Starhub Giga

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
I have just activated both of my Google Pixel 4a to Giga plan.

VoLTE setting is not there.

Can anyone confirm whether VoLTE is available for Google Pixel 4a phones? Thanks.

I am aware with SingTel and StarHub SIM card, there is VoLTE setting in Google Pixel 4a from the forum.

Sometime ago, I also tested someone StarHub SIM card on my Google Pixel 4a phone and there was the VoLTE setting.
When I was still on Giga last Dec , VOLTE not available for Pixel 4a.
If you need reliable VOLTE support, stick to main telco plans.

I am on Zero1 now, can see VOLTE setting.
But there still no VOLTE cos Zero1 doesn't provide VOLTE for their plans.
 

v1hypersg

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2003
Messages
872
Reaction score
28
hi,

i applied for a giga sim then after 1 week port over to giga,

then recently found that about midnight there will be a message saying that it send a sms out asking me to accept or cancel, it has been going on for past few nights,

anyone encounter same problem or something similiar ?
 

rahulk

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2015
Messages
57
Reaction score
6
hi,

i applied for a giga sim then after 1 week port over to giga,

then recently found that about midnight there will be a message saying that it send a sms out asking me to accept or cancel, it has been going on for past few nights,

anyone encounter same problem or something similiar ?
I don't recall receiving any sms like that. I ported over 3 weeks after activating the Giga SIM
 

v1hypersg

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2003
Messages
872
Reaction score
28
I don't recall receiving any sms like that. I ported over 3 weeks after activating the Giga SIM
it seem like sending a sms from your phone, but i check social apps like whatsapp or line, there is no such records,

maybe will drop by customer service centre this week and ask them
 

thekh21

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2020
Messages
2,360
Reaction score
552
Thanks kopi22,how go about contacting cs about my SIM card replacement then ..their app seem don't have features
 
Last edited:

Crimsom

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2003
Messages
9,278
Reaction score
1,700
Hello. Just to check about port in (first timer here)

My singtel contract ends on 3rd June (friday)

I already received my and activated my giga number.

If i request port in on 4th June (Saturday), roughly when will the port in be processed/completed? Since it's a weekend.

Thanks.

Okay. submit my port in request on 04 Jun at 930am.

Successfully ported on 05 Jun at 12am (sunday)

So far so good
 

thekh21

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2020
Messages
2,360
Reaction score
552
HI dora, went to the form and they made it quite a hassel submitting trying change the card for you. Possible contact s*hub customer service since under them?
Been with them quite a while and this is first time encountered this .
How they refund remaining subscription if I terminate the card?
 
Last edited:

jinsatkilife

Senior Member
Joined
May 4, 2019
Messages
2,447
Reaction score
2,232
does the giga $10 plan come with volte?

since it's on starhub network, why got so many feedback where coverage seems to be bky

need coverage to be good as driving grab around Singapore...
 

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2015
Messages
66,742
Reaction score
6,184
does the giga $10 plan come with volte?

since it's on starhub network, why got so many feedback where coverage seems to be bky

need coverage to be good as driving grab around Singapore...
Yes, the $10 plan comes with both VoLTE and VoWifi.
 

eting72

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2006
Messages
2,130
Reaction score
142
i bro-in-law port over during the $18 pop up plan of 50GB + 50GB (3 mths) but the extra 50GB never appear and no response from support....end up paying $22 for extra data after exceeding the 50GB

anyone had this issues?
 

a4973

Master Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2003
Messages
3,388
Reaction score
379
I have this weird situation. So a few times I was at a certain coffeeshop to tapao meals. Wanted to use CDC vouchers. 1st time When launch the CDC vouchers link there seems to be no internet connection though there's the full signal strength. Tried launching hwz app, sending a WhatsApp message and a few other apps all doesn't work. So paid with cash instead, Walk off still fiddling with my phone wondering what is wrong. After a few blocks away suddenly all apps can work. Subsequent times I went to the same coffeeshop same thing happened. Most recently I walked past the coffeeshop on way out, I was with a friend, he tried his starhub post paid line and I tried my giga line same thing happened. So thinking it may be the starhub cell tower serving that zone. Anyone have such experience and how to report to starhub and / or giga? Thanks.
 

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2013
Messages
8,082
Reaction score
463
I have this weird situation. So a few times I was at a certain coffeeshop to tapao meals. Wanted to use CDC vouchers. 1st time When launch the CDC vouchers link there seems to be no internet connection though there's the full signal strength. Tried launching hwz app, sending a WhatsApp message and a few other apps all doesn't work. So paid with cash instead, Walk off still fiddling with my phone wondering what is wrong. After a few blocks away suddenly all apps can work. Subsequent times I went to the same coffeeshop same thing happened. Most recently I walked past the coffeeshop on way out, I was with a friend, he tried his starhub post paid line and I tried my giga line same thing happened. So thinking it may be the starhub cell tower serving that zone. Anyone have such experience and how to report to starhub and / or giga? Thanks.
I think it's better for your friend to feedback directly to 1633. You don't have the rights to complain to StarHub directly, and giga wouldn't care at all (usual giga CS - deadpan mode).
 

a4973

Master Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2003
Messages
3,388
Reaction score
379
I think it's better for your friend to feedback directly to 1633. You don't have the rights to complain to StarHub directly, and giga wouldn't care at all (usual giga CS - deadpan mode).
Ok, will ask him to report to SH. thanks
 

therat

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,771
Reaction score
225
Hv anyone try gigaRoam APAC?
Able to purchase when in oversea and w/o data?

Or best purchase before travel?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top