what you can usually get on the $18 plan.
No not true, I've not experienced any slowdown coming from Singtel to Giga $10. Unless you tell me Singtel speeds are subpar to Starhub..
 

mikeymesina

Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2012
Messages
270
Reaction score
2
I have both the $10 and $18 plans so I put this to the test. These were taken one after the other at the exact same location. Here is the speedtest result of the $18 plan (Phone: Note 10+):
ktSzkwZl.jpg


Sent from Samsung Note 10 Plus using GAGT
 
Last edited:

BeefCutlet

Banned
Joined
Dec 20, 2019
Messages
4,100
Reaction score
1
I have both the $10 and $18 plans so I put this to the test. These were taken one after the other at the exact same location. Here is the speedtest result of the $18 plan (Phone: Note 10+):
ktSzkwZl.jpg


Sent from Samsung Note 10 Plus using GAGT

The speed difference is minimal... so there’s no difference between $10 & $18 plan in terms of speed
 

mikeymesina

Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2012
Messages
270
Reaction score
2
The speed difference is minimal... so there’s no difference between $10 & $18 plan in terms of speed
Yup. I did the test 3 times for each device and the difference is more or less the same.

Sent from Samsung Note 10 Plus using GAGT
 

mikeymesina

Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2012
Messages
270
Reaction score
2
Thanks for making the effort to test and posting results here.
No worries. I just wanted to test the claim made earlier that there was a speed difference between the 2 plans. �

Sent from Samsung Note 10 Plus using GAGT
 

Cissiboy

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2008
Messages
1,663
Reaction score
10
definitely never had issues of speed or lag..hence even if it was sort of limited it still is not noticeable

App started working fine again last friday night yes
 

N4E.SI

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2015
Messages
24,560
Reaction score
31,171
The speed difference is minimal... so there’s no difference between $10 & $18 plan in terms of speed

I have no issues with Giga connection speed so far. But their support is terribly inadequate

I ported over from Circle Life to Giga 2 wks ago, and almost kinda regretted. Whenever I reached out to the support via Giga app, all I got was automated replies by Bot, paragraphs after paragraphs of useless template answer.
I tried their FB messenger, same thing all response by Bot. It's extremely frustrating. maybe that is the "price" to pay for using a cheap telco?

so far with Singtel, Starhub, M1 and even Circle Life, I could easily get help either via their hotline or live agent for CL

Giga seems to have extremely little live support and reply entirely on bots. I am gona try for a few more months and may consider switching back to CL, even thou it costs a little more

My honest feedback, and also review for those who are keen to try Giga
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,361
Reaction score
3,714
I have no issues with Giga connection speed so far. But their support is terribly inadequate

I ported over from Circle Life to Giga 2 wks ago, and almost kinda regretted. Whenever I reached out to the support via Giga app, all I got was automated replies by Bot, paragraphs after paragraphs of useless template answer.
I tried their FB messenger, same thing all response by Bot. It's extremely frustrating. maybe that is the "price" to pay for using a cheap telco?

so far with Singtel, Starhub, M1 and even Circle Life, I could easily get help either via their hotline or live agent for CL

Giga seems to have extremely little live support and reply entirely on bots. I am gona try for a few more months and may consider switching back to CL, even thou it costs a little more

My honest feedback, and also review for those who are keen to try Giga

Agree with you on the frustration on trying to reach Giga for support.

But I am curious what you need to reach Giga for. So far I only need support when my port-in has problems.
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
Agree with you on the frustration on trying to reach Giga for support.

But I am curious what you need to reach Giga for. So far I only need support when my port-in has problems.

True. So far I have only needed to contact their support for some issues during port in. Haven't had to contact them since ( fingers crossed )
 

Apex01

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2020
Messages
8,670
Reaction score
2,640
If you need Giga CSO you can write your issue on their FB page and also send thru FB messenger.
 

Hwsemb

Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2018
Messages
245
Reaction score
24
Agree with you on the frustration on trying to reach Giga for support.

But I am curious what you need to reach Giga for. So far I only need support when my port-in has problems.

If our issue is Port-in related, will CSO respond more promptly (bcos port-in issues kind of need urgent attention)?

In the in-app "Leave a Message" section, the subject headings only have "replace lost sim", "replace faulty sim", "refund", "update id" and "others". If select "Others" for port-in problems, hope they will be able to see and handle quickly.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top