Starhub Giga

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2001
Messages
8,883
Reaction score
4,893
Just signed up for the $10 for 10GB popup plan, will port my Vivifi line in to Giga. Testing Starhub's network again for a few months. :)
 

Heidel

Member
Joined
May 24, 2007
Messages
498
Reaction score
1
I am disappointed and frustrated with Giga after sales service. Customer service totally non existence.

I have multiple emails sent to giga cares and after more than 2 weeks till now, totally not a single reply when auto email reply claimed to get back within 10 minutes and 72 hours.

Live chat agent is just as bad. Every time, I need to wait for almost an hour before any live chat agent appeared.
That was not all, each time I text a message chat to the live agent, it took him ages to reply. For eg. each text chat to the live agent, it took him nearly more than 15 minutes to reply. And then, he goes silence again not answering to the point to my questions.

Is there a giga office location that I can go to and any contact number to get to giga senior management staff?
I did tried StarHub at Plaza Singapore but they refused to handle anything relating to giga. Repeatably asked me to contact giga which is not existence. Live chat agent not helping, emails to giga cares totally no reply.

I strongly have no confident to recommend giga to anyone.
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
I am disappointed and frustrated with Giga after sales service. Customer service totally non existence.

I have multiple emails sent to giga cares and after more than 2 weeks till now, totally not a single reply when auto email reply claimed to get back within 10 minutes and 72 hours.

Live chat agent is just as bad. Every time, I need to wait for almost an hour before any live chat agent appeared.
That was not all, each time I text a message chat to the live agent, it took him ages to reply. For eg. each text chat to the live agent, it took him nearly more than 15 minutes to reply. And then, he goes silence again not answering to the point to my questions.

Is there a giga office location that I can go to and any contact number to get to giga senior management staff?
I did tried StarHub at Plaza Singapore but they refused to handle anything relating to giga. Repeatably asked me to contact giga which is not existence. Live chat agent not helping, emails to giga cares totally no reply.

I strongly have no confident to recommend giga to anyone.
Which telco you ported over from? If I am not wrong, most if not all mvno have close to none customer service
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
What is the issue you are facing ?
To be honest, you will not find much customer service for any MVNO.
My personal experience with Giga was fairly good, never had to contact them at all.
 
Last edited:

Soul77

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2001
Messages
2,232
Reaction score
13
As per what the news said. Everything is increased in price, except mobile phone price. So if not happy, just port out. I did that and ported out to gomo, in 2 days the whole thing done without issue. No more slowness during peak, and I have volte now on gomo.
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
As per what the news said. Everything is increased in price, except mobile phone price. So if not happy, just port out. I did that and ported out to gomo, in 2 days the whole thing done without issue. No more slowness during peak, and I have volte now on gomo.
GOMO have VOLTE now ?
 

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2001
Messages
8,883
Reaction score
4,893
Hmm... I know when I change providers, I'll usually reset the network settings. But this is okay with me as I have the wifi passwords to the networks I regularly connect to so it's no real loss. I find that helps to clear out residual settings and ensure less problems.

It's a throwback to the past when I changed SIM cards and had some iffy network connection for a while, and a reset network settings fixed it all.
 

Apex

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,509
Reaction score
250
I suspect sometimes is due to Handset firmware not configure for GIGA network (although they are using Starhub backend)
 

mysteria

Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2002
Messages
382
Reaction score
0
Hi all,
Would like to know does this work with all handsets? Understand TPG needs certain handsets with volte to work .
TIA
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top